+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Employer DUAL INTENT LMIA

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
Hi.
I came to Toroto March 2019, and am currently on Working holiday. My visa will expire next year Feb. I worked at a cafe as a supervisor(NOC B) from Sept.2019 until the lockdown.

I just started working at the other Cafe, now I am working as a General Manager(NOC 0) at a cafe, the employer is willing to sponsor my LMIA. However he has never done before.
Therefore I have to look for all the information for him.

I heard there is two Dual Intent LMIA, one for PR points, one for 2years work permit.
I want to apply for Dual Intent LMIA for work permit but all the information I can find about it is Low Wage and High Wage or Dual Intent for PR points but nothing about two years work permit.
I can apply for High Wage LMIA but I heard this Dual Intent Lmia processing time is shorter.

1. Do employee need to apply for EE before employer apply for Dual Intent work permit?

2. What are the requirements for Dual Intent for work permit?

3. Is Dual Intent LMIA for work permit application form is same as PR one?

4. Where can I get the information about Dual Intent LMIA for work permit information?

5. Does employee need to get health exam and English test score before employer apply for LMIA?

Thank you!

1. No
2. Company must be at least a year old
3. Dual Intent LMIA Application has no Transition Plan but instead asks questions about how the employer came to know about the worker. Otherwise, similar. Applications for Dual Intent are handled by the New Brunswick office, whereas high/low wage ones are processed regionally.
4. What do you need to know? LMIA gets issued and can used for both.
5. No.

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
1. No
2. Company must be at least a year old
3. Dual Intent LMIA Application has no Transition Plan but instead asks questions about how the employer came to know about the worker. Otherwise, similar. Applications for Dual Intent are handled by the New Brunswick office, whereas high/low wage ones are processed regionally.
4. What do you need to know? LMIA gets issued and can used for both.
5. No.
Thank you so much for the fast reply.
I want to know if application form for Dual Intent LMIA to get 2 years work permit is same as PR one (EMP5593)?
So if the employer doesn't pay then it's processed as just for PR points, if he pays $1000 and approved, then can apply for 2years work permit?

Thank you!

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
1. Yes same one. Just select the right box on Page 8
2. Correct
Thank you so much!
This is just from the curiosity, if Dual Intent processing time is shorter than Low/High Wage Program, does not matter about the employee
's wage, company only need to be one year old (which most or a lot of businesses are) and less strict when interviewing with Service Canada than other program, and can apply 2 years work permit, then why lot of people in NOC 0,A or B jobs apply for Low/High Wage program not Dual Intent?

Also,
1. Does Dual Intent also need to provide the reason why the employer could not hire any Canadians/PR interviewees?

2. Do employer must interview people who applied for the job? or can give reason (ex. not enough qualification or experience)

Sorry for asking so many questions...
Thank you so much

Last edited: