+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi to Toronto Direct flight

Abhishek4893

Jan 9, 2019
Anyone booked direct flight from New Delhi to toronto(AIR CANADA) ? I booked one and got mail that my flight has been rescheduled because it is unoperational . Is there anyone with the same situation. Please suggest me what to do in this Scenario . Really worried !

Abhishek4893

Jan 9, 2019
When u booked and for when u booked it
Booked on 2nd March and flying on 24th April.I have checked on Air Canada's website that due to air restriction they are diverting their flights to Vancouver. But the problem in my case is I have to catch next flight to Sydney Nova Scotia and will have 4 minutes to step in the next flight ,practically which is impossible . I have tried contacting the airline sveral times but their customer support number is not responding.

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
Booked on 2nd March and flying on 24th April.I have checked on Air Canada's website that due to air restriction they are diverting their flights to Vancouver. But the problem in my case is I have to catch next flight to Sydney Nova Scotia and will have 4 minutes to step in the next flight ,practically which is impossible . I have tried contacting the airline sveral times but their customer support number is not responding.
i also read somewhere that air Canada has stoped many of its planes can u tell which plane is mentioned on ur air ticket or in itinerary

Abhishek4893

Jan 9, 2019
i also read somewhere that air Canada has stoped many of its planes can u tell which plane is mentioned on ur air ticket or in itinerary
The kind of Airplane is not mentionted on my ticket but I have read that they have grounded their Boeing 737 max till june or july may be

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
The kind of Airplane is not mentionted on my ticket but I have read that they have grounded their Boeing 737 max till june or july may be
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home.html#/home:
open this link and go to my booking typ ur PNR number their is booking reference and last name ur booking will be open there print ur itinerary and see which plane it is.
i am flying on 4th of april and booked tickets on 25 feb

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per this link already posted here it is likely that the airline has had to chose a different routing due to the issues mentioned in this link. In choosing a different route likely means either a refuel stop now necessary or even sometimes a plane change if a domestic stopover.

Do not think has anything to do with 737 max as this direct route would be well beyond that planes range but not beyond a 787 or 777

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2019/flights-to-india.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Is your ticket a through ticket from Delhi to Nova Scotia all on Air Canada ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
air

AIR CANADA direct flight Boeing 787-9 flight
In the link provided it looks like you will remain on board the aircraft in Vancouver. You don't need to do anything.

I am assuming since they are flying in the opposite direction they are consuming more fuel, which is why they need to stop in Vancouver.

Another reason is that they are clubbing the non stop to Vancouver and Toronto together due to restriction in Delhi Airport.

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
air

AIR CANADA direct flight Boeing 787-9 flight
"If your destination is Toronto, Eastern Canada or the Eastern United States, you will remain on board during the Vancouver stop. Only passengers whose destination is Vancouver, Western Canada or the Western United States) will disembark."

From the link provided.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
What was your route ? I don't think a airline can book a connecting ticket that short. They would have probably booked you on the next flight. Are you able to access the modified booking.

Otherwise the only recourse is the following

If you currently have a reservation, it is possible for you to make voluntary changes to your itinerary if:

• You purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than March 14, 2019 for travel from March 15 to March 31st, 2019
  • Your itinerary includes flight AC42 or AC43, between Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
If you are scheduled to travel during the affected period, you may contact Air Canada Reservations (1-888-247-2262) to change your flight free of charge, to another date between May 1 and October 31, 2019, subject to availability in the cabin you originally purchased. Otherwise, any fare difference will apply.