File Transfer...
23 oct 2019
Med's Request
29 June 2019
Med's Done....
09 Aug 2019
Interview........
28 Jan 2020
I had an interview at ndvo today the officer took my interview and kept my pics and call logs and said we will inform you ? what does it mean ? are they going to approve or reject ?

Reactions: Bedi0199

mines

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Kathmandu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
07-11-2019
AOR Received.
08-31-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
09-06-2019
Med's Done....
12-06-2019
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2020
Guys,after18 months of submitting application today I'm overjoy with immigrant visa in my hand.best of Lucy to all my friends
timeline plz

Kkdhillon

May 10, 2020
Hello all.
I submitted application in August 2018. Did medical around November 2018, approved sponsorship eligibility dec 2018, and file transferred to NDVO feb 2019, received email from them for additional docs (photos) in April 2019, some more additional photos in May 2019 and since then pin drop silence!! It’s been an year since I heard from them and almost 18 months since I applied. Anyone in similar boat?

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
Hello all.
I submitted application in August 2018. Did medical around November 2018, approved sponsorship eligibility dec 2018, and file transferred to NDVO feb 2019, received email from them for additional docs (photos) in April 2019, some more additional photos in May 2019 and since then pin drop silence!! It’s been an year since I heard from them and almost 18 months since I applied. Anyone in similar boat?
Hey KK as per my experience it shouldn't take 18 months until there isn't any RED FLAG i.e. age difference, second marriage of PA or SPONSOR, different religion & background etc. But even in those cases it doesn't take that long cuz by law the maximum time frame for spousal cases is 1 year. All people who were in our group's ( Jan- June 2018 ) it took only 6 - 8 months max for whole procedure.

The sponsor in your case should contact to local MP asap even though it's pandemic all over the world & it's not easy to meet them in person but try to contact him / her by phone or email with whole case summary.

You can call CIC agents too or NDVO by phone or email as a reminder even though they don't reply to everyone but keep trying.

Main thing is after medical they gonna work on your background. It take maximum 3- 4 months moreover if they have backlogs then i seen they done it within week or days but seems like in your case they didn't that yet. On your gckey if it's show background check in PROGRESS that means they didn't start yet and if it's in PROCESS then it has been started.

So check your Gckey & confirm it and try to contact LOCAL MP IN CANADA, NDVO, CIC AGENT. Good luck to you bruv & hope you'll get it done asap.

ekthatiger

May 11, 2020
hello. i filed for spouse PR in December 2019, on 15 feb 2020 my wife got her medical done from new Delhi and by 18 February 2020 her application status changed to medical received. since then there has been no further update on her application. my question is how long does the request for PPR takes now a days in this COVID-19 period?

please respond.

Kkdhillon

May 10, 2020
Hey KK as per my experience it shouldn't take 18 months until there isn't any RED FLAG i.e. age difference, second marriage of PA or SPONSOR, different religion & background etc. But even in those cases it doesn't take that long cuz by law the maximum time frame for spousal cases is 1 year. All people who were in our group's ( Jan- June 2018 ) it took only 6 - 8 months max for whole procedure.

The sponsor in your case should contact to local MP asap even though it's pandemic all over the world & it's not easy to meet them in person but try to contact him / her by phone or email with whole case summary.

You can call CIC agents too or NDVO by phone or email as a reminder even though they don't reply to everyone but keep trying.

Main thing is after medical they gonna work on your background. It take maximum 3- 4 months moreover if they have backlogs then i seen they done it within week or days but seems like in your case they didn't that yet. On your gckey if it's show background check in PROGRESS that means they didn't start yet and if it's in PROCESS then it has been started.

So check your Gckey & confirm it and try to contact LOCAL MP IN CANADA, NDVO, CIC AGENT. Good luck to you bruv & hope you'll get it done asap.
thank you. Will try all those. Honestly wasn’t paying much attention to it as both of us live together in states however it’s ridiculously long now!

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
hello. i filed for spouse PR in December 2019, on 15 feb 2020 my wife got her medical done from new Delhi and by 18 February 2020 her application status changed to medical received. since then there has been no further update on her application. my question is how long does the request for PPR takes now a days in this COVID-19 period?

please respond.
Hey when it shows up medical received it means she have passed her medical and now next step gonna be background check which is main part in spousal application. There isn't any fix time for it i means how long it ll take totally depend on officer as well as your paperwork which you guys submitted. If there is backlog and they decide to finish quick then might be your lucky & it get done only in few days or weeks otherwise it take minimum 3 - 6 months. During this process they ll decide your wife need to go for in person or not, sometimes they call too so make sure your wife should know each & everything bout you life i.e. age, DOB, job, family details, marriage details, address etc. They do call on phone or in person interview only if there is any red flag.

So once her background check done they ll issue Pre Arrival and then DM. Keep in mind there isn't any fix time for that too( PA- DM) . Sometimes they issue very next day if there isn't any long holidays. In my case i got my Pre Arrival on 30th Nov 2018 and DM on Jan 5th 2019 cuz it was december & too many holidays for hew year or christmas. So its totally depend case to case. Once she receive Pre Arrival that means its really good sign tho. When they ll start her background check then on her gckey you ll see its gonna show up background check in PROCESS. If its already showing up then you need to just wait. If it shows in PROGRESS that means its not started yet.

In normal days once you receive PA then it take max 2 weeks for PPR but now a days it won't take long cuz CIC still working on all types of visa. They just put restrictions on travel but the embassies are working all over the world.

So stay positive & good luck.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
thank you. Will try all those. Honestly wasn’t paying much attention to it as both of us live together in states however it’s ridiculously long now!
Np Sir. If your canadian citizen doesn't matter native or however then you can stay outside canada with her during the whole process but if the sponsor is only PR then by law they can't leave Canada once they applied for their spouse. In that case it take more long & TBH CIC have right to refuse the application.

Dream Come-True

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi All..should I get a visitor visa for my spouse and then file for the spousal sponsorship...or after filing the sponsorship...in the interim if I try to get Visitor Visa for a short term vacation for my spouse to join me..is that allowed? How should I proceed?! Your inputs will be highly valuable to me.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
Hi All..should I get a visitor visa for my spouse and then file for the spousal sponsorship...or after filing the sponsorship...in the interim if I try to get Visitor Visa for a short term vacation for my spouse to join me..is that allowed? How should I proceed?! Your inputs will be highly valuable to me.
Hey good luck to you in advance for your application. First of all CIC isn't accepting visitor visa application now a days due to covid & the people who got visitor visa already they can't come to Canada until next announcement.

Let's talk bout your case don't apply visitor visa for your spouse first even if they start to accept visitor visa application. Always go for spousal application first then if you wanna try then apply visitor one cuz the chances of getting visitor are very very rare & totally depend on your luck but in case they refuse visitor visa then it won't effect your spousal application so stay stress free from that side.

Make sure if in future you wanna try visitor visa for him / her during spousal application then show strong tie up with home country regarding job, family, reason of travel etc. So apply spousal one now & once you get AOR then you can try for visitor visa if they start to accept application in coming months.

Reactions: Dream Come-True

Dream Come-True

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey good luck to you in advance for your application. First of all CIC isn't accepting visitor visa application now a days due to covid & the people who got visitor visa already they can't come to Canada until next announcement.

Let's talk bout your case don't apply visitor visa for your spouse first even if they start to accept visitor visa application. Always go for spousal application first then if you wanna try then apply visitor one cuz the chances of getting visitor are very very rare & totally depend on your luck but in case they refuse visitor visa then it won't effect your spousal application so stay stress free from that side.

Make sure if in future you wanna try visitor visa for him / her during spousal application then show strong tie up with home country regarding job, family, reason of travel etc. So apply spousal one now & once you get AOR then you can try for visitor visa if they start to accept application in coming months.
@GuRi

Thank you so much for the detailed response. Will follow accordingly.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
@GuRi

Thank you so much for the detailed response. Will follow accordingly.
Np Sir i forgot to mention one fact so in case your spouse get visitor visa in future even then he / she have to stay in quarantine for 14 days then need insurance cuz health regarding issue won't be cover and i think insurance price are higher now a days due to covid. If he / she landed as a PR then it'll start after 3 months and for spousal application it take 6 - 8 months maximum. Hopefully by that time situations ll be better regarding environment, jobs over here. Hope you got my point.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
This dream not easily comes true :) If so we all can do the same trick than living alone. Chances of getting VISA very rare, once person marries and wants spouse here as a visitor.

Reactions: Dream Come-True