+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Hi all
We submitted passport yesterday at chandiagrh vfs.. in ppr email it’s written vfs will forward passport to High Commission of Canada New Delhi but in the updates we are getting from vfs after submission says it has been forwarded to visa application centre chandigarh..anyone in same situation??
Why will email say New Delhi and vfs will forward to chandigarh? Is that a mistake?

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Hi all
We submitted passport yesterday at chandiagrh vfs.. in ppr email it’s written vfs will forward passport to High Commission of Canada New Delhi but in the updates we are getting from vfs after submission says it has been forwarded to visa application centre chandigarh..anyone in same situation??
Why will email say New Delhi and vfs will forward to chandigarh? Is that a mistake?
No. NDVO issues visa as thats embassy

Arun2011

Apr 24, 2019
Got DM today - April 24/2019
My time line
Nov 1st file received
Dec 15 got application number
Jan 14 medicals
Jan 20 file transferred to NDVO
Jan 25 started processing my application
Feb 4 medicals received
Apr 16 Pre Arrival services letter
Apr 24 DM

Can someone tell me how long to get PPR?

Reactions: shah87 and jaz13

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
My time line
Nov 1st file received
Jan 14 medicals
Feb 4 medicals received
Apr 24 DM

You should get it in the next 24 - 48 hours ideally.

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Our VFS Bangalore experience :

So, after CIC, VFS guys decided to make our waiting time long and dark. Please read below :

We submitted passport at VFS Bangalore office on 4th April after receiving PPR. We chose the option to deliver it to a near by address via professional courier and the submission process went all good. Again, back into the waiting-checking for any updates period.
We waited, continuously checking for new updates on VFS website till the following : -

Visa application, tracking ID No. ********************* – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019/04/12 2019/04/12 via courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

That's it. Nothing else, and we are in dark again.
Called VFS guys after waiting for couple more days to understand what does above update says and to know where is our passport. They said to wait more.

Days passed, all while making painful efforts to reach VFS customer care, VFS office, courier customer care. No one knows where our passport is.
All VFS guys says is :- "wait you will get update on next day, and the following day, or write your concern to our service team at bla bla-help@vfs". Courier guys claims they didn't receive our package and there is no information about us in their system. So where did the passport go? Still in air? Well, possible considering Jet Airways issue. But still.

And, finally today, 24th April, after continuous calls and escalations, VFS guys called us saying exact following words :

"Sir, we got confused with your name and delivered your passport to a different address"
WHAT??

Yes, a professional, experienced VAC office is saying that they got confused with our name, and they decided to forward it to a random address.

I am speechless. Luckily our travel date is couple more weeks away. What if we were to travel tomorrow? What if the random recipient guy decided to misuse our passport, that too stamped with a Canada landing visa?

Fortunately, this random guy turned out to be a good Samaritan. VFS team and we managed to get in touch with him.

Story is not yet over. VFS guys promised they will fetch our passport immediately, ie today itself and deliver to us at the earliest.
Well, that was just a promise like our politicians, and the samaritan guy confirmed no official person came to him to collect our passport till this time. We can't go and collect from him directly as well, as it need to be channeled through vfs only.

The long wait still continues!
"Bring Him Home" (Mars Movie)

Last edited:

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018
My time line
Nov 1st file received
Jan 14 medicals
Feb 4 medicals received
Apr 24 DM

Forever...

But seriously, it varies for everyone. Some people can get it in a week, some people in month(s).

Ajay1972

Nov 19, 2018

So, after CIC, VFS guys decided to make our waiting time long and dark. Please read below :

We submitted passport at VFS Bangalore office on 4th April after receiving PPR. We chose the option to deliver it to a near by address via professional courier and the submission process went all good. Again, back into the waiting-checking for any updates period.
We waited, continuously checking for new updates on VFS website till the following : -

Visa application, tracking ID No. ********************* – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019/04/12 2019/04/12 via courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

Called VFS guys after waiting for couple more days to understand what does above update says and to know where is our passport. They said to wait more.

Days passed, all while making painful efforts to reach VFS customer care, VFS office, courier customer care. No one knows where our passport is.
All VFS guys says is :- "wait you will get update on next day, and the following day, or write your concern to our service team at bla bla-help@vfs". Courier guys claims they didn't receive our package and there is no information about us in their system. So where did the passport go? Still in air? Well, possible considering Jet Airways issue. But still.

And, finally today, 24th April, after continuous calls and escalations, VFS guys called us saying exact following words :

"Sir, we got confused with your name and delivered your passport a different address"
WHAT??

Yes, a professional, experienced VAC office is saying that they got confused with our name, and they decided to forward it to a random address.

I am speechless. Luckily our travel date is couple more weeks away. What if we were to travel tomorrow? What if the random recipient guy decided to misuse our passport, that too stamped with a Canada landing visa?

Fortunately, this random guy turned out to be a good Samaritan. VFS team and we managed to get in touch with him.

Story is not yet over. VFS guys promised they will fetch our passport immediately, ie today itself and deliver to us at the earliest.
Well, that was just a promise like our politicians, and the samaritan guy confirmed no official person came to him to collect our passport till this time. We can't go and collect from him directly as well, as it need to be channeled through vfs only.

I guess the moral of the story is to avoid the courier services of India and go pick it up yourself?

karan_bhach

May 17, 2017
Jul 2018 applicant, no progress yet. Background check not begun as well. I'm prepared for an interview (as far as I see and understand the trend).

tdsw26

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Toronto, ON
OK FELLOWS SHE GOT INTERVIEW ;)
finally as I wrote our day will come
I am sorry if you've already answered this, but this site is huge and it's hard for me to find things. I feel our case is a little complicated with red flags and such and am worried if a negative result can happen without even the opportunity to provide more proofs or have an interview. I was wondering: were you asked to provide additional documents before the interview was requested? Does NDVO ever skip this step and just go to denying without ability to respond?

Tintedblues

Jan 26, 2019

"Sir, we got confused with your name and delivered your passport to a different address"
WHAT??

Oh this reminded what happened with me. I went to Chennai VFS office and all the submission everything went smooth. Oh even the tracking and stuff was smooth. I got the update that the stamped visa is shipped to my address.

I was waiting on the day it showed “shipment is out for delivery”. But nobody showed up and it was already night 9 pm.

Then started my calling vfs and the courier company. Vfs is telling they are talking to the courier. Courier guy is telling my address is missing one word so they can’t deliver it to me. Apparently vfs goofed up my address and they had the audacity to ask if I gave the wrong address?!!

I was like it was just one word?! My name is correct, my remaining address is correct what else do they want? They outright said no and kept the passport envelope with them.

Vfs didn’t do much help as well. Finally after much calling and scolding, they spoke to the courier guy and got it delivered the next day.

That’s when I thought I should have opted for a service where I can go and collect it from the centre rather than waiting at home. The tension surrounding the landing paper and passport is so wrenching. I couldn’t sleep that night.