File Transfer...
30-01-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
1-11-2018
Interview........
28-02-2019 Telephonic interview
Is there any August applicant who’s background check in process??

My BCG not started yet. File trasfered in Nov
Mine is in process I received pa on 5th March waiting for DM n ppr

Reactions: mani gill

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hi all,
So I can see "Decision made" on ecas for my spouse's application (she's currently in Punjab, India) already and it has only been four n half months since they received the application. Her file was transferred to Mississauga office right after I applied.Medical was requested in Dec 2018, sponsorship was also approved in Dec 2018. It makes sense for Decision made to appear under Sponsor's tab since sponsorship has been approved and I received email confirming that but why do I see Decision made under applicant's tab already?
I'm confused that I don't see any line in ecas that says that the fie was ever transferred to the Visa office in New Delhi or any other update and I see Decision made . Wondering if its a mistake or could it be a bad news ?

Can somebody clarify please??

Complete ECAS detail under Sponsor's tab is : Decision made
  1. We received your application to sponsor xxx on November 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 28, 2018 about the decision on your application

Complete ECAS detail under applicant tab is : Decision made
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on November 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on March 16, 2019.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on December 31, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
Anyone?

evolver10

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
They will send you a notification letter via post saying file has been transferred to NDVO. It wont appear in ECAs.
Thanks for the response . I guess my ambiguity is regarding the "Decision made" status at this point considering that the application hasn't gone though rest of the steps in the process like file transferred to VO, background check etc . However,I do realize that at every step of the process I will be notified via email ( not sure there would be any mail sent via post ) .
Thanks.

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the response . I guess my ambiguity is regarding the "Decision made" status at this point considering that the application hasn't gone though rest of the steps in the process like file transferred to VO, background check etc . However,I do realize that at every step of the process I will be notified via email ( not sure there would be any mail sent via post ) .
Thanks.
Its not necessary that every applications will go to NDVO. If VO in Mississauga/Sydney is convinced enough with your file, he will straight away approve your application. By background check if you meant AOR2, it will show only on GCKeys. You will need to link your application with gckeys to see such updates. Since its Decision Made update on your ecas, you should receive passport submit request soon.

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
They will send you a notification letter via post saying file has been transferred to NDVO. It wont appear in ECAs.
Is it always the case that if file transferred to ndvo , they will send a letter via mail? Or they can just send it via email?
In our case only sponsor got an email saying file transferred to ndvo.., I wonder if we missed the physical mail ..

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Is it always the case that if file transferred to ndvo , they will send a letter via mail? Or they can just send it via email?
In our case only sponsor got an email saying file transferred to ndvo.., I wonder if we missed the physical mail ..
I think majority of us here received file transfer notification via postal only even though we all submitted our email address for communication. Just the file transfer notification. If you received an email, then chances for a physical letter as well is very less, but if they send, it will be to the submitted address of sponsor in your application

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
I think majority of us here received file transfer notification via postal only even though we all submitted our email address for communication. Just the file transfer notification. If you received an email, then chances for a physical letter as well is very less, but if they send, it will be to the submitted address of sponsor in your application
Oh so if at all sponsor will get the physical mail about the transfer and not the pa .. is it ?
In that case sponsor just got an email and not any postal notification
I was thinking pa will get physical mail and we have different permanent address and mailing address for pa which is why i thought maybe we missed it

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Oh so if at all sponsor will get the physical mail about the transfer and not the pa .. is it ?
In that case sponsor just got an email and not any postal notification
I was thinking pa will get physical mail and we have different permanent address and mailing address for pa which is why i thought maybe we missed it
Pre-Arrivals: so far, i guess all including me received an email saying a new update in gckey, and the actual PA content inside gckey as a pdf file.

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
Got PPR

Application Date: 18 Jun
Med: 31 Aug Submit
PA: 26 Feb
DM: 11 March
PPR: 18 March
Congrats.

We also got our PPR today

Application Date: May 9, 2018
Interview: March 7th, 2019
PA: March 8th, 2019
DM: Sometime last week but not sure of exact date- this showed on ECAS but not GCKEY which is still showing everything is in progress.
Congrats..

Reactions: gunner754
Mar 12, 2019
Hi all,
So I can see "Decision made" on ecas for my spouse's application (she's currently in Punjab, India) already and it has only been four n half months since they received the application. Her file was transferred to Mississauga office right after I applied.Medical was requested in Dec 2018, sponsorship was also approved in Dec 2018. It makes sense for Decision made to appear under Sponsor's tab since sponsorship has been approved and I received email confirming that but why do I see Decision made under applicant's tab already?
I'm confused that I don't see any line in ecas that says that the fie was ever transferred to the Visa office in New Delhi or any other update and I see Decision made . Wondering if its a mistake or could it be a bad news ?

Can somebody clarify please??

Complete ECAS detail under Sponsor's tab is : Decision made
  1. We received your application to sponsor xxx on November 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 28, 2018 about the decision on your application

Complete ECAS detail under applicant tab is : Decision made
  1. We received xxx's application for permanent residence on November 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing xxx's application on March 16, 2019.
  3. We sent xxx medical instructions on December 31, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
Yes it is possible to get DM for Applicant in such a short time. Congratulations.