+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

amitgoyal_ec

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate (Never received any communication)
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
APP RECEIVED: 17 Sept, 2018
AOR: 29 Nov, 2018
DM on ECAS by SA Side: 3 Dec, 2018
FT (Mississauga): 14 Dec, 2018
SA: 17 Dec, 2018
MR: 18 Dec, 2018
MD: 20 Dec, 2018
MP: 16 Jan, 2019
BGC: 25 Feb, 2019
DM on ECAS by PA side: 26 Feb 2019
PPR: Waiting

Not sure when they will give PPR
Congratulations on DM.

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hello guys. I have never posted on this forum but have been following all of you since I applied for my wife (since May 2018 to be precised). So just wanted to share my timeline with everyone here.

Application received : 24 May 2018
AOR1 (Mississauga) : 27 June
Medical Request : 6th July
Sponsor Approval : 8th July
AOR2 (New Delhi) : 3rd August
Pre Arrival : 18 December
Decision Made : 2nd March, 2019
Passport Request : 7th March

Thanks to all the members who have shared all the knowledge and timelines throughout. Special thanks to @singleman for all the valuable input you give to all members.
Wish everyone in the process all the very best and last but not the least, keep patience.

Just one tip :
Do not do frequent inquiries with NDVO or request GCMS notes every now and then. It just slows your application process as well as others as they have to go out of the way of usual process and satisfy your special requests. Request only if your application has passed the 1 year timeline. And do not worry, everyone's application is handled, processed and not ignored even if you dont get any updates regularly. They will contact you whenever needed. I know its a very painful process but NDVO is overloaded too, so do consider that fact too.This was shared to me by a person working at NDVO so thought of sharing.
Congratulations, totally agree with you and I would also like to take this moment to thank everyone and @singleman for sharing very helpful information.

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hey guys,

Could someone please shed light on the following matter from your experiences and expertise? Would be really appreciated

So, I’ll be submitting my passport soon for visa. Once I’ll receive the visa from that time, how long do I have to enter in Canada? Any idea
Thank you

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

Could someone please shed light on the following matter from your experiences and expertise? Would be really appreciated

So, I’ll be submitting my passport soon for visa. Once I’ll receive the visa from that time, how long do I have to enter in Canada? Any idea
Thank you
You may enter Canada before the visa expires . The landing airport you have to got to the immigration section for a process where they will ask couple of questions and seal the date of entry in your COPR. You will give the address to the officer into that the PR card will be delivered .

yojoyoyo

May 31, 2016
Hi Guys, for the spouse of permanent residents (doing outland sponsorship) , is there a way to obtain work permit or visitor visa while the sponsorship is in progress?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey guys,

Thank you
Stay HAPPY & Thanks again

Reactions: Singhdeep

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
You may enter Canada before the visa expires . The landing airport you have to got to the immigration section for a process where they will ask couple of questions and seal the date of entry in your COPR. You will give the address to the officer into that the PR card will be delivered .
Hi, thank you for you prompt response.
I’ve one more question if you don’t mind,

What is the general expiry date for PR visa?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
What is the general expiry date for PR visa?
CoPR is valid even after the one year validity of the medicals as long as the immigrant lands before the one year expiration of the medicals
Most PR cards are valid for five years. but some are only valid for one year. The expiry date is printed on the card. When your PR card expires, you can't use it as a travel document. If your PR card will expire within six months, you should apply to renew your card.

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
CoPR is valid even after the one year validity of the medicals as long as the immigrant lands before the one year expiration of the medicals
Most PR cards are valid for five years. but some are only valid for one year. The expiry date is printed on the card. When your PR card expires, you can't use it as a travel document. If your PR card will expire within six months, you should apply to renew your card.
Hey, thanks buddy. Again another very helpful piece of information
I hope you will get good news soon

Reactions: singleman

jasdeepkaur

Jun 1, 2016
My file was transfered in january to NDVO. Anybody have idea how much time New Delhi will take to send passport request? Please tell me ..