+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am May 29th Applicant. File transfer on 9th Aug NVDO. Got PA on 19th December. However, No DM or PPR yet.

Anyone on sametimeline ? How long its usually takes after getting PA to DM or PPR?

Thank you

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks guys

I got pre-arrival on Nov 29, DM on Dec 18 and PPR on Dec 24
I was expecting DM and PPR in Jan so it was nice to get them in Dec
Could you please tell how many days from "We are processing your background check. ,,,,,," WE are stuck at tat point Thanks

abyk23

Nov 12, 2018
Could you please tell how many days from "We are processing your background check. ,,,,,," WE are stuck at tat point Thanks
Lol it was day time in Delhi, so their day staff was working a regular Monday shift

My GC Key status still says "We are processing your background check" - its been like that since Sept 18

I've realised they don't update our status all the time. Your file is not stuck, they are still working on it, its just that whoever is responsible for status updates probably forgot to do that. I got pre-arrival first and then 2 weeks later I realised they have started closing my file, because someone finally updated that they have received medical results

I sent medicals in May and it was updated AFTER I received pre-arrival - so hang in there, its coming :)

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Lol it was day time in Delhi, so their day staff was working a regular Monday shift

My GC Key status still says "We are processing your background check" - its been like that since Sept 18

I've realised they don't update our status all the time. Your file is not stuck, they are still working on it, its just that whoever is responsible for status updates probably forgot to do that. I got pre-arrival first and then 2 weeks later I realised they have started closing my file, because someone finally updated that they have received medical results

I sent medicals in May and it was updated AFTER I received pre-arrival - so hang in there, its coming :)
Thanks 4 giving encouragements. Enjoy your new LIFE with partner, WISH you HAPPY NEW YEAR too.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello fellows: I researched re; BGC why we get stuck at this point.
Below is the sequence:-

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3(not always) – PPR – CoPR
Generally messages will be like below in IP2 status:

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.
PPR mails these days are taking 7 days to 3 months (depends how fast is BGC done, major delay in this is SECURITY at the end) after you are in IP2 stage.

The Criminality & Security Checks;--
I found Criminality check comes 1st and is done for both parties. Final check is SECURITY BEFORE PPR.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Usually this stage should be over by 3 to 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

Last edited: