+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I received passport request for my wife's PR application today. I have a question. My wife is already in Canada on a visitor visa. Obviously she can't send the passport to New Delhi Visa office because she is in Canada. We will have to send it to Ottawa. Right? Is there a procedure to notify NDVO that we will be sending the passport to ottawa and not to New Delhi office? I am worried because the email states that " Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission".
How will NDVO know that information ? Please advise!

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I received passport request for my wife's PR application today. I have a question. My wife is already in Canada on a visitor visa. Obviously she can't send the passport to New Delhi Visa office because she is in Canada. We will have to send it to Ottawa. Right? Is there a procedure to notify NDVO that we will be sending the passport to ottawa and not to New Delhi office? I am worried because the email states that " Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission".
How will NDVO know that information ? Please advise!
Hi
You will have to request change of visa office for passport submission. It’s common. Many people do that. But don’t send to Ottawa without them changing it for u.other option of course is that she can fly back to India.
Take care

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
You will have to request change of visa office for passport submission. It’s common. Many people do that. But don’t send to Ottawa without them changing it for u.other option of course is that she can fly back to India.
Take care
Thanks. But where and how can I request that?

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi, I’m kinda in similar situations. Could please guide us how to request to change the visa office? Do we use Webfourm to request or is there another way? Can we change the visa office before the PPR or after?

A big thank you

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks. But where and how can I request that?

Hey, I’m in kinda similar situation and I did asked the same question few weeks ago and I got some mixed answers and one answer was very firm that I would have to fly to India after the PPR to submit the passport. It is really good to hear that I can request to change the visa office.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I’m kinda in similar situations. Could please guide us how to request to change the visa office? Do we use Webfourm to request or is there another way? Can we change the visa office before the PPR or after?

A big thank you
Hey guys.
You have to email back to the ppr email only. It’s not a donot reply email. Usually within few hours you get response back. It is this address
IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

But plz check for yourself. Reply back to ppr email.
After that you ppr email has details of cpc Ottawa address and all.
I hope it helps.
Good luck.

Dipesh.Patel

Apr 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I sponsored my spouse and dependent child in 07-May. She received passport request today, however it mentioned only her UCI number and not our child, though Medical request received in Jun was for both. Do they send PPR only for the Primary applicant and dependent are included by default or dependent receive separate passport request.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Reactions: diya_tj
Jun 5, 2015
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paidXpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

We received ppr for my husband who is already in canada on visitor visa. I sent his passport today to this after consulting with one of the immigration consultants here in Calgary. My husband came to Canada in May, so I actually updatedhis mailing address through webform at the same time.