+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

newfemme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Hi guys, does anyone have any idea about how long NDVO is taking to return passports as of late?

We submitted on Oct 30th at VFS Pune. Tracking number said it reached NDVO on Oct 31st. The guy at the VFS said that it would take 10 working days. Today is the 10th working day and we don't have any updates.

Sorry to bog this forum with this silly question (silly because in the grand scheme of things, my problem is a small one...I know some of you are still waiting on PPRs from Jan and Feb. Wish you the very best). I am asking because I have a very limited time to book a plane ticket.
The thing is within a span of few weeks they have sent out "n" number of PPR requests to applicants from Jan-Apr. And everyone would have submitted their passports. So it's going to take atleast 2 weeks. I'm from Bangalore I was told
15-20 days

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Hi all,
My daughter's time line as follows
Application received on Aug 09,2018 by CIC Sydney NS.
Still there is no correspondence from CIC.
My case is simple.
How can i contact to CIC Sydney NS.
I try on+1 613 944 4000 but couldn't contact.
Right now we both in India.
Please be suggestion.

Ashish494

May 15, 2018
Does anyone know how many time NDVO take for returning passport after visa stamp? I sumbitted passport on 5 Nov.

Beefstick

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
The thing is within a span of few weeks they have sent out "n" number of PPR requests to applicants from Jan-Apr. And everyone would have submitted their passports. So it's going to take atleast 2 weeks. I'm from Bangalore I was told
15-20 days
Thank you for your reply. It's good to know that your VFS office said 15-20 days (including weekends?).

You are absolutely right in that the number of PPRs as of late has been surprisingly high. I have been watching this forum for over a year and this is quite an unusual volume for NDVO.

abyk23

Nov 12, 2018
I have edited my signature and also posting it below for your reference.

April 13th - Application Received
May 19th - AOR1
May 25th - SA
May 25th - ECAS In Process
June 18th - Background Check
June 27th - AOR2
Nov 13th - Pre arrival services email in GCKey / DM in ECAS
My timeline is similar to yours (my application was received a day earlier) but it got transferred to NDVO first week of Sept so I'm not expecting DM any time soon

However what's worrying me is that even though the Mississauga office acknowledged receiving medical results they did not update my file and it still says medical pending

Anyone else here in a similar situation?

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
My timeline is similar to yours (my application was received a day earlier) but it got transferred to NDVO first week of Sept so I'm not expecting DM any time soon

However what's worrying me is that even though the Mississauga office acknowledged receiving medical results they did not update my file and it still says medical pending

Anyone else here in a similar situation?
Gckey updates are not trustworthy. sometimes it doesn't update anything and directly sends PPR. So don't go by gckey. Check on ecas.

Reactions: lucky1990

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
Gckey updates are not trustworthy. sometimes it doesn't update anything and directly sends PPR. So don't go by gckey. Check on ecas.
My Ecas says Decision Made however there are no updates under gckey.

suketu210

Nov 14, 2018
Good day all

Application revived - March 13, 2018
Medical requested - April ,27, 2018
Medical received - May , 20, 2018
File Transfer NDVO - July , 22, 2018
Pre Arival - October 31, 2018
Decision Made- November 01, 2018

No PPR yet ....
Is it usual thing ?? or they take 0-30 days for PPR after pre arival and DM ...

I seen many of people on this forum who got decisions made on oct 31 and nov 01 and they got their PPR with in a week ...
I am waiting from 2 weeks .

Avijosan27

Oct 5, 2018
Guys Please see my timeline and advise,
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 25, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 5, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on June 7, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
They've requested to submit a photocopy of new passport by August 11. we did submit it by August 10th.

My GCKey staus is as follow:

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Guys, following update came on my ECAs :

We started processing xxxxx's application on November 13, 2018.

This is after they forwarded our file to NDVO on Oct 23. What does this mean?

Thanks.

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
Guys, following update came on my ECAs :

We started processing xxxxx's application on November 13, 2018.

This is after they forwarded our file to NDVO on Oct 23. What does this mean?

Thanks.
this acknowledges that NDVO has received your file and started to have a look at your file. Can you post your time line pls?

Reactions: dinodn