+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
go to 2017 google sheet you will se alot of Sept, Oct and Nov got DM
Not from NDVO though. As far as I can tell from the message board and various What's App groups roughly 3 from September have PPR and one from November received DM on either Thursday or Friday of last week. None from October have reported getting any updates and August hasn't been completed yet. Unfortunately NDVO has been fairly silent the last two weeks. Hopefully they will pick up again next week.

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
Hi,
New delhi office emailed me on Jan, they said they should be ready to communicate with me on may or jun but still i havent recive any updates from them

Is there someone else in the same situations ???

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Package
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
12-03-2015 (SLU : 09-02-2015)
Med's Done....
26-03-2015 (TLU : 09-04-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015 (DM : 08-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Its Fu**ing joke on us by NDVO.
Its more than 3 months already since they started working on my file, and there is not a single update from them.
and my BCG IP since last 104 days too.
So awful and frustrating, Cant even stop thinking about it and cant concentrate on any sh**t. :mad:
Similar timelines for my wife. Not even an acknowledgement from NDVO after case transfer notification from Mississauga visa office.

I'm worried that BG check status has not changed in GCKey account. It says we are reviewing the documents provided.
It's depressing but we have to overcome this painful process :(

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
Unfortunately I don't have the greatest of news. At the moment NDVO is working on July/August 2017 applications. I'm hoping they can clear most of those by the end of June. From what I've seen it has been averaging 10-11 months. One observation though which may or may not be a good sign is this is the first time I've seen them giving decisions on two months at a time. Normally it has been a month at a time. However as an October applicant I realistically expect to hear something in August or there might be a chance in mid to late July, but that assumes they don't take another lengthy break like they did in April. I know it is a very tough journey and patience, though not easy, is the key to make it through. Best of luck on your application.
I have applied on july 2017. New delhi office emailed me on Jan after all my files completed, they said they should be ready to communicate with me on may or jun but still i havent reseve any update nor email. Any idea ???

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Package
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
12-03-2015 (SLU : 09-02-2015)
Med's Done....
26-03-2015 (TLU : 09-04-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015 (DM : 08-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Hi...i have one question i was trying to link my application with GCKEY account and i faild they said that the information I entered was worng but I checked all my information was correct..does anyone help me to link my profile
I too faced similar issue while linking GCKey account. Please ensure to give Number of Applicants as Two instead of One.
Hope it helps.

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
I Don't agree with lack of resources. It is about prioritization of Visa issuance. Student Visa's are issued in a blink. No offense to anyone, but students come over and create nuisances (as you'd see on the news) and yet there's no strict regulations around that. And when it comes to Spouses, Security doesn't freaking start in a lifetime even. For students its all about the money, and our spouses are rejected for tourist visas even.

In NDVO, they pay a dime for a dollar in labour, and yet don't have resources. I don't think so. Just feels like fulfilling of quotas at NDVO. You'd have to process "X" number of student visas in a specific time frame. "So screw spousal apps (they are going to get PR anyways)"

Its just ridiculous!!

I think the issue here at NDVO is lack of resources. They have starved the NDVO from resources when at the same time the Canadian visa offices are processing at lighting speed (now-a-days even in 1.5 months..start to end...crazy ehh!!)..I really hope & pray to God that they start diverting the resources to the visa offices abroad like NDVO which are in dire need of them otherwise it won't take much time to have a huge backlog as NDVO is one of the busiest Canadian visa office in world.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I have applied on july 2017. New delhi office emailed me on Jan after all my files completed, they said they should be ready to communicate with me on may or jun but still i havent reseve any update nor email. Any idea ???
Has the sponsor done an enquiry with their Member of Parliament? From what I've read information relating to the status of the application is received much faster than requesting GCMS notes.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I Don't agree with lack of resources. It is about prioritization of Visa issuance. Student Visa's are issued in a blink. No offense to anyone, but students come over and create nuisances (as you'd see on the news) and yet there's no strict regulations around that. And when it comes to Spouses, Security doesn't freaking start in a lifetime even. For students its all about the money, and our spouses are rejected for tourist visas even.

In NDVO, they pay a dime for a dollar in labour, and yet don't have resources. I don't think so. Just feels like fulfilling of quotas at NDVO. You'd have to process "X" number of student visas in a specific time frame. "So screw spousal apps (they are going to get PR anyways)"

Its just ridiculous!!
Someone posted on one of the Whats App groups saying they heard (not sure if it was from an MP enquiry) that the agents have been pulled from doing spousal visas to work on student visas. I have no idea if that is true but based on what happened in April with little to no updates and the fact that there hasn't been much in the way of any updates the last two weeks I'm kind of believing that this might be true. I agree it's ridiculous. Why can't they hire additional staff to help with student visas and then when the student visas are mostly done get the extra staff to assist with other visas to get them done faster?

I know how tough it was in April but I knew as an October applicant I was still a few months away but now when I feel we are so close it's even more frustrating. Plus to make matters worse our first anniversary will be Sunday. I'm still hoping we will hear something in August and he can be with me in September but who knows how long this break will last.

RZ004

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020

Its just ridiculous!!
Someone posted on one of the Whats App groups saying they heard (not sure if it was from an MP enquiry) that the agents have been pulled from doing spousal visas to work on student visas. I have no idea if that is true but based on what happened in April with little to no updates and the fact that there hasn't been much in the way of any updates the last two weeks I'm kind of believing that this might be true. I agree it's ridiculous. Why can't they hire additional staff to help with student visas and then when the student visas are mostly done get the extra staff to assist with other visas to get them done faster?

I know how tough it was in April but I knew as an October applicant I was still a few months away but now when I feel we are so close it's even more frustrating. Plus to make matters worse our first anniversary will be Sunday. I'm still hoping we will hear something in August and he can be with me in September but who knows how long this break will last.
Agree with both of you guys.
It is always about the money for them. They dont care how many times you complain about the process. They will work more and more harder on student visas as they bring more and more money. GIC and also 1.5 to almost double in fees compared to normal Canadian Students. I have been tweeting over and over to Justin Trudeau, Nadir Patel and Ahemed Hussen. But non of them or from their department asked me that how can they help. Didn't even replay in a message saying we will contact you soon or anything like that. Simply they dont care about what you going through at this time. So fu**ing ridiculous of you CANADA.

Last edited:
Reactions: as10