+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Teddy01

Star Member
May 29, 2018
when is a good time to order GCMS notes, I mean after how many months when application received?
Even if we order gcms nothing much would help, since spousal sponsorship processing time is 12 months.. If it's crossed 12 months then it's worth to order gcms, otherwise if before 12 months they will only mention it's under process!!
Thanks

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Find out what your municipal riding is and who is the MP in that riding. You can find that on the House of Commons or similar website. Just do a google search for the MP/municipality. Then call their office and talk to the case manager or MP (if possible). They'll book you a time to meet them with the immigration docs and passport copy of PA. And thats it!! Then wait.

I wouldn't suggest doing it anytime soon though!! Just a waste of time and especially if you dont know the MP or the case manager at a personal level you'd have to follow up periodically. They help when your file is at an unusual stage, like DM and no PPR, or file still in process compared to files with similar timeline who already got PR, etc.

Otherwise go for GCMS instead. Gives you a more detailed info (you'd have to know how to interpret that though)

Cheers
Spicy!!
what is the procedure for MP inquiry ?

Reactions: Harshkp

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
If you order GCMS right now, you'll find information relating to sponsor approval. This can help you understand if they see your file as simple and how satisfied the officer was. So now isn't a bad time.

Again once your file is transferred its going to eat dust for at least 3-4 months (for NDVO). So don't think it'll help much during that time. Again after 4 months of FT assuming NDVO pulled your file out of that dusty pigeonhole, it would be good to order after a month or so.

Long story short - After SA applying for GCMS helps with the visa officers notes on your file. Then i'd say after 4 months of FT is worth. GCMS costs $5 and doesn't really affect your file, just increases the lines for "INCOMING COMMUNICATION" on the final report. So order it when you feel right, doesn't really hurt much. Now the ATIP Consent form is just required to be submitted once in a year.

Cheers
Spicy

when is a good time to order GCMS notes, I mean after how many months when application received?

Reactions: Mithra31

Berv7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hello, am new to this forum. My husband had applied for my PR in dec2017 and yesterday he got the mail informing my pprs has been forwarded to New delhi visa office. Cansomeone let me know whats the averagetime frame after this for getting the visa stamped?
Hello dear
Have you got anything from NDVO as i am also December 2017 applicant. My file is also forwarded to new Delhi. I was reading this thread so i thought u must got something by now.
Thanks in advance

allexson

Feb 12, 2018
Hi I will be applying in march . Can you please create whats app group for NDVO application only for india. So it will be more helpful for us .

Thank you.
Hi how is your process going. I also applied on March 12. It reaches Delhi. No news after that.