+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2018 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Peppy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
How do you calculate the total number of days ? Form the application received date or from the date the file is transferred to NDVO?
150 Days today. Exactly 5 months since submitted and nothing. Considering August applicants currently getting DM i don't expect anything before December.
What a f**king joke NDVO has made of our lives.

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys, I would really appreciate if you help me here..
I have no idea about how spousal sponsorship works and time it takes at different stages..
On behalf of my brother i want to know how much time does it take to get the VISA after medical are submitted..
He filed his application in May and last week got the application number.. also the status shows that "sponsorship application status - Decision Made"
"Permanent Residence application status - In process"

How much time will it take to get VISA..

Thanks

golden_leaf

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Agree, They are just bunch of idiots seating there and doing nothing. Many says India has a lot of populations but also on the other hand they have lots of man power too. But still they cant get any shit done on time. Check out any Govt work, you will always find lazy process, long waits and unexpected bullshit from them. Govt officials get paid more than a normal person but still dont work hard as much as a normal people. Shame on them.

I wonder how much time they will take for May 2018 applicants. This long wait is a total killer.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Guys, I would really appreciate if you help me here..
I have no idea about how spousal sponsorship works and time it takes at different stages..
On behalf of my brother i want to know how much time does it take to get the VISA after medical are submitted..
He filed his application in May and last week got the application number.. also the status shows that "sponsorship application status - Decision Made"
"Permanent Residence application status - In process"

How much time will it take to get VISA..

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't have the greatest of news. At the moment NDVO is working on July/August 2017 applications. I'm hoping they can clear most of those by the end of June. From what I've seen it has been averaging 10-11 months. One observation though which may or may not be a good sign is this is the first time I've seen them giving decisions on two months at a time. Normally it has been a month at a time. However as an October applicant I realistically expect to hear something in August or there might be a chance in mid to late July, but that assumes they don't take another lengthy break like they did in April. I know it is a very tough journey and patience, though not easy, is the key to make it through. Best of luck on your application.

Reactions: sandhu2012

RZ004

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
I wonder how much time they will take for May 2018 applicants. This long wait is a total killer.
My best guess is about 8-10 months to upto 11-12 months. NDVO is so slow, you cant expect anything else from them before that time.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hey Guys,
I am the fresh fish in the pool, planning to submit application by this weekend. And then begins the painful journey god know till when.
Guys, all of must have seen many cases through this forum. Most of you might have got visitor visa approved. With all your experiences guys can you please give a guideline preparation for Visitor visa once AOR1 is generated.
Guys these will help many folks like me to upfront prepare visiotr visa application.
Really looking forward for your response guys.
Thanks

Teddy01

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hey Guys,
I am the fresh fish in the pool, planning to submit application by this weekend. And then begins the painful journey god know till when.
Guys, all of must have seen many cases through this forum. Most of you might have got visitor visa approved. With all your experiences guys can you please give a guideline preparation for Visitor visa once AOR1 is generated.
Guys these will help many folks like me to upfront prepare visiotr visa application.
Thanks
Btw star member cannot be a fresh fish :) Coming back to visitor visa, not much knowledge about it.. To my view n something what I have heard about visitor visa process
Basically the processing time for visitor visa as per ircc is 13-19 days, but it might also take a month for the final decision.. Not more than a month for sure.. Once you receive the Aor, usual process they might ask for medical ( May be or may not be) based on the country where you live.. Fingerprints might be a mandate one which you should be receiving after your Aor, after the bgc is done they would send the confirmation mail on the final decision and asking for your passport.. This is the procedure, I might be wrong too!!
Thanks

Reactions: avanipatil

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Unfortunately I don't have the greatest of news. At the moment NDVO is working on July/August 2017 applications. I'm hoping they can clear most of those by the end of June. From what I've seen it has been averaging 10-11 months. One observation though which may or may not be a good sign is this is the first time I've seen them giving decisions on two months at a time. Normally it has been a month at a time. However as an October applicant I realistically expect to hear something in August or there might be a chance in mid to late July, but that assumes they don't take another lengthy break like they did in April. I know it is a very tough journey and patience, though not easy, is the key to make it through. Best of luck on your application.
Thanks man!!

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Btw star member cannot be a fresh fish :) Coming back to visitor visa, not much knowledge about it.. To my view n something what I have heard about visitor visa process
Basically the processing time for visitor visa as per ircc is 13-19 days, but it might also take a month for the final decision.. Not more than a month for sure.. Once you receive the Aor, usual process they might ask for medical ( May be or may not be) based on the country where you live.. Fingerprints might be a mandate one which you should be receiving after your Aor, after the bgc is done they would send the confirmation mail on the final decision and asking for your passport.. This is the procedure, I might be wrong too!!
Thanks[/QUOTE
Basically the processing time for visitor visa as per ircc is 13-19 days, but it might also take a month for the final decision.. Not more than a month for sure.. Once you receive the Aor, usual process they might ask for medical ( May be or may not be) based on the country where you live.. Fingerprints might be a mandate one which you should be receiving after your Aor, after the bgc is done they would send the confirmation mail on the final decision and asking for your passport.. This is the procedure, I might be wrong too!
Thanks a lot...

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hey Guys,
Thanks
Guys let me ask more specifics:
My spouse lives in India doing a full time job.
Before we apply for visitor visa we are planning to meet in Europe so she get a strong travel history as well. Plus we can show her employment back in India reason to go back.
Do you think if more we can do?

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
No harm in trying!! Since you have employment history in India chance of approval are high especially if the salary is higher.

Guys let me ask more specifics:
My spouse lives in India doing a full time job.
Before we apply for visitor visa we are planning to meet in Europe so she get a strong travel history as well. Plus we can show her employment back in India reason to go back.
Do you think if more we can do?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Quick question. Can anyone here let me know how does the New Delhi visa office return the original documents sent with the sponsorship application? And at what stage do they return the originals? Appreciate your replies.
Thanks.