Passport Req..
11-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully may 2016
Hi Guys,

Any inputs are appreciated!!

We are Nov 27th applicants. PA got a call from CIC NDVO last week asking few basic questions & details regarding marriage ceremonies. They asked for more pictures of pre-wedding & post-wedding ceremonies. We did it in a simple way. We only had one pre-wedding ceremony Mehndi. And Marriage ceremony was simple but we had about 150 guest invited. & one post-wedding ceremony. Could it be that we didn't had holy fire ceremony ? In our family, we never do that ceremony. We perform our marriage in the witness of all our relative. And later next day we got our marriage registered.

We are in relationship from last 5 years. Initially, when we sent our file, We attached our story of our 5 year journey along with Few picture (20 picture in total) Along with picture where I proposed her, our first date, First time we met, my flights tickets of last 3 years of my visit to India & chat logs and so on.

Now, in this additional documents request, We provided them mehndi pictures, dance performance pictures from her cousins, We had a reception combined in the same event, so provided pictures of that. Also explained our rituals with detailed descriptions.. We sent about 60 Pictures..

How long it takes for them to reply? Is it a red flag? I am flying to india in Oct for my first year anniversary.

Thank you guys in advance!

Hi

My husband also got call like this 2 weeks ago and week later he got pre arrival mail and yesterday he got PPR. So don't worry I think they are just calling some applicants. Hope you will get pre arrival soon.

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
I would suggest you request GCMS notes and see the officer's comments made in the Notes section. Eventhough you had a long relationship, NDVO does pay attention to the wedding cermony and local cultural norms. We had a longer relationship (11 yrs+) and in our notes they did mention about the wedding ceremony being aligned to culture. We had only 150-200 people in the wedding but done traditionally but about 400+ people in the reception.

Good Luck!
HI @gopr ,

Thank you for your inputs!
I have requested GCMS notes last week, but it will take another 30 days. For now, we have provided them all reasoning & explained how our family inherited such marriage ceremony. I have nothing to hide. We are praying & hoping that they believe us..

Reactions: Ivan Duhok

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi

My husband also got call like this 2 weeks ago and week later he got pre arrival mail and yesterday he got PPR. So don't worry I think they are just calling some applicants. Hope you will get pre arrival soon.
HI @yamuna ,

Thank you for your reply!
We are hoping for the best. Congratulations on your PPR..

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Hi I am facing the the same situation like you .I have submitted an application for my spouse on June 5 2017.its been more than 15 months I am waiting for the decision .they asked for remedical for my spouse on August 10 2018and still there is no update. Most of the visa office is taking 13 months if you add a child but in new delhi it can be 2 year .let's hope for the best.
Hi, thanks for the feed back. Please update here if you see any progress on your application to CIC.

p_jon

Sep 12, 2018
Hi,

For those whose application was received by the Canadian embassy on January 26, 2018 - what's the status?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
my file has been transfer to Mississauga CPC Office
If you applied to SYDNEY then file sent to Mississauga means you guys have been chosen under special case, say less complicated case. It's not a bad news, your file will be dealt with here in Canada rather than NDVO. It can get you a quicker Visa but if any doubt comes up it will be sent to NDVO :)

Reactions: greeeeen

HereforPR

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Other
Nov applicant here
Just wanted to ask that how many Nov applicants haven't got any updates
Hi @Ykaz ,

I am Nov applicant. We got a phone call from NDVO last week. They also requested few additional documents which we have uploaded. Now we are waiting for them to get back to us for the same. (Read my previous posts, for further reference).

What is your complete timeline?

Ykaz

Mar 4, 2018
Hi @Ykaz ,

I am Nov applicant. We got a phone call from NDVO last week. They also requested few additional documents which we have uploaded. Now we are waiting for them to get back to us for the same. (Read my previous posts, for further reference).

What is your complete timeline?
Nov 8th 2017 app received

AmanAulakh

Sep 10, 2018
If you applied to SYDNEY then file sent to Mississauga means you guys have been chosen under special case, say less complicated case. It's not a bad news, your file will be dealt with here in Canada rather than NDVO. It can get you a quicker Visa but if any doubt comes up it will be sent to NDVO :)
Thank you for positive reply
I am relaxed now.

Reactions: singleman

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Then it's OK they will still give this child a VISA with additional docs like Birth Certificate, Dr's and more
I already given birth certificate, passport copy, all the application forms. They also asked for medical for my child. Received the letter saying that my child added to the application and has met all the eligibility criteria for sponsership.

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Wow we are in the same boat. Application submitted on June 6, 2017 and still not completed. Is urs stuck in security as well? Ours has been stuck in security since May 2018 - does anybody know how long this will take?
Hi, How you knew that your application is stuck in security ?

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Hi I am facing the the same situation like you .I have submitted an application for my spouse on June 5 2017.its been more than 15 months I am waiting for the decision .they asked for remedical for my spouse on August 10 2018and still there is no update. Most of the visa office is taking 13 months if you add a child but in new delhi it can be 2 year .let's hope for the best.
Hi Shiju kalyadan, My application took almost one year to send over to LVO(New Delihi). But most of the others applications sent over with in 1 or 2 months. Why it took so long for my application any idea? When your application sent over to LVO.