AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
29-03-2018
Med's Done....
12-04-2018
NDVO is re-locating to a new/different location September 2018. I assume the latter and the student visas application for fall and winter semester and express entry are just delaying it all. They all supersede spousal/family visa.
How you know that?

kjshah

Aug 15, 2018
Same here
I'm Sponsor living in Canada who applied my wife's application on October 12, 2017, in Mississauga.

Application Received - October 12, 2017
Application Number - November 21, 2017
PCC and Schedule A req - Nov 28, 2017
Medical Req - Dec 01, 2017
Medical Complete - Dec 05, 2017
Sponsor approval - Dec 05, 2017
File Transferred to NDVO - Jan 9, 2018
File in process on ECAS - Jan 15, 2018
No email or Communications after that, when I can hear an update from NDVO???

Hey man, can you give me your contact information, we are right by each other so its helpful. I will contact you. Thanks

nn8895

Jun 14, 2018
How you know that?
Not sure what to you mean, are you saying that the Canadian embassy is moving to another location in New Delhi?
Not sure, but it’s the Visa Application Centres across India that are moving, not necessarily the Embassy itself, according to the VFS global website:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/
Regardless, I am sure all the student visas and the “new” Quebec express entry programs are bombarding them for now.

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Hi dear all,
I have applied my husband’s sponsorship for permanent residence on May 2017. But, it is stuck in security check since March 2018 and no updates till now. My husband has passed the 12 months as indicated in CIC. My husband is in Afghanistan and his application is in process in New Delhi Visa Office.
I don’t know what is going on ?
Do guys think that I email to NDVO and ask for the status of my husband’s application?
I am so stressed and frustrated
Please help....

patnaik7

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-11-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
27-07-2018
Passport Req..
03-08-2018
Hi dear all,
I have applied my husband’s sponsorship for permanent residence on May 2017. But, it is stuck in security check since March 2018 and no updates till now. My husband has passed the 12 months as indicated in CIC. My husband is in Afghanistan and his application is in process in New Delhi Visa Office.
Do guys think that I email to NDVO and ask for the status of my husband’s application?
Please help....
You should definitely e-mail and ask them what is going on. As of recent trends though, applicants from Afghanistan are taking longer than anticipated times.

patnaik7

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-11-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
27-07-2018
Passport Req..
03-08-2018
NDVO is re-locating to a new/different location September 2018. I assume the latter and the student visas application for fall and winter semester and express entry are just delaying it all. They all supersede spousal/family visa.
I doubt that. It's actually the visa application center that is relocating from 17th Sept on wards to: Lower Mezannine Floor, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Baba Kharag Singh Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi, 110001

jf95

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi dear all,
Please help....
Hi Tarana Jaan, I suggest you contact your MP as your file has surpassed the 12 month processing time. Here is the link to find your local MP if you haven't done so already. It is free, and it does not affect the application in a negative manner. https://www.ourcommons.ca/parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Not sure, but it’s the Visa Application Centres across India that are moving, not necessarily the Embassy itself, according to the VFS global website:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/
Regardless, I am sure all the student visas and the “new” Quebec express entry programs are bombarding them for now.
That would not have any impact on spousal visa processing as VFS Global is a third party company and is used to submit passports for sending to New Delhi to stamp. Also there are two other consulates in India - Chandigarh and Bengaluru (Bangalore) that also process visas. I think, from what I've read, they specialize in different types of visas, such as New Delhi does spousal and I assume other family visas. I don't know what the other two offices do though. New Delhi may help them out if there is a backlog, but that's just speculation on my part.

Since school starts on Sept 4th, I would hope student visas are done. I don't know about the Quebec express entry programs but likely that might be handled by the other consulates in India?

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello,
My wife is a Dec 2017 applicant for spousal sponsorship. We recently submitted an application for TRV hoping we would get it while the PR file is in process.

My question is - if the TRV is approved, can we buy a return flight for, let's say, two months and once she arrives in Canada, would it be Ok to cancel the return flight if she plans to stay longer than two months (but up to the validity of TRV)? OR is it best to change the return flight date to a later date?

Thanks in advance for your response!