+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

manbrar

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hey Hun...have you heard anything back from immigration yet? It's going to be 12 months on August 4th for my husband's application and still no word from immigration....just wondering if you contacted them via web form and if it worked? Because I might need to do the same next week...please let me know what's the best way to contact NDVO....We are really pissed with the immigration system.
no i didn’t.... i m also stressed out i don’t know what to do . our mp made enquire in june they said security checking after that we didn’t receive anything ? what is your email adress ? or ur phn number so we talk to each other by email or phn thnx

Dania2125

May 25, 2018
I pre arrival on June 30th and I got excited but they ask for more additional documents on June 14th, submitted it on June 17th, no word after from immigration...Did the MP inquiry they said they are doing my husband's security check :-/ It is going to be 12 months on August 4th, I am honestly not even sure if they are following the standard processing time to process our application...it's super annoying. I am having a very hard time rite now.
Can relate .. . Seriously dont knw wat to do

Ykaz

Mar 4, 2018
Hey guys newbie here Nov 2017 applicant can someone provide me the neweat spreadsheet really appreciated
Thanks

Aug 1, 2018
Hi
4th May 2018
File sent to NDVO. Mail received on 20th July
Current status is Background Check in Process.

My wife is coming to India on 22nd Aug. We are planning to stay together in India until application processed. Is it OK. If not OK then what are the risks involved in this?

ricky4u

Aug 2, 2018
hello guys any body can help me
my file received in sep 8 2017 in cic canada
in april 17 2018 i got an email that my file transfer to NDVO and after that in my GCKEY ACCOUNT it still stuck in background cheek and finial decisions has been made will inform you
i was sent an e-mail to ndvo few days ago and i got an email from there end

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application. We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants for permanent residence may check the basic status of their application on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) website: Client Application Status: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx

Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

- An interview is required

- The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information

- We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications

- A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If there has been a change of your marital status, family configuration, or address, you may update your application, but we request that you send a signed request by mail, fax, or scanned e-mail attachment (see our contact information below).

Please provide the following information in all correspondence with our office:

- the subject of your message

- applicant’s full name (SURNAME, Given names)

- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)

- country of citizenship

- file number or UCI

- telephone number, including area code,

- mailing address,

- email address

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp for further details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

Regards

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Websites/Sites www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nepal

so my main concern pls any body here who have face same thing ?pls let me know about that. my medical had done in gckey account they dont need an interview and my file is totally complete they did not send any mail regarding that they required any other documents so in four is only one condition that my background check any body know what is bg check i all ready submitted noc from police so i dont no whats going on any body know which thing involved in bg check

Last edited:

NNDL

Aug 2, 2018
Mine too the same situation but i applied in aug 2017 and still waiting.
But its going to be done soon.
We can just wait and hope for the best.
hello guys any body can help me
my file received in sep 8 2017 in cic canada
in april 17 2018 i got an email that my file transfer to NDVO and after that in my GCKEY ACCOUNT it still stuck in background cheek and finial decisions has been made will inform you
i was sent an e-mail to ndvo few days ago and i got an email from there end

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application. We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants for permanent residence may check the basic status of their application on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) website: Client Application Status: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx

Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

- An interview is required

- The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information

- We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications

- A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If there has been a change of your marital status, family configuration, or address, you may update your application, but we request that you send a signed request by mail, fax, or scanned e-mail attachment (see our contact information below).

Please provide the following information in all correspondence with our office:

- the subject of your message

- applicant’s full name (SURNAME, Given names)

- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)

- country of citizenship

- file number or UCI

- telephone number, including area code,

- mailing address,

- email address

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp for further details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

Regards

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Websites/Sites www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nepal

so my main concern pls any body here who have face same thing ?pls let me know about that. my medical had done in gckey account they dont need an interview and my file is totally complete they did not send any mail regarding that they required any other documents so in four is only one condition that my background check any body know what is bg check i all ready submitted noc from police so i dont no whats going on any body know which thing involved in bg check

ricky4u

Aug 2, 2018
Mine too the same situation but i applied in aug 2017 and still waiting.
But its going to be done soon.
We can just wait and hope for the best.
Ohhhhhhh so thats mean you will get it first hahaha don’t worry everything will be fine can you exchange your number of whats app or e-mail that we can follow up may be it will best for us if you don’t mind

RBV

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello guys,

I am Aug 24 applicant. I checked status on my ecas and it shows decision made. However, there is no update in detailed status. Nothing in account as well. Please guide what should I expect now? Thank you !

pnoor101

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello guys,

I am Aug 24 applicant. I checked status on my ecas and it shows decision made. However, there is no update in detailed status. Nothing in account as well. Please guide what should I expect now? Thank you !
very good sign! you will get notification may be tomorrow and PPR after (hopefully early next week)

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi
4th May 2018
File sent to NDVO. Mail received on 20th July
Current status is Background Check in Process.

My wife is coming to India on 22nd Aug. We are planning to stay together in India until application processed. Is it OK. If not OK then what are the risks involved in this?
It depends on if she is a PR or a canadian citizen.

PR's has to stay in Canada during the spousal sponsorship process, short trips 2-3 weeks is ok.

Canadian Citizens can stay outside but NDVO might ask for additional documents as proof that she will return to Canada when you get approved and explanation of how she is going to support you both (documents like bank balance in canada, family support letter, job offer in canada etc are proofs). This might increase the wait times but may not.

Good luck!