25th June 2018
LANDED..........
28th June 2018
Guys I got dm today finally!!!
After long wait( 15 months)
App received- 17 feb 2017
Medical and pcc submitted- May 2017
Re medical submitted- 21 April 2018
And today dm....hope the best for you all...
How much time for ppr after dm, any idea??
Many congratulations....you’ll PPR in the next two working days or maximum by Monday!!!!

Reactions: Sunny2412

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Yes, I don’t know what is going on all got their ppr in max 3 days here 4th week almost finished but no ppr
I'm starting to wonder if the agents that normally work on the spousal sponsorships haven't been pulled to work on student visas for Indian students wanting to attend a Canadian school in September. I assume there is a deadline possibly in May for foreign students to confirm attendance with the school and pay the tuition. Which might mean that NDVO (which I believe is one of the visa offices that handles student visas, I think someone posted this a while back) would need to get them cleared up by the end of April. It is so weird that there hasn't been much in the way of people getting decisions or PPR this month. Even before all the activity in March, I noticed that there would still at least 4 or 5 people each week reporting that they received either DM or PPR. This month, I think, I've only seen maybe two people reporting they got DM or PPR. It must be especially disheartening for those of you who did get your decision weeks ago and still not received the PPR email. The agents working on something is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

Hopefully people will start getting positive news soon. As my husband is an October applicant I want the NDVO to get moving on the June/July/August/September applications. I would love to have him with me sometime in the summer, preferably in July.

Reactions: Sarajan1 and psvj19

punkii

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Got a reply from Local MP inquiry

We received the following update from CIC.

Application for spousal was received in July of 2017 with a 12 month processing time.

Sponsor eligibility has passed and the file is in New Delhi for processing.

All documents have been received by CIC and nothing else is needed

Criminality and the medicals have passed.

The eligibility check at this time is under review.

We can do another follow up in June if you have not heard anything.

Based on their response it is clear that CIC is following 12 months processing time for sponsorship applications.

JSingh45

Apr 1, 2018
I am August applicant. The stats says medical cleared, criminality check completed. Security clearance on going.
  1. What is Security clearance?
    Is it background check??

My Cic show this*

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We needadditional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

WHAT IS NEXT? IS EVERYTHING RIGHT?

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if the agents that normally work on the spousal sponsorships haven't been pulled to work on student visas for Indian students wanting to attend a Canadian school in September. I assume there is a deadline possibly in May for foreign students to confirm attendance with the school and pay the tuition. Which might mean that NDVO (which I believe is one of the visa offices that handles student visas, I think someone posted this a while back) would need to get them cleared up by the end of April. It is so weird that there hasn't been much in the way of people getting decisions or PPR this month. Even before all the activity in March, I noticed that there would still at least 4 or 5 people each week reporting that they received either DM or PPR. This month, I think, I've only seen maybe two people reporting they got DM or PPR. It must be especially disheartening for those of you who did get your decision weeks ago and still not received the PPR email. The agents working on something is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

Hopefully people will start getting positive news soon. As my husband is an October applicant I want the NDVO to get moving on the June/July/August/September applications. I would love to have him with me sometime in the summer, preferably in July.

Thats what i've been hearing too . They're focusing on the student visas and how they've allocated addition staff to tackle those applications. These could be just rumors but then again its taking forever.....All i'm saying is... its not fair that they call this whole process "updated as a family reunification project" but then prioritize other applicant categories.

AF1227

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
7th July 2017
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
7th November 2017
Med's Request
25th August 2017
Med's Done....
29th August 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
7th June 2018
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2018
LANDED..........
28th June 2018
Anyone know where I will get ppr, on my online account or on regular email??
The PA will get an email,requesting for the passport