+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

ukp

Feb 5, 2017
Hi there.

Congratulations to the folks who got the PPR request and to the folks that are finally together. God bless!

That being said, I am seeing here that some May 2017 applicants already got the PassPort Request while we're still in the following process...

So I was wondering if any May 2017 applicants, if you guys can please kindly update on Background Check specifically along with PPR request, the date and status for each.

Application received - May 18, 2017
AOR1 - July 16, 2017
File Transfer to India - July 28, 2017
Started Processing(AOR 2) in India - August 2, 2017

Medical and PCC - October 31, 2017.

Background Check - Not Applicable.

Thanks a lot
ukp

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

zara12

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hey Zara12, Thanks for your best wishes hopefully. Anything less than 6 weeks should not be a problem. Just make sure sponsor job should not be at risk. Although, I am also going for two months in the next couple of weeks. I have an option to work from home.
Hi VJN,
Thank you very much for the information. One more thing, will you be informing IRCC about your upcoming visit to India? And how do these guys know about your current employment status? Let say if the sponsor quits the job and come, how do they get to know about it? ( Not doing anything of this sort, but just a question in my mind)!

Reactions: Nick~Nick

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi guys! What website do you recommend for booking a plane ticket from New Delhi to Winnipeg?

psvj19

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi guys! What website do you recommend for booking a plane ticket from New Delhi to Winnipeg?
I always go through google they put all the listings out there, keep an eye out for the layovers though, or go through a flights actual website... if your big on leg room they usually have the avg legroom listed as well. Google lists the price according to the dates that’s why i like going through it at least once.

Reactions: Pawan R Brar

Bps

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I always go through google they put all the listings out there, keep an eye out for the layovers though, or go through a flights actual website... if your big on leg room they usually have the avg legroom listed as well. Google lists the price according to the dates that’s why i like going through it at least once.
Skyscanner is a good site/app.

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
Mycic account is still not working. Giving me error. Anyone else facing the same issue?
same issue since yesterday. Last time I could access it was friday.
When click sin-in, takes back to home page of cic website, and when open and I place password, gives error.

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
try using Kayak.com
while selecting travel date, choose dates +/-3 Flexible, (this way you can get the best price in 6 days range)
and just like other website, it will compare to major sellers so you dont need to go and check each and every website.

Besides, my experience is that usually its not a big difference of price these days on different websites.

If stopover is not a problem then I would suggest you to take cathay pacific flight. (thee day most of long haul flights are A330 or B777 n B777 is used more widely which has 3 x 4 x 3 seating in new configuration, but cathay pacific hase some old aircrafts that still has 3 x 3 x 3 seating)

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Hello All

We are May 23 applicant.
My husband had interview on Jan.17 and we cleared it successfully. Already submitted passport for Visa too. :) :)

Best of luck to you all.

Regards.
Congratulations!
Could you tell us what was asked in the interview? Do you know the reason for interview?

deepthandi

Sep 5, 2017
Congratulations!
Could you tell us what was asked in the interview? Do you know the reason for interview?
Not sure about the reason why they queued our file for interview.

Questions they have asked my husband were:
- when did I came to canada? Why? why chose ottawa for study?
- where did I stay?with whom?
- when I finished my studies?
- when did I got my PR?
- where I am currently working? who was previous employer?
- my colleagues names
- if I rent or own house?
- take bus or drive to work?
- how we met?
- marriage plans?
- after marriage why didn't we go for honeymoon? ( I only had 3 weeks off from work, so we couldn't go)
- plans of husband about work after he comes to canada.

After that officer called me in to verify answers to all above questions. But they try to answer themselves incorrectly to see if you guys get confuse or not. like he asked him - "where are you renting an apartment" (I am renting a basement)
- which bus do you take to work? ( I drive to work)

The Key factor to clear interview is your confidence guys. If you marriage is real, do show tehm you are scared or afraid of answering any questions.

Reactions: Nick~Nick

shrss

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Not sure about the reason why they queued our file for interview.

Questions they have asked my husband were:
- when did I came to canada? Why? why chose ottawa for study?
- where did I stay?with whom?
- when I finished my studies?
- when did I got my PR?
- where I am currently working? who was previous employer?
- my colleagues names
- if I rent or own house?
- take bus or drive to work?
- how we met?
- marriage plans?
- after marriage why didn't we go for honeymoon? ( I only had 3 weeks off from work, so we couldn't go)
- plans of husband about work after he comes to canada.

After that officer called me in to verify answers to all above questions. But they try to answer themselves incorrectly to see if you guys get confuse or not. like he asked him - "where are you renting an apartment" (I am renting a basement)
- which bus do you take to work? ( I drive to work)

The Key factor to clear interview is your confidence guys. If you marriage is real, do show tehm you are scared or afraid of answering any questions.
You guys were both present at the interview?
Did they call you or emaiiled you for the interview date?