04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Got PPR today!

But now im in a little bit of a fix. My wife is already here on a tourist visa. We are to submit the passport within 30 days and we can submit it to the Ottawa office. However, we are going to India on February 26th for a wedding and my wife is also coming with us and we are returning on March 7th. But now that we have to submit our passport, as soon as the PR is issued, the TRV will automatically get cancelled, which means that my wife will not be able to come back to Canada with us since it will take a few weeks for her PR card to arrive and she wont be able to travel unless she has that. Does anyone know if the COPR is sufficient enough to show at the airport if we dont have the PR card yet?

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
Got PPR today!

But now im in a little bit of a fix. My wife is already here on a tourist visa. We are to submit the passport within 30 days and we can submit it to the Ottawa office. However, we are going to India on February 26th for a wedding and my wife is also coming with us and we are returning on March 7th. But now that we have to submit our passport, as soon as the PR is issued, the TRV will automatically get cancelled, which means that my wife will not be able to come back to Canada with us since it will take a few weeks for her PR card to arrive and she wont be able to travel unless she has that. Does anyone know if the COPR is sufficient enough to show at the airport if we dont have the PR card yet?
A PR without a PR card can leave canda but cannot return.
In this case, you can apply for PRTD (permanent resident travel document) in India when you reach there. Your wife will be able to come back with that to canada.

But the cache is, we all know how NDVO is working these days, we are not sure how long will it take for them to process a PRTD. In ideal case, is suppose to take around 1 week.

Trick (If you and your wife have US visitor visa)[its only the last option bcoz u never know how those trump voters would treat u at the border]
book your ticket from ans US airport near a canadian border. park your car at US airport and come back to US airport on ur return. take your car to cross the canadian border (on a land crossing through a private car, you can enter using the record of PR (signed COPR))

Reactions: VJN

VJN

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
For citizen, you are allow to stay as much as you want, not same for PR.
Hey bro .. Why you are making so big issue out of it. If you are not feeling comfortable to go for longer vacations then just shorten it. Many people told you can go unless your job is not affected.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hey bro .. Why you are making so big issue out of it. If you are not feeling comfortable to go for longer vacations then just shorten it. Many people told you can go unless your job is not affected.
Not making any issue, sorry for too many post. (ignore it if you can, plz)
just looking if someone with PR did this or not.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Not making any issue, sorry for too many post. (ignore it if you can, plz)
just looking if someone with PR did this or not.
honestly i dont think there is any issues in sponsor travelling out of Canada when the sponsorship application is in process. The only requirement is that you have to live in Canada. That doesn't mean you cant travel outside for some duration.. if you have a job here in Canada and if you are getting paid here, that means you are living here. Who cares about taking some vacation or travelling outside Canada for other job related things? I traveled like 4 times after submitting sponsorship application for my wife. some of the trips were for 1 month duration. But only difference is that all of them were work related trips.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Got PPR today!

Hi, If you are submitting the passport at Ottawa office, you will be issued a single entry "Immigrant" visa pasted in your passport and COPR letter not signed. So, When you go out of the country and come back after your Vacation, you will do the landing at any of the airport. That's when your PR is confirmed. That's the date you become PR. And then you will wait for the PR card to arrive in the mail. So, in short, your wife can come with you to Canada.

Reactions: steller

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
aug 2017 From CIC, oct From NDVO
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018
@rojo0519
I called them 2-3 times..all agents are mentioned its okay to travel as much as you want (lest than 6 months), but all the experts in this forum are strongly disagree with agents.
Even I tried to get some confirmation email from CIC agent, but they are not going to provide that, because there is no rule like, how many days we can stay outside. But as per experts from this forum, in past applicant got there application return because of this reason.
I am confused about this from last few days now, but still don't have any good answer.

If any experts can comment, it will be great.
nobody is expert here for rules says okay to travel as much as you want but lest than 6 months its immigration rule

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
aug 2017 From CIC, oct From NDVO
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
@rojo0519
I called them 2-3 times..all agents are mentioned its okay to travel as much as you want (lest than 6 months), but all the experts in this forum are strongly disagree with agents.
Even I tried to get some confirmation email from CIC agent, but they are not going to provide that, because there is no rule like, how many days we can stay outside. But as per experts from this forum, in past applicant got there application return because of this reason.
I am confused about this from last few days now, but still don't have any good answer.

If any experts can comment, it will be great.
Many sponsors have stayed outside Canada for a month or so, so I don't see any problem in it.

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
sorry I haven't read your other posts today? are you a PR and are you going to visit your spouse? I am not 100% sure on this but PRs are usually okay with going on short vacation as long as you are not planing to live at a place temporarily; however, some posts on other forums are totally negating the idea that PRs can even go on a vacation. I am not sure what is the right amount of time for a "short vacation" is :/
I have had 2 vacations while my husband's file is in process. I went to India for 3 weeks in November, after coming back I went to US for 10 days.

davdeep

Apr 9, 2017
I have been waiting for PPR since 5th Jan,
My representative said they also didn’t get any information.
Can anyone help?.
Hi there..ask the rep to check their spam/ junk mail as well. Our ppr mail went to the spam folder. All the best!

Reactions: steller

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
Anyone still think more then 3 weeks is acceptable vacation ? @sp121212 @sangam44 any suggestions guys ?
Hi, I (spnr) stayed in india for 2 monts after mrg. We applied for PR while I was in India. (I mentioned everything in the write-up and showed my return ticket to Canada) .. recently her eligibility passed and also she was approved with TRV. so im here in inda for a month vacation.. after wch we both will be traveling back to CA.

How long are you planning to stay outside of CA?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi, I (spnr) stayed in india for 2 monts after mrg. We applied for PR while I was in India. (I mentioned everything in the write-up and showed my return ticket to Canada) .. recently her eligibility passed and also she was approved with TRV. so im here in inda for a month vacation.. after wch we both will be traveling back to CA.

How long are you planning to stay outside of CA?
so this is your 2nd trip and 1st after application submitted and you are there for 1 month ?
I am planning for 6 weeks.