+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Question. So my husbands birth is registered late. We still sent it in along with his 10th grade marks.
Today we got an email that states they need his fifth class and middle standard. What grade would middle standard be? My husband isn't sure that is why I'm checking here. It was my mistake that we didn't send because I thought sending his 10th class was enough and I think we sent his college.. But I'd have to look.

Second question, the sound of the email seems like we can send in the copies, does that sound right to anyone that may have also received this email? I know we sent on copies of his 10th standard along with a verified copy and translated copy. And they seem okay with that.

RitJ

Mar 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need some advice here.

I will be applying for spousal sponsorship for my wife who currently is in India. She holds ten her multiple entry Canadian Trv and intends to visit me soon in Canada.

The questions I have are:

Should I apply before she comes, as an Outland application?

Or

Should I apply as an inland applicant for her once she’s here?

In both the cases is there an issue if the applicant travels back and forth to / from Canada. I think the inland application is sensitive to this.

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need some advice here.

I will be applying for spousal sponsorship for my wife who currently is in India. She holds ten her multiple entry Canadian Trv and intends to visit me soon in Canada.

Or

In both the cases is there an issue if the applicant travels back and forth to / from Canada. I think the inland application is sensitive to this.
Let her come to Canada then when you apply for her PR you can together apply for open work permit - 7 weeks processing time. This way she can travel in and out with the work -permit.

Thanks

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hi All,

I need some advice here.

Or

You can choose to apply as an outland applicant even while wife is in Canada! I think wife would not be able to apply for the open-work permit while going with the outland application route vs. the inland. Previously outland applications processed way faster than inland, but with the current change of processing all applications within 12 months, there might not be much difference between the two streams. However, knowing NDVO and how inefficient it is, perhaps it is best for you to go with an inland application, and that way your entire application will be dealt with in Canada- if I am not mistaken! Look at other threads that go into specifics of the two streams to help you determine! Also I think, inland is sensitive to travels while outland isn't.

Last edited:

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Question. So my husbands birth is registered late. We still sent it in along with his 10th grade marks.
Today we got an email that states they need his fifth class and middle standard. What grade would middle standard be? My husband isn't sure that is why I'm checking here. It was my mistake that we didn't send because I thought sending his 10th class was enough and I think we sent his college.. But I'd have to look.

Second question, the sound of the email seems like we can send in the copies, does that sound right to anyone that may have also received this email? I know we sent on copies of his 10th standard along with a verified copy and translated copy. And they seem okay with that.
Seems you overlooked India specific checklist.. missing on imp doc.. You need to send class 5th, 8th original report card of the applicant along with Original voter card.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hi All,

I need some advice here.

Or

Same processing time. Inland applicant cannot leave Canada during application processing..

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Let her come to Canada then when you apply for her PR you can together apply for open work permit - 7 weeks processing time. This way she can travel in and out with the work -permit.

Thanks
If inland applicant leaves canada during processing ... his application gets rejected.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Seems you overlooked India specific checklist.. missing on imp doc.. You need to send class 5th, 8th original report card of the applicant along with Original voter card.
well yes, I did. That's why I said my mistake. I was thinking different when i read it. But thank you for the reply. I figured 8th. We sent a copy of his voters ID and they never said anything of that

upkar singh

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2013
winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
july 2017
Doc's Request.
aug 2017
AOR Received.
aug 2017 From CIC, oct From NDVO
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
oct 2017
Med's Request
aug 2017
Med's Done....
aug 2017
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
june 7 2018
VISA ISSUED...
june 14 2018
LANDED..........
20 july 2018
My wife's passport request came.

Applied :3/17/2017
send to delhi: 5/8/2017
background check: 1/5/2018
passport req: 01/15/2018
congrats

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi everyone. I got my GCMS notes (Aug applicant timeline on my signature). On the Notes section, I see this under folder location:
I:\<blahblah folder>\Registry\15-Special projects\File Reception\Archive FCP Folder FCP-AOR sent on 30 OCT 2017

Does this mean something? @nbhagat - Your file was chosen for a special project correct? Was this the same as yours?

Thanks!

Reactions: sp121212

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Hi everyone. I got my GCMS notes (Aug applicant timeline on my signature). On the Notes section, I see this under folder location:
I:\<blahblah folder>\Registry\15-Special projects\File Reception\Archive FCP Folder FCP-AOR sent on 30 OCT 2017

Does this mean something? @nbhagat - Your file was chosen for a special project correct? Was this the same as yours?

Thanks!
when did you apply for GCMS notes?

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013

Thanks!
Does it says anything like Pilot program ?