+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
My spouse's TRV got rejected today. Sorry but I am no expert and looking for alternatives, and that's why I even asked whether I have mis-understood. I think we are free to ask questions/clarify doubts here and that mocking about my unawareness is not what this forum is about. It might be just a joke for you but it really came at the wrong time for me.

What made me think that they would allow us to apply for work-permits is that they allow spouses of students to apply for open work permits and also, I tried the come to Canada tool and it said eligible.
there are two streams for spouse sponsorship.. inland and outland.. you are eligible for open work permit only if you apply for inland stream. And as the name indicates spouse has to be in Canada before submitting the sponsorship application..

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
sorry definitely not mocking you, and it definitely isn't a joke as we are all on the same boat. This is all just funny because if we could apply for that we would apply right away- we don't even get approved for TRV for our spouse so it is all just ridiculous and there is nothing else to do but laugh now.
anyway this is where you can find info on the inland work permit- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
don't worry we are all on the same boat suffering, esp with a visa office like New Delhi

My spouse's TRV got rejected today. Sorry but I am no expert and looking for alternatives, and that's why I even asked whether I have mis-understood. I think we are free to ask questions/clarify doubts here and that mocking about my unawareness is not what this forum is about. It might be just a joke for you but it really came at the wrong time for me.
What made me think that they would allow us to apply for work-permits is that they allow spouses of students to apply for open work permits and also, I tried the come to Canada tool and it said eligible.

appl

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hey guys I have question if someone rejected from cic on family class sponsorship does the person allow to enter Canada as refugee

Apr 14, 2017
Hello everyone !

I m new to this thread. I m in Canada on PR and would like to sponsor my spouse who is in India.
I havent received my PR card yet and would like to start the application. Can I start without my PR card?
Can we apply online or is it only through sending the physical documents through mail??

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hey guys I have question if someone rejected from cic on family class sponsorship does the person allow to enter Canada as refugee
Hello everyone !

I m new to this thread. I m in Canada on PR and would like to sponsor my spouse who is in India.
I havent received my PR card yet and would like to start the application. Can I start without my PR card?
Can we apply online or is it only through sending the physical documents through mail??
please start a new post, so someone better qualified can answer you. This thread is specific to 2017 NDVO spousal applicants and we use it to update each other on our applications.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi..

We are end of march applicant ,,,anyone left from march ? Our file was transfered in July and just waiting on bG to be started ...I noticed they have started with April applicants..

Reactions: vaibhavshah45

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
hi..

We are end of march applicant ,,,anyone left from march ? Our file was transfered in July and just waiting on bG to be started ...I noticed they have started with April applicants..
what is your current status of Background check on GC key?

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are two streams for spouse sponsorship.. inland and outland.. you are eligible for open work permit only if you apply for inland stream. And as the name indicates spouse has to be in Canada before submitting the sponsorship application..
Thanks very much!

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry definitely not mocking you, and it definitely isn't a joke as we are all on the same boat. This is all just funny because if we could apply for that we would apply right away- we don't even get approved for TRV for our spouse so it is all just ridiculous and there is nothing else to do but laugh now.
anyway this is where you can find info on the inland work permit- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
don't worry we are all on the same boat suffering, esp with a visa office like New Delhi
Thanks, my spouse is not inland. So I can do nothing than to wait... My GCMS had Jan 10th as Application Assignment due date, hopefully something happens. My next GCMS is due on Jan 12th, let see!

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Thanks, my spouse is not inland. So I can do nothing than to wait... My GCMS had Jan 10th as Application Assignment due date, hopefully something happens. My next GCMS is due on Jan 12th, let see!
hopefully us MAY applicants start getting updated by the end of this month or hopefully by next month! they are slower than last year! But April applicants getting DM is a great sign for us! What is your Background status on GC key?

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopefully us MAY applicants start getting updated by the end of this month or hopefully by next month! they are slower than last year! But April applicants getting DM is a great sign for us! What is your Background status on GC key?

Not Applicable

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My full status in GC Key

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: sp121212

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
My full status in GC Key

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
same except for me additional documents is still at uploaded since JULY 25- lol i don't think it will change until i get BCG in process. Hopefully our wait isn't long.*fingers crossed*

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I have a question regarding the, changing an outland to inland. If your spouse comes on a visa and stays here can it be changed to inland?

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same except for me additional documents is still at uploaded since JULY 25- lol i don't think it will change until i get BCG in process. Hopefully our wait isn't long.*fingers crossed*

I think my additional docs column is a system glitch, It is the same for past 3 months, however they did not ask for anything except schedule a and pcc which they have received according to the GCMS.