+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Seems like NDVO is giving us consolation prizes by processing 1 file / weeks. at this rate march applicants will have to wait past march 2018:(:(:(:(
Funny thing is that from this year when their so called accelerated spousal sponsorship processing time came down to 12 months, they take more time than they used to when the processing time was 18-24 months.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I feel bad for the Jan/Feb applicants from 2018. They would have to wait for the 2017 files (from March/April onwards) to be cleared first and then their process would start.

Nov 16, 2017
I got the gcm notes today. April 4 applicant, bgc not started yet. As per the notes, eligibility: passed. security, criminality: not started.
Last update on my file was on october last week, says marriage approved, file transferred for final review. This application is part of PAT 3 group. Special instructions apply to this application.

What does this mean?

Also, Notes also says: Recommended for waiver File No: F000XXXXXX FOSS checked for PA. F000XXXXXX is not our file number.

What does this mean?

Last edited:

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Any update ?
again going by 2016 forum, december 11 onwards likely updates for may applicants! one more week
I feel bad for the Jan/Feb applicants from 2018. They would have to wait for the 2017 files (from March/April onwards) to be cleared first and then their process would start.
looks like they process it however they want, if you look at the 2016 forum, even while there were people waiting they processed each month separately.. so december and jan is likely for may applicants who are at final stage but they will still process the ones pending from the prior months.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
I got the gcm notes today. April 4 applicant, bgc not started yet. As per the notes, eligibility: passed. security, criminality: not started.
Last update on my file was on october last week, says marriage approved, file transferred for final review. This application is part of pat 3 group. Special instructions apply to this application.
What does this mean?
What does ECAS say about you BGC? I am an april 5 applicant and BGC has been in process since June 23.

Dec 3, 2017
Last update on my file was on october last week, says marriage approved, file transferred for final review. This application is part of pat 3 group. Special instructions apply to this application.
What does this mean?

Are you applying from Canada? I am requesting GCMS notes therefore I should be applying under "Access to information act"?
what do we have to include for below option:

1) what type of record would you like to request? I am assuming family class..
2) Specify the type of file you are requesting?
3) which specific information are you looking for?

Atleast you have some movement in your file. I have no updates since April 2017...very frustrating.

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and in the process of preparing an application to sponsor my wife from India. Did anyone provide their spouse's (Principal Applicant) Aadhaar card as the national identity document within the application? If yes, did u get it translated since not all of it is in English?

Thanks!

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and in the process of preparing an application to sponsor my wife from India. Did anyone provide their spouse's (Principal Applicant) Aadhaar card as the national identity document within the application? If yes, did u get it translated since not all of it is in English?

Thanks!
I submitted Aadhar Card and Voter ID. But didn't translate. As all necessary information is in English already, no need to translate again. It's same as any Canadian Government document which has English and French.

Srini17

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 March 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 29 March 2017 / AOR 2 - 08 May 2017
Hello all,

Thanks!
Just to be clear inside the application form we don't need to mention the national identify document, as passport details is good enough. Under the supporting documents we can provide the these for copies of national identity cards.. atleast thats what i did...

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
I submitted Aadhar Card and Voter ID. But didn't translate. As all necessary information is in English already, no need to translate again. It's same as any Canadian Government document which has English and French.
Thanks for your response, karthik.andhamil

Did you enter your Aadhar card or voter ID details in IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada or did you just provide these IDs as part of Supporting Documents for Sponsored Person?

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Just to be clear inside the application form we don't need to mention the national identify document, as passport details is good enough. Under the supporting documents we can provide the these for copies of national identity cards.. atleast thats what i did...
Hello Srini17,

Thanks for the clarification!

What's your timeline if you dont mind sharing?

Srini17

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 March 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 29 March 2017 / AOR 2 - 08 May 2017

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
Guys, received my GCMS notes today. Would like to share a couple of things which I noticed.

First of all my app details ->

Jun 23 - App received,
Jul 29 - AOR1,
Aug 16 - SA,
Sep 11 - AOR2.

GCMS 1 - Eligibility & security not started, Med, and criminality passed (applied on aug29 and received on sep29)

GCMS 2 - exact same of GCMS 1 since it was gen in jus 1 week gap (applied on Oct06 and received on Nov06)

GCMS 3 - (applied on Nov 03 and received today)

Eligibility - Recommended Pass, Med - pass, Criminality - pass, Security - not started but file location is updated to FCU-DIS from "registry" and i see blank pages with s.16(1)(c)

Recent Notes on the end says following (hiding personal details as XXXXX)

**Recommended for waiver**XXXXXX Integrated search done for PA and sponsor - no adverse info Sponsor is a PR - received PR status on XXXX under XXX category from within Canada Compatibility assessed.

Satisfactory evidence of marriage provided. The marriage between PA and sponsor was performed on XXXXXX as per Hindu South Indian tradition. After the marriage, the coupe cohabited for over two months and they went to XXXXX for their post-marriage outings. PA has a married sibling residing in XXXXXX. -- PCC on file - NRT [refer e-docs] File forwarded to officer for further review and decision.

Reactions: sp121212