+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

NeelManvir

Nov 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
June applicant here. Yesterday checked ecas and it said “in process” could be a good sign good luck to everyone ♥

Jandu87

Jun 15, 2017
one of my friend in torronto told me about pr that vary accoding to state and province .... is it a fact .....if some in torroto or in british coloumbia ...timeline for different states may vary and in BC they take longer time to process for applicants as compared to torronto

Janusound5

Oct 28, 2017
Visitor visa gets approved all the time, a lot of it depends on how you prepare your application. I was advised by folks on some forums not to apply for the visitor visa but i still did and put in supporting documents to prove her tie to India, finances to support herself, an undertaking from myself, medical insurance, return file ticket etc and managed to get the TRV for my spouse (then Fiance).

The sentiment in the forum seems to be against applying for the TRV but IMHO a lot of it depends on how you prepare your case and of course it varies from situation to situation (whether your spouse is working or not etc.)
Thank You!!

Ludabrown26

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Since December 7, 2016; the IRCC; formly known as CIC changed the whole process of the spousal sponsorship; so those who get advice and remarks from family and friends such as:

1. The processing and time depends on the province your going to and how long the processing takes; that’s false and only applies to other categories like provincial nomination, express entry etc. Not for spousal.

2. If you think that after your medical your going to get PPR in a month or two; that applied to the old process; for NDVO they are requesting Medicals right in the beginning when our files are in Mississauga: so this doesn’t apply anymore either. If your a June, July, August Applicants it’s a long brutal wait for the next 4-6 Months after your file gets transferred to NDVO; there will be some lucky applicants who might get PPR in a shorter time but very rare. Expect to hear something in February- April 2018.

3. As of November 25, 2017 There’s still Applicants from January, February, March, April and May 2017 waiting for interview dates, background checks to start, DM and PPR. That’s about 6-11 Months of waiting time.

4. If you want to apply for visitor visa for your spouse, go ahead and try but many people apply before marriage and before they apply for the PR Spousal sponsorship Application. If you apply after your spousal application; your chances are low for approval; unless you get to the background stage.

NeelManvir

Nov 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Since December 7, 2016; the IRCC; formly known as CIC changed the whole process of the spousal sponsorship; so those who get advice and remarks from family and friends such as:

1. The processing and time depends on the province your going to and how long the processing takes; that’s false and only applies to other categories like provincial nomination, express entry etc. Not for spousal.

2. If you think that after your medical your going to get PPR in a month or two; that applied to the old process; for NDVO they are requesting Medicals right in the beginning when our files are in Mississauga: so this doesn’t apply anymore either. If your a June, July, August Applicants it’s a long brutal wait for the next 4-6 Months after your file gets transferred to NDVO; there will be some lucky applicants who might get PPR in a shorter time but very rare. Expect to hear something in February- April 2018.

3. As of November 25, 2017 There’s still Applicants from January, February, March, April and May 2017 waiting for interview dates, background checks to start, DM and PPR. That’s about 6-11 Months of waiting time.

4. If you want to apply for visitor visa for your spouse, go ahead and try but many people apply before marriage and before they apply for the PR Spousal sponsorship Application. If you apply after your spousal application; your chances are low for approval; unless you get to the background stage.
thank you fpr this information

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
one of my friend in torronto told me about pr that vary accoding to state and province .... is it a fact .....if some in torroto or in british coloumbia ...timeline for different states may vary and in BC they take longer time to process for applicants as compared to torronto
My husbands friend also told us that. His friend came to Canada on express entry and is in Saskatchewan. He said that we will get fast because we are from Alberta. He said each province is different.. But I feel like there isn't truth to that. We didn't count on it and still are saying up to 12 months like its stated on the website.
I could be wrong and maybe there is some province thing. But I'm not believing it haha

lubhvir

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
File Transfer...
01-06-2017

Thank you for sharing the information
At point 3 for jan feb march april applicant, they have wait 6-11 minths from the file transfered to NDVO or from now..??

Pawan R Brar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017

Thanks for the information. We all just need to pass test of our patience.. good luck everyone.. God bless us all..

NeelManvir

Nov 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
At point 3 for jan feb march april applicant, they have wait 6-11 minths from the file transfered to NDVO or from now..??
From when your file got transferred to NDVO

Aujla8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017

yes he is absolutely right.two of my cousins who applied in January 2017 still waiting.one applied on January 6 and other applied in January 26.

Ludabrown26

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi,

My hubby had his interview on Nov 15. It went well and the officer congratulated him saying he got visa. His medicals expired so they sent us medical request the next day.

According to my hubby, the key to succeed is the way you answer them. Look straight into the official eyes. Don't panic. Your body language counts for your success. If your relationship is genuine just be straight and to the point don't be afraid.

We prepared all the questions given in the forum and our case specific. His interview lasted for 45 minutes. They didn't call me. I didn't go to India to attend the interview. Most of the questions he was asked were about me and my daily routine in Canada my job our future plans, his future plans. No tricky questions.

Hope this helps. You can ask me anything more if you want to know.

Regards
Priya
Congratulations! Did you get PP Request yet? Or did the Visa Officer give you a timeline of when you will get PP Request?

Ludabrown26

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I mean from the day it was received in Mississauga; no one has passed the 12 month mark yet for 2017 but it's getting close for January Applicants! Hopefully NDVO picks up speed this week and all of December for giving BGC, DM'S and PPR'S!