+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

SaraHamilton88

Oct 21, 2017
I emailed the New Delhi Visa Office in November 1st and got a reply back on November 14th.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please note that this file is in queue for the final review. As soon as the review is complete, we will contact the applicant.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

So mostly everyone is getting the same response from New Delhi about being in final review.....just thought I’d share!

has ur application passed the 1 year mark?

nbhagat

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017 uploaded on 23-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017 and AOR2 25-07-2017
Med's Request
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-06-2017 passed on 29-06-2017
hello,
I am May applicant. AOR 2 July 25.
ordered GCMS notes on Oct 26 (expecting them end of Nov)
Documents status on GCKey is "we need additional docs for processing your app", so i inquired with Delhi office and got below response.

"Please be advised that your application is pending a review by an officer. At this point in time no additional information is required on your part, our office will be in touch with you with the next step in processing once this review has been completed."

my bgc status still No Applicable.
Should i be worry? or this is normal.

Last edited:

sangam44

May 24, 2017
hello,
Documents status on GCKey is "we need additional docs for processing your app", so i inquired with Delhi office and got below response.

"Please be advised that your application is pending a review by an officer. At this point in time no additional information is required on your part, our office will be in touch with you with the next step in processing once this review has been completed."

Should i be worry? or this is a normal case?
Don't worry its normal :)
When you order GCMS notes then the Additional document status changes to "we need more doc" because they are generating notes for you. Happened with many of us.

Reactions: nbhagat

nbhagat

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017 uploaded on 23-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017 and AOR2 25-07-2017
Med's Request
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-06-2017 passed on 29-06-2017
Don't worry its normal :)
When you order GCMS notes then the Additional document status changes to "we need more doc" because they are generating notes for you. Happened with many of us.
thank you :)
hope we all here back before end of this year.

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Since its taking so long, i am thinking of applying of tourist visa for my wife.
cant spend our first anniversary on 16th jan alone.

VJN

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
hello,

It is normal and I heard for many people.

Can you please advice when you inquire with NDVO. Was it by email ? what kind of parameters/information required for it. Can you please share the info with details. Thanks.

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Tourist visa also takes more than 2 months with least chances of get approval.
yes that's what i was thinking 2. but then i don't know about how long it will take for NDVO to process our PR application. so i am going to take that risk.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Since its taking so long, i am thinking of applying of tourist visa for my wife.
cant spend our first anniversary on 16th jan alone.
I think you should apply for the Tourist Visa. I applied for my wife's tourist visa before our marriage and she was approved. If you prepare the application well, there is a good chance you will get it.

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
hello,

No, you are right on track. Was it pending a review or a final review?

SaraHamilton88

Oct 21, 2017
No? This is the 2017 thread for New Delhi; Anyone who applied in 2017 has not passed the 1 year mark yet. I’m a April 2017 Applicant.

oh ok, in that case im surprised they even replied to ur email, they say unless ur application has passed 1 year they don't reply to u....maybe i should email them as well, did u submit a web form or did u email ndvo directly?

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
oh ok, in that case im surprised they even replied to ur email, they say unless ur application has passed 1 year they don't reply to u....maybe i should email them as well, did u submit a web form or did u email ndvo directly?
I actually cancelled my representative and just wanted to make sure that information was updated and decided to ask about my husband's application status as well. I submitted a web form inquiry; if your BGC has been in process for a while; I would inquire; if it's going to take a while to complete the background check e.g. couple of months; they will let you know; so that way you can plan accordingly. Are you a 2016 Applicant or 2017?

SaraHamilton88

Oct 21, 2017
I actually cancelled my representative and just wanted to make sure that information was updated and decided to ask about my husband's application status as well. I submitted a web form inquiry; if your BGC has been in process for a while; I would inquire; if it's going to take a while to complete the background check e.g. couple of months; they will let you know; so that way you can plan accordingly. Are you a 2016 Applicant or 2017?

Oh i see, I have submitted a webform below about my NFC they said they are still working on it and need nothing from me yet(this was more than a month ago) I think i am going to inquire again and see what they say now.

And I applied march 2017

Reactions: Sue2017