31-01-2017 and 28-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-08-2016 AOR2 07-09-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
Any march 2017 applications? Im currently sponsoring my husband from Afghanistan (NDVO) and his background check has been in process for 3.5 months now I don't know whats going on :(
Im also sponsoring my husband from Afghanistan but we r july 2016 applicant. His BGC has been in process since February 2017. I emailed them they replied and said his bgc is still in process and next day he received another email to send PC from Turkey. he is living in turkey since 2008. Idk why it takes so long for afghan citizens bgc. ughhh its sooo annoying

prakruti

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
My husbands cousin went to apply for visitor visa, he was told that normal processing for visitor visa is 15-20 days, it is now currently 2 months at NDVO.
How did you come to know that at NDVO Visitor Visa Processing time is 2 months coz on website for India it still says 34 days

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Also no point in calling dehi VO for update.. no use.. best bet is dropping mail to the above mail ids.. anyways you will still get back only default replies dont expect any application specific information...

In 2 weeks will be entering 9th month of processing still no update... not sure what can be done...
i think our best bet is to write to a tv channel like CBC and ask them to take up the issue and if more and more people do that then maybe we can help the next batch of applicants. even if the call center service becomes better then we can consider that a win.
our case is doomed there is no rejecting that. but someone need to take the responsibility for all the mental trauma that we are going through everyday.

i am going to sit down and write my email 2night, lets see if even TV channels care about us.

Srini17

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 March 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 29 March 2017 / AOR 2 - 08 May 2017
i think our best bet is to write to a tv channel like CBC and ask them to take up the issue and if more and more people do that then maybe we can help the next batch of applicants. even if the call center service becomes better then we can consider that a win.
our case is doomed there is no rejecting that. but someone need to take the responsibility for all the mental trauma that we are going through everyday.

i am going to sit down and write my email 2night, lets see if even TV channels care about us.
Hope your email get some attention and help better the situation for all...
We need to get that 12 month limit come down to 6 months for straight forward cases.. because they will escape by stating we already mentioned 12 months time line...

Also i seen recent news that canada planning to get million ppl in next 3 years.. but what about improving the process to get more reasonable processing times.. i do appreciate the intentions but would be better with good processing times...

Reactions: sroy2017

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hope your email get some attention and help better the situation for all...
We need to get that 12 month limit come down to 6 months for straight forward cases.. because they will escape by stating we already mentioned 12 months time line...

Also i seen recent news that canada planning to get million ppl in next 3 years.. but what about improving the process to get more reasonable processing times.. i do appreciate the intentions but would be better with good processing times...
i agree with your suggestion. my only grudge is that even if its taking more time for you to process our files, atleast let us know whats the bottleneck and why isn't Customer care able to give us any insight into why we are not getting our visa.
Better yet why cant we reach an agent when we want to.

i do agree that straight forward cases or first time applicants should be treated separately and in a super priority basis and be given a visitors visa
and with legit cases they should have a fiance visa or allow pre-processing.

Reactions: Manu1818

as087p

Mar 11, 2017
i am a march applicant 2 with AOR2 of june 1st still waiting for the BGC to start and get it over with.
Dont know whats going on @ NDVO with applicants after us are getting their visa and already landing in Canada.
i wish there was an explanation for this irregularity in the process.
did u apply for GCMS note?
i did and it says that no one touched my file since august and the worst part is that u can never get though to a customer service agent to get an answer.
No I haven't applied for gcms note. I'm planning to apply for it to see if that helps in getting any additional information.

Dhillon101

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 April
Doc's Request.
8 June
AOR Received.
2 June
File Transfer...
28 June aor 2 on 5 July
Med's Request
8 June
Med's Done....
9 June
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
just wondering how long they take to review documents...uploaded like 3 months ago and being reviewed from last 3-4 weeks...
Sometimes this status remains the same even after the decision made.. Don’t worry about this..In my GCKey account, the status is still same “reviewing the documents “since June month.

Dhillon101

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 April
Doc's Request.
8 June
AOR Received.
2 June
File Transfer...
28 June aor 2 on 5 July
Med's Request
8 June
Med's Done....
9 June
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?

iindia

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Sometimes this status remains the same even after the decision made.. Don’t worry about this..In my GCKey account, the status is still same “reviewing the documents “since June month.
@Dhillon101 - has your BGC started or Decision made? in my case the addition document row just keep toggling between "being reviewed" to "uploaedd" and back to being reviewed since July and no BGC yet or any other update - my timelines:
App received - May 2nd or 3rd
AOR1 - June 5th
Med/Sched A/PCC request - June 16th
AOR2 - June 27