+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

iindia

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
I'm in the same situation... my documents status is same as urs " being reviewed " since June...sometimes this status remains the same even after decision made or sometimes it changes after decision made.. now the most important thing is the background check start , until we don't get background check start, we will not get decision made and PPR.. so waiting for background check to start.. since 5 July(aor 2) there is no update in my file and file was transferred to NVDO son 28 june
Thanks Man! I am hoping things start to roll soon.

Reactions: Dhillon101

AshR070591

Dec 23, 2016
Hi All!! This is my first post in this forum. I have a situation here. I moved to US in a H1B visa this April and currently employed there. When I mailed the New Delhi VO to transfer my case here, I got a response stating that the file cannot be transferred here to US since the process has already started and is in its final stage/review.
But now if the application is approved and if the New Delhi VO sends me a request for the passport, do I need to go back to India for getting my PR counterfoil stamped or is there any way I can get my PR stamped in the US?

All suggestions/ replies are appreciated in advance!!

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi All!! This is my first post in this forum. I have a situation here. I moved to US in a H1B visa this April and currently employed there. When I mailed the New Delhi VO to transfer my case here, I got a response stating that the file cannot be transferred here to US since the process has already started and is in its final stage/review.
But now if the application is approved and if the New Delhi VO sends me a request for the passport, do I need to go back to India for getting my PR counterfoil stamped or is there any way I can get my PR stamped in the US?

All suggestions/ replies are appreciated in advance!!
i am not in any way an expert, but isn't there a way that you send ur PP to delhi when they ask for it and stay in the US in the mean time.
when the visa arrives, ask ur family to send it to u in US.
once ur passport arrives in the US, just cross the US canada border and u can get your PR process complete.
dont know if this helps, buts thats just a thought.
i know a lot of people do that with their parents to use the super visa.

cheetah131

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the port entry. My wife booked the flight ticket through Montreal and the final destination as Toronto. Whether the immigration procedure will be completed in Montreal or in Toronto?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please reply. Thank you all.

Sreejith

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the port entry. My wife booked the flight ticket through Montreal and the final destination as Toronto. Whether the immigration procedure will be completed in Montreal or in Toronto?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sreejith
if she is changing flight from international to domestic flight, then her immigration will be in Montreal,
like for example, if she is changing flight from Air india to Air canada, then her immigration will be in montreal otherwise it will be at toronto.
for me once i was traveling from india with emirates and was changing flights to air canada in montreal, i had to do the immigration there.
i think she should look for a flight that makes her port of entry as toronto not montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheetah131

cheetah131

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
if she is changing flight from international to domestic flight, then her immigration will be in Montreal,
like for example, if she is changing flight from Air india to Air canada, then her immigration will be in montreal otherwise it will be at toronto.
for me once i was traveling from india with emirates and was changing flights to air canada in montreal, i had to do the immigration there.
i think she should look for a flight that makes her port of entry as toronto not montreal.

Thank you for the advice. She is taking Qatar Airways till Montreal and WestJet to Toronto.
Whether the immigration procedure in Montreal is simple, because the transit time is on 2.15 hrs.

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Thank you for the advice. She is taking Qatar Airways till Montreal and WestJet to Toronto.
Whether the immigration procedure in Montreal is simple, because the transit time is on 2.15 hrs.
i am confident that she will need a running show if she has to catch the westjet flight... the immigration office in montreal when i came in 2011 was pretty small and under staffed.
so i dont know how comfortable u r with that much of a layover time. for me i will feel more comfortable with 4 hr layover time. then things can be done with mental peace.
where is she flying from in india?
i am planning 2 book air canada for my wife, since it comes directly from delhi or mumbai to toronto.

cheetah131

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
i am confident that she will need a running show if she has to catch the westjet flight... the immigration office in montreal when i came in 2011 was pretty small and under staffed.
so i dont know how comfortable u r with that much of a layover time. for me i will feel more comfortable with 4 hr layover time. then things can be done with mental peace.
where is she flying from in india?
i am planning 2 book air canada for my wife, since it comes directly from delhi or mumbai to toronto.

Yes, we are travelling from Kochi, India. And direct trip from India to Toronto is tiring I think so we are going for 1+ stops.
So its better to land in Toronto, to make it is as the port of entry.

sroy2017

Aug 23, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Yes, we are travelling from Kochi, India. And direct trip from India to Toronto is tiring I think so we are going for 1+ stops.
So its better to land in Toronto, to make it is as the port of entry.
yes my wife is going to travel from kol to toronto. am i think 15 hrs is not a bad timing if u r not with kids.
the timing for the air canada flight i saw was pretty good. .05 am from delhi and 5am in toronto. so she can literally sleep all the way here. ;):):D

steller

Mar 2, 2015
i am not in any way an expert, but isn't there a way that you send ur PP to delhi when they ask for it and stay in the US in the mean time.
when the visa arrives, ask ur family to send it to u in US.
once ur passport arrives in the US, just cross the US canada border and u can get your PR process complete.
dont know if this helps, buts thats just a thought.
i know a lot of people do that with their parents to use the super visa.
@AshR070591 It is illegal to send passport in post. I would suggest to wait for PPR and when it comes send email requesting change in visa office for passport stamping and it will be done.. Good Luck

Reactions: ForeverMB

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hi All,

Sreejith
I have read about a case wherein a family moving to Canada from India landed at Vancouver instead of Toronto as mentioned in their application, they were denied entry and PR cancelled. Please search related forum. Since your wife has a connecting flight to Toronto and she lands in Montreal logically the immigration procedure should be completed in Montreal.

Reactions: cheetah131

cheetah131

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
I have read about a case wherein a family moving to Canada from India landed at Vancouver instead of Toronto as mentioned in their application, they were denied entry and PR cancelled. Please search related forum. Since your wife has a connecting flight to Toronto and she lands in Montreal logically the immigration procedure should be completed in Montreal.

Thank you for the advice. Noted.

nk.nav

Feb 28, 2017
I am sponsoring my husband. Here is his timeline:

Application Received: 30 March
AOR1: 19 April
Sponsorship Approval: 25 April
Med Done: 28 April
Sch A and PCC: 16 May
File transferred to NDVO: 24 May
AOR2: 5 June

This Tuesday, CIC account changed to “we need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with details” under reviews for additional documents.

But didn’t got any message or email to submit documents.

Any suggestions how we can found out what documents they need?