+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

Avijosan27

Oct 5, 2018
I applied for my husband's PR in April. I got an email from them, requesting an additional document. I provided that document to CIC by first week of August. Medical was passed on June 12. since then waiting for PPR. it was a paper based but then I linked it to my online account. It is keep saying file is in process and running "Background check".
Does anyone know how long will it take to clear background check and request a passport?

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
Did u get any transfer email of ur husband file if it was outland. Plz lemme no is it inland or outland then i can answer u. But still i try to tell u hope u will get answer. So if it's outland then it should be at ndvo and they are still doing Dm n ppr for nov , dec 2017 applicants so hopefully ur turn will come in jan 2018. If its in mississauga then its quick cuz they doing dm n ppr even for june 2018 applicants. So keep patience n pray cuz ndvo is really too much slow.

Avijosan27

Oct 5, 2018
Did u get any transfer email of ur husband file if it was outland. Plz lemme no is it inland or outland then i can answer u. But still i try to tell u hope u will get answer. So if it's outland then it should be at ndvo and they are still doing Dm n ppr for nov , dec 2017 applicants so hopefully ur turn will come in jan 2018. If its in mississauga then its quick cuz they doing dm n ppr even for june 2018 applicants. So keep patience n pray cuz ndvo is really too much slow.
I did get an email in July that my husband's file got transferred to NDVO. I don't know why they're so damn slow.

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
Hi All,

I am Sep 2017 applicant and received the Pre arrival services letter on Oct 5th 2018. I red few threads on this forum, every one said they received this letter after their interview with NDVO. Does this mean, we passed that criteria hence ndvo sent us this letter? I knew interview is not for every one and they have some cases. NDVO asked my spouse PCC on Oct 1st only and uploaded on Oc5th 2018. I posted my entire timeline in my profile signature.

Pre Arrival Service letter and invitation for pre arrival service are two different items or they are same?

I also red that few applicants waiting for the DM and PPR more than 2 months after this letter.

thanks in advance.

rokasabina3636

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi guys,
I am applicant of 6th dec 2017 from Nepal

Application status
Submitted application on 6th dec 2017 through paper based
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing your eligibility
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of additional doc: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need to interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints
Background check: We are processing your background
Final decision : Your application is in progress.

NDVO asked me to send my marriage certificate and sponsorship approved letter on 11th sep 2018 and submitted on 16th sep 2018. Linked the application through GCkey account on 28th sep. Till now no any updated. No any pre arrival services :( . Guys anyone tell me how long I have to wait to get DM and PPR??

Tresa1990

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,

I am Sep 2017 applicant and received the Pre arrival services letter on Oct 5th 2018. I red few threads on this forum, every one said they received this letter after their interview with NDVO. Does this mean, we passed that criteria hence ndvo sent us this letter? I knew interview is not for every one and they have some cases. NDVO asked my spouse PCC on Oct 1st only and uploaded on Oc5th 2018. I posted my entire timeline in my profile signature.

Pre Arrival Service letter and invitation for pre arrival service are two different items or they are same?

I also red that few applicants waiting for the DM and PPR more than 2 months after this letter.

thanks in advance.
To my knowldege wat u get once the application is about to get approved is pre arrival services email. Some receive prearival email & PPR on same day.
U can expect PPR with in 3 weeks time after prearrival services email.
All the best!

Reactions: rajanhere

Tresa1990

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi guys,
I am applicant of 6th dec 2017 from Nepal

Application status
Submitted application on 6th dec 2017 through paper based
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing your eligibility
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of additional doc: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need to interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints
Background check: We are processing your background
Final decision : Your application is in progress.

NDVO asked me to send my marriage certificate and sponsorship approved letter on 11th sep 2018 and submitted on 16th sep 2018. Linked the application through GCkey account on 28th sep. Till now no any updated. No any pre arrival services :( . Guys anyone tell me how long I have to wait to get DM and PPR??
If u submit new documents to NDVO/CIC it will take upto 15days to get processed into their system. U can expect PPR this month if no further documents r requested by NDVO.
All the best!

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi All,

thanks in advance.
Hi there. Prearrival letter and invitation for prearrival services are the same thing. From my understanding, prearrival letter means that the eligibility is passed. But after the eligibility is cleared, the security check starts. For some thing happens very fast, and for others it can take months. In the case of our application for example, we got prearrival letter on May 11, 2018 and our security started on May 16, 2018 and the security is still ongoing because we are still waiting for DM and PPR! Hope the wait for you is much shorter :) Good luck!

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi there. Prearrival letter and invitation for prearrival services are the same thing. From my understanding, prearrival letter means that the eligibility is passed. But after the eligibility is cleared, the security check starts. For some thing happens very fast, and for others it can take months. In the case of our application for example, we got prearrival letter on May 11, 2018 and our security started on May 16, 2018 and the security is still ongoing because we are still waiting for DM and PPR! Hope the wait for you is much shorter :) Good luck!
Also, since you're past the 12 month mark, you can do MP enquiry. My MP was the one who told me when the security screening started...so you can get an idea if there's anything else pending on your application.

Reactions: rajanhere

rajanhere

Jun 15, 2015
To my knowldege wat u get once the application is about to get approved is pre arrival services email. Some receive prearival email & PPR on same day.
U can expect PPR with in 3 weeks time after prearrival services email.
All the best!
thanks you for the positive hopes. Much helpful.

Reactions: Tresa1990