+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Anyone have any idea how long will they take to review additional documents? Please let me know ASAP!!!! August 4th applicant.....got pre arrival already but they asked for addl. documents...submitted it...n no updates ever since!!! please let me know!![/QUOT
What did they asked for as additional doc??

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Apllied on 13 th june 2017 .. june 19th 2018 they send file to NDVO . and they update status that start processing on 20th june 2018.. dont know what they are doing .. its already over a year. Any idea guys?
How come u got file transfer after a year,
Are you sure you post the rigt date and year

Pritharv

Jun 21, 2018
How come u got file transfer after a year,
Are you sure you post the rigt date and year
Yeah its written in status .. i dont know what they were doing .. before it was application received on 25 th of april they changed to in process. Then i got this things.

Pr1nce786

Jun 15, 2018
Hey guys I got my passport today but I have one doubt in the letter they attached with that it shows my marital status single is that ok ?

Pritharv

Jun 21, 2018
But is it april 2018 or 2017?
See i applied on 13 th june 2017 gave medical and pcc background etc in august 2017 after that they didnt change anything status was application received. But on april 2018 they changed it to in process and on may 8 they asked for background form again. Then after a year on 14 th june i appeal through MP they said its going through security and eligibility test then they send me a mail that ur file transfered to ndvo and update in the status that start processing on 20 th june 2018

sam193

Dec 10, 2017
Got a question on passport submission to cpc ottawa:

It looks like the NDVO PPR letter (or could be others too) says that if you are in Canada and intend to stay there for atleast 3 months, then you may send your passport to CPC Ottawa.

Exact wording - Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

In our case, my spouse is currently in Canada on visitor visa, joined me on 30th May. He can stay utpo 6 months but we have return booked for July 28th. We have informed NDVO about visit to canada(forgot to add return date though), phone numbers and contact address when he arrived.

The request for passport will probably be coming tomorow or next week.

My question is that since my spouse is not staying in canada for atleast 3 months since 30th May, can we send the passport to ottawa instead of going to India to submit passport. Please advise.

Our main concern is that if CPC Ottawa does not stamp here then we will probably be refused for not submitting passport in time? Don't want to mess up atlast step.

Thanks!
(1) Is it not possible to reschedule return ticket of your spouse? (2) if you are expecting PPR in a week and if you send your spouse's passport immediately after that to Ottawa, you should probably get the passport back before July 28th and that way your spouse need not go back to India but for safe measure I would advise to reschedule return ticket.

Reactions: piya

utkarsh_patel

May 10, 2018
Hey guys I got my passport today but I have one doubt in the letter they attached with that it shows my marital status single is that ok ?
when did you submmited your passport. It should be married but I feel like you should contact ask for more detail about it. Just email to them and find out there might be mistake or not dont know since i have not gotten mine yet so..........If anyone here got passport back if we can help would be appreciate you a lot.

Gurinavi

Jul 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-4-2018
when did you submmited your passport. It should be married but I feel like you should contact ask for more detail about it. Just email to them and find out there might be mistake or not dont know since i have not gotten mine yet so..........If anyone here got passport back if we can help would be appreciate you a lot.
yes it should be married there....email to cic or try to contact on phone also ....on my husband's passport it is Married status

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
(1) Is it not possible to reschedule return ticket of your spouse? (2) if you are expecting PPR in a week and if you send your spouse's passport immediately after that to Ottawa, you should probably get the passport back before July 28th and that way your spouse need not go back to India but for safe measure I would advise to reschedule return ticket.
Thanks. But my question is actually about if we can submit the passport to CPC Ottawa, given that NDVO ppr emails states 'you can submit to cpc ottawa if you are going to stay 3 months(which was not in the original plan in our case)' and avoid going back to India just for stamping. Yes the flight is reschedule-able and we may use it for a later date.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Quick Question: Before DM, were you seeing below status in ECAS?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on August -, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October -, 2017.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on October -, 2017. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
I believe you meant to ask me? In our case the 3rd line about medical request was added when the status in ECAS changed to DM.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Got a question on passport submission to cpc ottawa:

It looks like the NDVO PPR letter (or could be others too) says that if you are in Canada and intend to stay there for atleast 3 months, then you may send your passport to CPC Ottawa.

Exact wording - Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

In our case, my spouse is currently in Canada on visitor visa, joined me on 30th May. He can stay utpo 6 months but we have return booked for July 28th. We have informed NDVO about visit to canada(forgot to add return date though), phone numbers and contact address when he arrived.

The request for passport will probably be sent soon.

My question is that since my spouse is not staying in canada for atleast 3 months since 30th May(I wonder how will they know), can we send the passport to ottawa instead of going to India to submit passport. Please advise.

Our main concern is that if CPC Ottawa does not stamp here then we will probably be refused for not submitting passport in time? Don't want to mess up atlast step.

Thanks!
anyone knows the answer for this?