+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
My husband is 6 years older than me so they just asked why he waited so long to get married.
They asked about what kind of work he will do when he comes to Canada.
Whom I am living with? And what my job is.
And how many kids we are planning on having.

That’s all they asked. The officer was very happy and told him he passed and will get PPR within a week.

Okay so dumb question.. maybe..
But what is the point of some of these questions?? They aren't interviewing the sponsor so why would they ask how many kids you plan to have. Or I have seen some sample questions they may ask. I feel like if its not in the application then why would they bother to even ask.
That is just my thought out loud. I guess not really a question, just a processing thought haha.

Reactions: sp121212

sandyJ

Jun 9, 2017
Okay so dumb question.. maybe..
But what is the point of some of these questions?? They aren't interviewing the sponsor so why would they ask how many kids you plan to have. Or I have seen some sample questions they may ask. I feel like if its not in the application then why would they bother to even ask.
That is just my thought out loud. I guess not really a question, just a processing thought haha.

Yeah it was a waste of time. But we didn’t care. We knew our marriage was genuine so when we were asked to come for interview we didn’t mind. Sometimes they just want to make sure that everything is genuine and matches up.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Also, at any time during the interview they can call the sponsor to confirm everything.
oh yes yes! That makes sense then. I wasn't even thinking of them calling the sponsor to do like a phone interview. My mistake there.
I was just thinking like how would they match up the answers when they don't call the sponsor for an interview haha. I wasn't thinking of a phone call.

But glad the interview went so great for you! Yay!

sandyJ

Jun 9, 2017
oh yes yes! That makes sense then. I wasn't even thinking of them calling the sponsor to do like a phone interview. My mistake there.
I was just thinking like how would they match up the answers when they don't call the sponsor for an interview haha. I wasn't thinking of a phone call.

But glad the interview went so great for you! Yay!

Yeah, when they send you the email regarding the interview they let you know the sponsor should be available during the time of interview in case they want to contact them.

Thanks :) wishing you all the best on your process. Hopefully it’s a quick one!

prakruti

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
hi ,
This is regarding Supporting Documents for Sponsored Person (PA)
1. Identity Doc, travel doc and passport
Copies of National Identity Cards.

Query:

Should we provide Aadhar , PAN and Driving License here or Only Aadhar??

nish1484

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
hi ,
This is regarding Supporting Documents for Sponsored Person (PA)
1. Identity Doc, travel doc and passport
Copies of National Identity Cards.

Query:

Should we provide Aadhar , PAN and Driving License here or Only Aadhar??
I wrote down my aadhar number and attached an attested copy

abirring

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Guys I have noticed most of the PAs getting interview call who are male/husband. Any female PA got interview call in India? I am just curious.
Thanks

Is this true ?
Are there any cases with PA (females) from India who received Interview calls ?

Surbhi93

Nov 28, 2017
Kapurthala
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
finished 7 months since submitted the application..... still waiting for bgc to start :(
Finished 8months ..waiting for bgc to start .

fjpatel007

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
05-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
File Transfer...
28-08-2017
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
10-05-2018
May Applicant
5 months pregnant
BGC haven't started yet
Any suggestions what to do?
Thanks
Congratulations for the biggest news of your life!!

Sadly, we cannot push the process in any condition. But according to the rules, a pregnant lady can travel upto 36th of pregnancy but its is suggested to avoid higher altitudes to avoid complicity.

So keep your bags packed and ready. just wait for the PPR and for the passport to come back. And fly ASAP once your passport arrives.

Besides this, DONT FORGET TO TRAVEL WITH A TRAVEL INSURANCE, as you wont be covered for your delivery before 3 months of stay in canada and that is a bit expensive unless you are covered by your husband's insurance.

All the best.

Reactions: carss and steller

supersonic04

Feb 8, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
NDVO
For all those who have got their passports back from NDVO with visa stamped, how long did it take to get it back?
My wife submitted the passport on December 29,2017, I want to book her flight tickets for Feb. 1, 2018. Do you guys think, this would be a sufficient margin?