Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
farazkapadia said:
My wife is in Canada on TRV. I am waiting for BGC/Decision Made/ PPR. I have a question regarding flag polling at Niagara, US Border. If we plan to complete the PR process through flag polling as soon as we get visa and plan to bring our belongings/jewelry from India in the next trip.

1. How do we declare the belongings we plan to bring in next trip?
2. Do we need to provide the pictures or jewelry we plan to bring? (I read somewhere)
3. Do we need to provide the original bills of the jewelry?

Please reply if anyone has any idea about it.
regarding your personnel belongings that you want to bring to Canada(gold, jewellery and other stuff)
You can only do that(without facing any hassle) is the first time when you land. regarding stuff, you can inform the cbsa officer that your other stuff will coming as well but you will have to provide shipment number and date. regarding gold and jewellery, you can bring in next trip but cbsa can do query about that and you may end up with tax duties. only for the first time its free

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
k_singh said:
regarding your personnel belongings that you want to bring to Canada(gold, jewellery and other stuff)
You can only do that(without facing any hassle) is the first time when you land. regarding stuff, you can inform the cbsa officer that your other stuff will coming as well but you will have to provide shipment number and date. regarding gold and jewellery, you can bring in next trip but cbsa can do query about that and you may end up with tax duties. only for the first time its free
You mean to say that, If I need to bring any jewelry, I have to make a trip to India for PR process. It won't work if I do flag polling and bring jewelry later. I don't think so it works like that.

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
in my AOR2 they asked me to pay the RPRF, so i paid it online. How do i update NDVO about this? My application was a paper application and was mailed a while back.

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
i know this has been asked before, but how do i link my application online?

Gsarai

Dec 16, 2016
reemfa said:
i know this has been asked before, but how do i link my application online?
create account on cic key, i've tried linking my application but it didnt work, it says application not found.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
Gsarai said:
create account on cic key, i've tried linking my application but it didnt work, it says application not found.
Most common error is when you pick 1 instead of 2 number of applicants.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
reemfa said:
in my AOR2 they asked me to pay the RPRF, so i paid it online. How do i update NDVO about this? My application was a paper application and was mailed a while back.
If you received the RPRF receipt of payment. This means NDVO knows that you made the payment.

Thanks

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
farazkapadia said:
You mean to say that, If I need to bring any jewelry, I have to make a trip to India for PR process. It won't work if I do flag polling and bring jewelry later. I don't think so it works like that.
Here my only concern is if you declare any gold that you might have now while Flag Poling the officer will question you as to how did you bring this gold into Canada on TRV. Which btw is not permitted. Good Luck !!

k_singh

Jul 28, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
farazkapadia said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-much-gold-jewelries-are-allowed-into-canada-t272112.0.html

I am not saying that you cant bring in next trip. When you will land, you will have to fill out b4 form. CBSA officer can ask for pics, price evaluation etc.
When you come after the next trip along with the jewellery, its entirely upto the officer on how to proceed. he may ask you for a declaration certificate from indian airport.
( its law in india that you will have to get declaration certificate for the jewelry being taken out of india). getting all this paper work done and maintaining can lead to a hassle.
Its always safe to bring all your gold in first landing process. when doing landing process, CBSA does not asks for anything, no limit, you just have to declare them.
that being said people still bring gold every time(taking a risk that they wont be checked by customs and if checked , they have excuse that its for personnel use and that excuse will not work everytime) Its all grey zone , upto the officer. so you have good amount to bring in, I will suggest to do it while landing

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
k_singh said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-much-gold-jewelries-are-allowed-into-canada-t272112.0.html

I am not saying that you cant bring in next trip. When you will land, you will have to fill out b4 form. CBSA officer can ask for pics, price evaluation etc.
When you come after the next trip along with the jewellery, its entirely upto the officer on how to proceed. he may ask you for a declaration certificate from indian airport.
( its law in india that you will have to get declaration certificate for the jewelry being taken out of india). getting all this paper work done and maintaining can lead to a hassle.
Its always safe to bring all your gold in first landing process. when doing landing process, CBSA does not asks for anything, no limit, you just have to declare them.
that being said people still bring gold every time(taking a risk that they wont be checked by customs and if checked , they have excuse that its for personnel use and that excuse will not work everytime) Its all grey zone , upto the officer. so you have good amount to bring in, I will suggest to do it while landing
Thanks for the info. :)

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Hi guys,
So just an update, my husband arrived today on visitor visa and today itself we send his passport to Ottawa for PR stamping. Immigration at the airport was just regular questions like how long are you planning to stay, did you apply for PR application and thats it.
Good luck to everyone waiting and hope to be spouses soon.....
God Bless
Pari123

desiB

Dec 3, 2016
Gsarai said:
My wifes
Sponsorship application status
We received your application to sponsor (NAME) on May 20, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 9, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2016.
Decision made..

PR Application status: IN PROGRESS
Permanent Residence
We received NAMEs application for permanent residence on May 20, 2016.
We started processing NAMEs application on August 2, 2016.
..... Still no medical received or anything? how much longer

Hey buddy i did an MP inquiry into the same matter and got a reply from my MP that my medicals have been passed but not updated yet.
So CIC will notify NDVO to update the status. I know buddy how it feels when there is no update about medicals.
You can do the same procedure and get to the problem.
Take care

desiB

Dec 3, 2016
akreturns said:
I am Sept applicant and I have the same issue like you , please let me know if anything works for you
Do an MP inquiry and tel them about the medicals as i just did. I got an email back from my MP stating medicals have been passed but not updated online. So they have instructed NDVo to update my medicals. Do the same asap so that you get to know the problem.

cheers

Hey thanks a lot AandA for your help. Appreciate

zhangstar

Apr 26, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-06-2016; AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016; Decision Made: 20-12-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
Pari123 said:
Hi guys,
So just an update, my husband arrived today on visitor visa and today itself we send his passport to Ottawa for PR stamping. Immigration at the airport was just regular questions like how long are you planning to stay, did you apply for PR application and thats it.
Good luck to everyone waiting and hope to be spouses soon.....
God Bless
Pari123
Can you let us know when u get the passport back from ottawa so we kno the timeline of how long its usually going to take as I am in similar situation, just waiting for passport request, my wife is already here on visitor visa