+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADA

Royal Singh

Nov 30, 2016
Hey everyone My wife lives in Canada and we got married in feb 2016 and then after gathering all the docs, she finally submitted the application in canada on 3rd of may 2016. and after everything done the file came to Delhi immigration on 6th of july 2016.
Does anyone have any idea how long will it take more as if i check it online it keep saying its in Process. And how will they contact me? and what are the next moves?
Btw i have already submitted medical and everything.
Pls tell me

Thank you

tony.patti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Royal Singh said:
Hey everyone My wife lives in Canada and we got married in feb 2016 and then after gathering all the docs, she finally submitted the application in canada on 3rd of may 2016. and after everything done the file came to Delhi immigration on 6th of july 2016.
Does anyone have any idea how long will it take more as if i check it online it keep saying its in Process. And how will they contact me? and what are the next moves?
Btw i have already submitted medical and everything.
Pls tell me

Thank you
Hey bro you are in the same boat as i am. it seems like its taking on average 8 to 9months. right now some people from april are getting ppr

May2016

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-06-2016 AOR2 : 02-08-2016
Med's Done....
12-05-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
LANDED..........
Per my Convenience.... :)
farazkapadia said:
Today I got an email from CIC about the PR card reminder too.. Just wondering is it to do something with our spousal file, as the guy you commented the post had filed the application on 28-04-2016. You filed on 11-05-2016 and I filed on 26-05-2016. Just trying to figure out the pattern of this email. Does it mean our file is being worked upon? Anybody else got this type of email? Please share..
I did got the same email. Interesting observation: The email ID i received this email was specifically used for Family application and not during my PR application (5 years back)

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony.patti said:
I cant link my wife's file to my gc key account. i have tried using my info and my wife but still system cant search it.
a user here made suggestion here that I tried but it still didnt work.
Does anyone have suggestions what i could be doing wrong pls help!!
I have no suggestions, but i am in kind of same boat. Not able to link file to gc key account.

tony.patti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Smile_Canada said:
I have no suggestions, but i am in kind of same boat. Not able to link file to gc key account.
I just spoke with the cic call center agent. He sent me an email with instructions but they are pretty generic.
He said to use the web form for further technical support.
very frustrating

sahil1087

Aug 22, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there guys!! First of all I would like to congratulate the one's with DM, PPR, BC in Progress and for people who are waiting (good luck).

I have a question - I am a Canadian citizen and I applied from Canada and my wife is in New Delhi, India. Should my timeline be 12 months or 18 months? This is supposed to be confusing me as different people say different stuff.

Also I would like to be added in the spreadsheet.

My Timeline: Application sent - June 16
AOR 1 - July 5
AOR2 - Aug 26
Background - Not started

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
May2016 said:
I did got the same email. Interesting observation: The email ID i received this email was specifically used for Family application and not during my PR application (5 years back)
Thanks dude.. That's what I am wondering. There has to be some co-relation between this email and spousal application. I hope we hear something from CIC after this email.. Hopefully PPRs. :)

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
sahil1087 said:
Hey there guys!! First of all I would like to congratulate the one's with DM, PPR, BC in Progress and for people who are waiting (good luck).

I have a question - I am a Canadian citizen and I applied from Canada and my wife is in New Delhi, India. Should my timeline be 12 months or 18 months? This is supposed to be confusing me as different people say different stuff.

Also I would like to be added in the spreadsheet.

My Timeline: Application sent - June 16
AOR 1 - July 5
AOR2 - Aug 26
Background - Not started
There is a discrepancy of how much the time line should be, the CIC agents and the MP assistants say it as 18 months but there is some login for it to be 13 months. But nonetheless, pls have these timelines furnished in your signature or profile page now that u have crossed 10 posts.

The general wait is 7~9 months but there are some unusual circumstances beyond anyone's imagination where the files have been processed in as less as 3 months to 11 months (in counting), so welcome to the group and enjoy the wait. Be patient, communicate and hopefully we all can join our spouses soon. God Bless

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
tony.patti said:
I just spoke with the cic call center agent. He sent me an email with instructions but they are pretty generic.
He said to use the web form for further technical support.
very frustrating
Can you please share the contents of that email?

tony.patti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
dumdumhogayamein said:
Can you please share the contents of that email?
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Linking a paper application - Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada

As we know how important this next stage in your life is, we would like to invite you to follow up on the progress of your sponsorship application and receive automated updates by linking your application to an online account of the person being sponsored (principal applicant).

Once you have linked your sponsorship application, we will be corresponding with you through your online MyCIC account. You will no longer receive any paper letters about your sponsorship application.

In order to link your sponsorship application, please follow these 3 simple steps:

Sign in to MyCIC or create an online account,
Click on Link application to this account under the heading What would you like to do today?,
Enter the information exactly as you did on your sponsorship application form. If you communicated some updates to your file after you have applied, enter the most recent information.
There could be a few reasons why you could be unable to link your application:

Your sponsorship application hasn’t been entered into our system yet

Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for a sponsorship application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.

The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application

The information you enter to link your sponsorship application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

An immigration representative is handling your file

If you have hired a representative, please note that only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your sponsorship application to your account.

If you chose to do so, upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your sponsorship application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

Our online system could be down

Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

After attempting to link your account, if you receive the response there are no matches, it could be for the following reason:

You have entered the information incorrectly

The system will only link your sponsorship application if the information you enter matches exactly what you had on your application. If you contacted us after you have applied and updated any information, provide the most recent information.

For more information on what to expect after a sponsorship application was submitted, please consult our website.

Technical problems with the online application or tools

To find answers to your questions, please visit the online Help Centre. Please note that you can also search by typing keywords.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
tony.patti said:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Linking a paper application - Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada

As we know how important this next stage in your life is, we would like to invite you to follow up on the progress of your sponsorship application and receive automated updates by linking your application to an online account of the person being sponsored (principal applicant).

Once you have linked your sponsorship application, we will be corresponding with you through your online MyCIC account. You will no longer receive any paper letters about your sponsorship application.

In order to link your sponsorship application, please follow these 3 simple steps:

Sign in to MyCIC or create an online account,
Click on Link application to this account under the heading What would you like to do today?,
Enter the information exactly as you did on your sponsorship application form. If you communicated some updates to your file after you have applied, enter the most recent information.
There could be a few reasons why you could be unable to link your application:

Your sponsorship application hasn’t been entered into our system yet

Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for a sponsorship application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.

The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application

The information you enter to link your sponsorship application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

An immigration representative is handling your file

If you have hired a representative, please note that only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your sponsorship application to your account.

If you chose to do so, upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your sponsorship application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

Our online system could be down

Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

After attempting to link your account, if you receive the response there are no matches, it could be for the following reason:

You have entered the information incorrectly

The system will only link your sponsorship application if the information you enter matches exactly what you had on your application. If you contacted us after you have applied and updated any information, provide the most recent information.

For more information on what to expect after a sponsorship application was submitted, please consult our website.

Technical problems with the online application or tools

To find answers to your questions, please visit the online Help Centre. Please note that you can also search by typing keywords.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions
Thanks

nav13

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
farazkapadia said:
Thanks dude.. That's what I am wondering. There has to be some co-relation between this email and spousal application. I hope we hear something from CIC after this email.. Hopefully PPRs. :)
I dont think so, my cousin who has nothing to do with spousal or any other kind of immigration, got the same generic email.

May be they are sending to each and every. Email adress they have in their systems

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi All,
I wonder if you have any clue about this... We got our second set of GCMS NOTES, right at the top under APPLICATION section a little bit down between Correspond Language and Group# there is this section SPECIAL PROGRAM...
In our first set of notes there was nothing mentioned next to it but the notes which we got like day before yesterday in those it was written SPECIALPROGRAM(s): OSI
Any idea what this SPECIAL PROGRAM stands for.. from what I can interpret this whole Applicatoin section at the top does not contain any decision related infromation so i am assuming whatever this it should not be alarming..
But if anybody could tell me what it is, because i did a lot of search and no luck.. by the way 3 months and counitng DM but notning so far...we did case specific too..