12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
jayagoyal said:
Hi but I was told by cic agent that background check also completed so how much time more can I expect..plz tell
If Background check is completed and medical is still valid then you should expect it within the month. Its likely that your file is in line for final review.

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
SA approval on 30th November 2016. AOR2 on 12th December 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (8th October 2016)
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
I have a question about processing time on CIC website for spousal PR.
I have visited CIC link to check processing time. (can't post the link here as it is not allowed. But it is generally used to check the processing time of application)

I entered following answers :
"What are you applying for? " ---> Answer is SPonsoring family member.
"who are you sponsoring" ? ---> Spouse or common law partner living outside of Canada.
"Where are you applying from?" ---> Answer should be "Canada" right ? (I am a PR here currently in Canada and sponsoring my wife (principal applicant) is in India now)

Please correct me if I am wrong in interpreting the 3rd question.
Because If I answer Canada then it will be 12 months
and If it is India it would be 18 months.

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
</script>" tabindex="2">
HarkiranKaur said:
What is the average time between background check in progress and decision made / PPR??

I did an MP inquiry and NDVO didn't tell him anything other than its 'in process' to determine eligibility. They didn't even tell him the Bg is in progress (though we can see that on his account. We have been on background check in progress since Nov 11 so wondering how long to expect? MP told me it could still be months... but doesn't seem like it's been that long going by people on here. We have waited so long to even get to this point. We applied in January and so many others have gotten full decision made who even applied several months after us. MP did say no red flags though. So I'm not sure why ours is taking so long.
Hey Harkiran,

Hang in there, I think your MP didn't do a thorough inquiry. She prolly just asked where the file was and the CIC person prolly said eligibility. My MP also told me it could take months but after in inquiry I got PPR in two weeks. Actually Eligibility is in Process until final decision is made on the file so that is not much help you much. I would say that since you have done your remedical and background check is in process, your file is probably in line for final review. You will most likely hear from them shortly. It seems that CIC is doing a handful of PPRs at the same time every two to three weeks so hopefully you will get PPR by first/second week of December.

ShaliVin

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2016
sujan143 said:
same i applied on Nov 3rd and no updates.
Sorry to hear about the delay. Is yours a special case ? Like second marriage or something or is it straight forward? As I understand, if you get tourist visa, that means your eligibility is passed and you won't be interviewed.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
yogimukti said:
I have a question about processing time on CIC website for spousal PR.
I have visited CIC link to check processing time. (can't post the link here as it is not allowed. But it is generally used to check the processing time of application)

I entered following answers :
"What are you applying for? " ---> Answer is SPonsoring family member.
"who are you sponsoring" ? ---> Spouse or common law partner living outside of Canada.
"Where are you applying from?" ---> Answer should be "Canada" right ? (I am a PR here currently in Canada and sponsoring my wife (principal applicant) is in India now)

Please correct me if I am wrong in interpreting the 3rd question.
Because If I answer Canada then it will be 12 months
and If it is India it would be 18 months.
Applying from India...

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
ShaliVin said:
Sorry to hear about the delay. Is yours a special case ? Like second marriage or something or is it straight forward? As I understand, if you get tourist visa, that means your eligibility is passed and you won't be interviewed.
mine is straight forward. but this is my second TRV i applied one before in april before sponsorship and got rejected due to travel history and all the usual reasons. I am not sure why this is taking too much time.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
maxrekhi1 said:
any one plz tell me wht is gckey ?????
GCkey is the key to access your online application.

CIC keeps updating your profile as they clear the steps one - by - one.

Thanks

romil0909

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
sujan143 said:
mine is straight forward. but this is my second TRV i applied one before in april before sponsorship and got rejected due to travel history and all the usual reasons. I am not sure why this is taking too much time.
Mine is straight forward too and I applied for first time on nov 15th. Medical has passed 2 days before.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Re: NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADAnf t

Rainasar said:
</script>" tabindex="2">
Hey Harkiran,

Hang in there, I think your MP didn't do a thorough inquiry. She prolly just asked where the file was and the CIC person prolly said eligibility. My MP also told me it could take months but after in inquiry I got PPR in two weeks. Actually Eligibility is in Process until final decision is made on the file so that is not much help you much. I would say that since you have done your remedical and background check is in process, your file is probably in line for final review. You will most likely hear from them shortly. It seems that CIC is doing a handful of PPRs at the same time every two to three weeks so hopefully you will get PPR by first/second week of December.
I was hoping for sooner than that as I have a ticket booked to go to India March 2. Him coming in the new year I don't know if that is long enough to get the PR card before we have to go back. We were hoping he'd be here mid Dec. trying to fly during holidays (dec 20-30) is near impossible as flights are all overbooked and expensive as heck! If he doesn't make it here till start of Jan will we have enough time to get the PR card? If not can he come back to India with me? Like can my family check my mail and then when the PR card comes send it by courier to india? Really worried about timeline now. I had to book the trip to India as I would have lost the 30% discount I had and we had no idea when he'd be coming. I'm staying there till August so other option is he can wait to land until august but will the Visa be valid till then?

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Rainasar said:
</script>" tabindex="2">

Hey Harkiran,

Sorry for double post as the site said not found when I clicked submit. I thought the post was lost.

Mid Dec is too late!! :( or else he won't be here till new year and I have a ticket back to India 2 March. If he doesn't land till Januarybisnthat enough time to get the PR card and if not, can he come back to India with me and my family can check them mail and when it comes can courier it to India? I'd hate if I had to go back to india without him while he waited several weeks here for it to come. We were hoping he'd get PPR a couple weeks after BG check in progress (like everyone else). That would make it this week.

Our only other option is to just wait till Aigust when I come back to Canada and he can come with me. (I'm staying in India 6 months) but will the Visa be good for that long so he could come then?

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
AandA said:
Applying from India...
It's asking the sponsor who they are applying and where they (the sponsor) applied from. It's not asking the applicant. That's why the first question asks who are you sponsoring. Questions are directed at the sponsor. The sponsor applied from inside Canada because the entire file goes to Ottawa. It takes longer if the sponsor is outside Canada.

If you are saying question 3 is directed at the applicant then there is no way to input data if the sponsor is outside Canada. We already know from question 2 the applicant is. This is confirmed bybCIC on phone to me. 13 months is the correct estimate (not that it matters).

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
Re: NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADAnf t

HarkiranKaur said:
I was hoping for sooner than that as I have a ticket booked to go to India March 2. Him coming in the new year I don't know if that is long enough to get the PR card before we have to go back. We were hoping he'd be here mid Dec. trying to fly during holidays (dec 20-30) is near impossible as flights are all overbooked and expensive as heck! If he doesn't make it here till start of Jan will we have enough time to get the PR card? If not can he come back to India with me? Like can my family check my mail and then when the PR card comes send it by courier to india? Really worried about timeline now. I had to book the trip to India as I would have lost the 30% discount I had and we had no idea when he'd be coming. I'm staying there till August so other option is he can wait to land until august but will the Visa be valid till then?

Hi Harkiran,

If you get the PPR in Dec 2016 your husband could wait in India for about 6 months which is June 2017 after the Passport has been stamped to fly in Canada.

Yes your family can collect and physically mail the PR Card to you in India and then you and your husband can travel back together.

My mother had to leave the country before she got the PR Card, so we met with a MP and got a support letter from him to later apply for the TRAVEL DOCUMENT to enter Canada. She also applied for TD, but we received her PR Card in the mail and FedEXed her the card with the highest security and urgency. She had to pick the Card up in Mumbai at a Fedex HQ which was the only catch.

Hopefully this helped.

Good Luck

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Re: NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADAnf TNT

AandA said:
Hi Harkiran,

If you get the PPR in Dec 2016 your husband could wait in India for about 6 months which is June 2017 after the Passport has been stamped to fly in Canada.

Yes your family can collect and physically mail the PR Card to you in India and then you and your husband can travel back together.

My mother had to leave the country before she got the PR Card, so we met with a MP and got a support letter from him to later apply for the TRAVEL DOCUMENT to enter Canada. She also applied for TD, but we received her PR Card in the mail and FedEXed her the card with the highest security and urgency. She had to pick the Card up in Mumbai at a Fedex HQ which was the only catch.

Hopefully this helped.

Good Luck
June is too early as I fly back in August and the ticket can't be changed. He'd be in Canada two months without me and I'd be alone in a india for 2 months. If he doesn't come before 2 March then he needs to push back coming to Canada till 23 August. This is really worrying me. I suppose sending the PR card to India by courier is last hope and we can fly to Delhi to get it or have his cousin pick it and then courier rest of the way to Srinagar. Really hoping for PPR in next week or so so he can arrive mid December.