12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
HarkiranKaur said:
Do you think he will be here landed before Christmas time? And will that be enough time to get the actual PR card? My flight back to India in 2 March. So if he lands here before Christmas, then will just over 2 months be enough time for him to get the card so we can both go back to India together?
With wahegurus mer he will be with you before that. Does your husband know anyone in Delhi, I would say that if he can stay in delhi after medical for a bit, because once medical is received and background check is done, he should get PPR request by early December. He can submit the passport at the high commission and get it back next day. once he's in Canada, you can apply for PR card and hopefully it will be given to you by March for sure. If not, then you can leave and you do have the option that if it is received in your absence and you have a family member coming to India, they can bring it for you. But clear that up with Cic once you have applied and ur about to leave in March. I don't imagine that there is a strict restriction on leaving the country without it, there must be a way around it.. what if there is an emergency, you wouldn't wait for a PR card to leave the country

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Rainasar said:
With wahegurus mer he will be with you before that. Does your husband know anyone in Delhi, I would say that if he can stay in delhi after medical for a bit, because once medical is received and background check is done, he should get PPR request by early December. He can submit the passport at the high commission and get it back next day. once he's in Canada, you can apply for PR card and hopefully it will be given to you by March for sure. If not, then you can leave and you do have the option that if it is received in your absence and you have a family member coming to India, they can bring it for you. But clear that up with Cic once you have applied and ur about to leave in March. I don't imagine that there is a strict restriction on leaving the country without it, there must be a way around it.. what if there is an emergency, you wouldn't wait for a PR card to leave the country
He is going to leave his passport with his cousin in Delhi. He has to go to a wedding in Jammu on the 17th. So he will leave his passport there and as soon as he gets the PPR his cousin will bring it. Then hopefully his cousin can either pick it back up or have it sent to his cousin's address because Kashmir mail system is still defunct as with whats going on with the unrest. Mail would never make it to him in Srinagar. So hopefully there is some way his cousin can be courier for it. His cousin can send it via airplane and my hubby can pick it up same day at the airport in Srinagar. I know his cousin can drop it of at CIC, but will they allow his cousin to pick it back up the next day? Or will they automatically try to mail it to Kashmir to my husband's address? I wonder will his cousin need an affidavit stating he is representative for my husband will that work? I had not thought about picking it back up. We only thought about dropping it.

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
HarkiranKaur said:
Do you think he will be here landed before Christmas time? And will that be enough time to get the actual PR card? My flight back to India in 2 March. So if he lands here before Christmas, then will just over 2 months be enough time for him to get the card so we can both go back to India together?
Glad that you heard from CIC.

I just want to comment about what i know about landing without PR card. once you are immigrated, You need PR card or Permanent resident travel document to enter Canada. Without PR card, You cannot land in any Canada on a commercial carriers (i.e airlines, transit buses) however you can enter Canada with private carriers (i.e by private car). I know this because i left the country and came back before i got the PR card. I landed in Detroit and entered Canada with my Car. The bummer is your spouse needs to have US visa to land in US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Cheers,
Varadar

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
HarkiranKaur said:
He is going to leave his passport with his cousin in Delhi. He has to go to a wedding in Jammu on the 17th. So he will leave his passport there and as soon as he gets the PPR his cousin will bring it. Then hopefully his cousin can either pick it back up or have it sent to his cousin's address because Kashmir mail system is still defunct as with whats going on with the unrest. Mail would never make it to him in Srinagar. So hopefully there is some way his cousin can be courier for it. His cousin can send it via airplane and my hubby can pick it up same day at the airport in Srinagar. I know his cousin can drop it of at CIC, but will they allow his cousin to pick it back up the next day? Or will they automatically try to mail it to Kashmir to my husband's address? I wonder will his cousin need an affidavit stating he is representative for my husband will that work? I had not thought about picking it back up. We only thought about dropping it.
Do not trust regular mail in Jammun Kashmir, my wife lives in Poonch which is a border region 4 hours from Kashmir. CIC sent my wife's original high school diploma back after revieweing it on OCT 2nd and it's November 11th and we haven't received it. His cousin can pick it up, there is a form that your husband has to sign making him i charge of delivering and picking up the passport.CIC uses dhl for passport delivery, so your husband can get it delivered to Jammu instead of Kashmir. And the package also has SMS updates so you would be able to get progress of the package. Check out the vfs website.. that's the Cic trusted passport delivery.

Nick997

Apr 6, 2015
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 march 2016
AOR Received.
20 april 2016
Med's Request
Pre medical
Got my pp back with visa. Send it on 9 nov. and get it back on 11.

Anu000

Sep 26, 2016
Hello friends,

I am new to this forum. I'm applying for my spouse's PR(Principal Applicant). I have two questions...
Question 1: Is it mandatory to do "self attestation' on all the photocopies like passport copies and other documents ?
Question 2: Do we have to attach the principal applicant's (wife) education and Experience letters?

Response is much appreciated .... Thanks in advance ....

PaulU

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-March-2016
AOR Received.
15-April-2016
File Transfer...
22-April-2016, AOR2 @ NDVO on 2-May-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
background check - Nov 06 2016
Rainasar said:
When did your background check go into progress
Congrats Harkiran & Keplar.

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Keplar said:
Feb 17th Applicant - Decision made on both sides. :)
Hey KEPLAR,

Congrats on the DM, when did your background check start?

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Rainasar said:
Do not trust regular mail in Jammun Kashmir, my wife lives in Poonch which is a border region 4 hours from Kashmir. CIC sent my wife's original high school diploma back after revieweing it on OCT 2nd and it's November 11th and we haven't received it. His cousin can pick it up, there is a form that your husband has to sign making him i charge of delivering and picking up the passport.CIC uses dhl for passport delivery, so your husband can get it delivered to Jammu instead of Kashmir. And the package also has SMS updates so you would be able to get progress of the package. Check out the vfs website.. that's the Cic trusted passport delivery.
What form does he need to fill out? It would be much easier for his cousin to pick up the passport and just send it on the plane where my husband can pick it up right at the airport.

Is it just simply the use of representative form?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

If so, does he fill it out and drop it to CIC or VFS Global before he leaves Delhi? And then his cousin is authorized to pick up the passport?

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
Anu000 said:
Hello friends,

I am new to this forum. I'm applying for my spouse's PR(Principal Applicant). I have two questions...
Question 1: Is it mandatory to do "self attestation' on all the photocopies like passport copies and other documents ?
Question 2: Do we have to attach the principal applicant's (wife) education and Experience letters?

Response is much appreciated .... Thanks in advance ....
Question1. No, you do not have to self attest any photocopies. Where did you read about self attestation?
Question2. No, Education or Experience documents are required

I applied for my husband and I did not include any of his education or work documents, neither i got any of the documents attested.

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
AOR 1 on 17th APRIL 2016, AOR 2nd MAY 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
Rainasar said:
When did your background check go into progress
BG check inprocess date was 4th same as yours according to his previous post...

So this weekend will bring about happiness for all of us...