Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
Key Highlights 2017 Immigration Levels Plan
The Government of Canada is maintaining its commitment to a strong immigration program and will welcome 300,000 immigrants in 2017.

Immigration plays an important role in keeping Canada competitive in a global economy. It helps offset the impacts of an aging population and the fact that the number of people in Canada’s labour force will soon be in decline. In fact, immigration will soon account for all net labour force growth as the number of retirements outpaces the number of Canadian youth joining the labour market. For these reasons, the Government has established 300,000 as a new baseline for permanent resident admissions with the majority of these selected as economic immigrants.

Within this plan, the number of permanent residents selected in economic programs will increase. Though planned admissions of resettled refugees will decrease when compared to the extraordinary target in 2016, they will continue to remain among the highest in Canada’s history and will be more than double the target in 2015. Maintaining the Government’s commitment to family reunification, the 2017 plan also sees an increase to family class levels, which will help to reduce processing times and reunite more families.

Overall, the plan balances high immigration levels with improvements to the immigration system, including reducing backlogs.

The approach to the 2017 levels plan was guided by feedback from Canadians gathered over the summer months and from provinces and territories.

Immigration class 2016 target 2017 target
Economic
Includes applicants and accompanying family members in federal programs in the Express Entry system; the Provincial Nominee Program; business immigrants; caregivers; and skilled workers and business immigrants selected by Quebec 160,600 172,500

Family
Includes sponsored spouses, partners and children and parents and grandparents 80,000 84,000

Refugees and Protected Persons
Includes both resettled refugees (government assisted and privately sponsored) as well as protected persons who become permanent residents 55,800 40,000
Humanitarian and Compassionate and Other
Includes persons selected on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, for reasons of public policy and in the Permit Holder Class. 3,600 3,500
TOTAL 300,000 300,000

shminhas

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
08-26-2016
Med's Request
Remedical Jan 27/2017
Med's Done....
Jan 6 /2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM -Feb 9/2017 ..... PPR Feb13/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted march 7. Received passport with visa march 10
LANDED..........
March 13-2017
farazkapadia said:
Key Highlights 2017 Immigration Levels Plan
The Government of Canada is maintaining its commitment to a strong immigration program and will welcome 300,000 immigrants in 2017.

Immigration plays an important role in keeping Canada competitive in a global economy. It helps offset the impacts of an aging population and the fact that the number of people in Canada’s labour force will soon be in decline. In fact, immigration will soon account for all net labour force growth as the number of retirements outpaces the number of Canadian youth joining the labour market. For these reasons, the Government has established 300,000 as a new baseline for permanent resident admissions with the majority of these selected as economic immigrants.

Within this plan, the number of permanent residents selected in economic programs will increase. Though planned admissions of resettled refugees will decrease when compared to the extraordinary target in 2016, they will continue to remain among the highest in Canada’s history and will be more than double the target in 2015. Maintaining the Government’s commitment to family reunification, the 2017 plan also sees an increase to family class levels, which will help to reduce processing times and reunite more families.

Overall, the plan balances high immigration levels with improvements to the immigration system, including reducing backlogs.

The approach to the 2017 levels plan was guided by feedback from Canadians gathered over the summer months and from provinces and territories.

Immigration class 2016 target 2017 target
Economic
Includes applicants and accompanying family members in federal programs in the Express Entry system; the Provincial Nominee Program; business immigrants; caregivers; and skilled workers and business immigrants selected by Quebec 160,600 172,500

Family
Includes sponsored spouses, partners and children and parents and grandparents 80,000 84,000

Refugees and Protected Persons
Includes both resettled refugees (government assisted and privately sponsored) as well as protected persons who become permanent residents 55,800 40,000
Humanitarian and Compassionate and Other
Includes persons selected on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, for reasons of public policy and in the Permit Holder Class. 3,600 3,500
TOTAL 300,000 300,000

Thanks for sharing

raj.nnrps

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
☄Mississauga/Singapore
App. Filed.......
☄Apr 28, 2016
AOR Received.
☄May 19, 2016 / SA Received :☄June 27, 2016
File Transfer...
☄June 29, 2016 / AOR2 Received :☄June 30, 2016 / CSQ Applied :☄July 6, 2016 / CSQ Issuied :☄Aug 31, 2016
Med's Done....
☄Mar 29, 2016 (Upfront) / Asked for PCC : ☄Oct 31, 2016 / PCC Delivered : ☄Nov 9, 2016 /☄ Decision Made: Nov 17, 2016
Interview........
☄ waived
Passport Req..
NOV 18, 2016 / Submitted PP: Dec 11,2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 22,2016 (Received PP on JAN 11,2017)
LANDED..........
☄MAR 12, 2017
Hi gyz,

I just got an e-mail from Singapore asked me to send Police clearance Certificate of UK and India as i was in London and India for about 4 yrs in each Country.I have submitted BD PCC with the application.
However, I already have the other two PCC from each country with me.

So my question here:

> Postal address of Singapore to send my PCC ?
> Should i include any additional paper to write my CASE Details (Sponsor & Sponsored person name, Case number, UCI etc.) or Can i just mention it on the envelop of my parcel ?
> How soon do they start processing after getting the required DOC they are asking for ?

Thanks in advance and i really apprecialte if u gyz cud help me with the above questions in details.

Best of luck everybody and looking forward to see loads of good news.

Nishakat

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016, Doc's submitted: 28-08-2016
AOR Received.
19-04-2016: AOR2 Received: 17-05-2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2016, Passport sent : 10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Received passport with visa stamp and COPR: 14-10-2016
LANDED..........
04-11-2016
rashu268 said:
Yup.

Amazing part it was approved in 52 hours.
I filed online visitor on 19th Oct 10.20 PM EST. The approval letter came on 22 OCT 2 Am EST.
She deposited passport on MOnday and was sent back on Friday.

Considering this, I strongly believe your PR's eligibility has a strong influence on visitor visas
Hello, I am sharing my experience about the TRV, as I was applied for TRV on September 27th and I didnt get any update on TRV for almost 2 weeks. However, I got my PR approval on October 7th. and two days after, on October 10th, I received an email from Chandigrah VO (CHADGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) which i am sharing here below:

"Dear Applicant,

Kindly be advised that since your permanent resident application of Canada under spousal category has been approved.

Please give your in principal approval to withdraw your temporary resident visa application No. VXXXXXXXXXX by replying to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section"
I think TRV VO always check our PR application status with NDVO and make decision accordingly. Thanks/

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Nishakat said:
Hello, I am sharing my experience about the TRV, as I was applied for TRV on September 27th and I didnt get any update on TRV for almost 2 weeks. However, I got my PR approval on October 7th. and two days after, on October 10th, I received an email from Chandigrah VO (CHADGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) which i am sharing here below:

"Dear Applicant,

Kindly be advised that since your permanent resident application of Canada under spousal category has been approved.

Please give your in principal approval to withdraw your temporary resident visa application No. VXXXXXXXXXX by replying to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section"
I think TRV VO always check our PR application status with NDVO and make decision accordingly. Thanks/
Congrats, wow thats awesome that your have received the PPR approval in time and yes when u fill out the form for TRV you have to mention your UCI and then they are linked internally (i assume) and its nice that they checked.

Congrats once again and all the best

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
raj.nnrps said:
Hi gyz,

I just got an e-mail from Singapore asked me to send Police clearance Certificate of UK and India as i was in London and India for about 4 yrs in each Country.I have submitted BD PCC with the application.
However, I already have the other two PCC from each country with me.

So my question here:

> Postal address of Singapore to send my PCC ?
> Should i include any additional paper to write my CASE Details (Sponsor & Sponsored person name, Case number, UCI etc.) or Can i just mention it on the envelop of my parcel ?
> How soon do they start processing after getting the required DOC they are asking for ?

Thanks in advance and i really apprecialte if u gyz cud help me with the above questions in details.

Best of luck everybody and looking forward to see loads of good news.
Hope this helps in your quest;

1. General: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, all i could find is the email address and no postal address, call CIC on 1-888-242-2100 to get that specific info.

2. Yes its best to attach a post it note on the all individual documents with the UCI number, application number and if it belongs to the PA then his or her first and last name. Pin them or staple them together if possible and yes also make sure that the same information is mentioned on the envelopes also. Here redundancy is good.

3. That's a million dollar question, no one knows but we can only speculate that if and when they receive it they will add those documents to the original file and proceed from that point onwards.

Good luck.

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
Hey guys is the news of John McCallum visiting india is true ? I didn't find any posts or news confirming that..

Ssingh12345

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2016
File Transfer...
06/04/2016
sadcanadianpr said:
Hey guys is the news of John McCallum visiting india is true ? I didn't find any posts or news confirming that..
yes he is coming to India November 5 to 10 and he will visit Chandigharh and New Delhi visa office

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hotprodigy said:
Yes, i just saw...so I know I am strictly following you now :p
Hopefully if all goes well, will get my visa after yours.
You have mentioned File Transfer: in AUg What does that means?
Yes, we have a very similar timeline and we will get Visas in a few days difference one after the other as soon as they start working on it.
File transfer in Aug means file was transferred over to NDVO for further work to be done.

And i also have a question that are you able to link your application on the GC account?

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
RobbieS said:
Yes, we have a very similar timeline and we will get Visas in a few days difference one after the other as soon as they start working on it.
File transfer in Aug means file was transferred over to NDVO for further work to be done.

And i also have a question that are you able to link your application on the GC account?
Hey Robbie, can you please share the details of your visa application? My wife is currently not working in India and I would also like to apply for the visa. I'm a similar timeline as your's.

kiranjeetu

Oct 17, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 27 2016, AOR2: Aug 17 2016
File Transfer...
Aug 04 2016
Med's Done....
May 06 2016
Interview........
Not Required. DM: Feb 11 2017
Passport Req..
Waiting...
I am June 2016 applicant and present file is pending with NDVO. I want to update on my latest travel information with NDVO and what is the way to update? Please can someone help me on this.

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife got her passport back with TRV.
Multiple entry visa valid till 2025.

I hope we get PPR soon as we are stuck in background check

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
akhirti said:
Hey Robbie, can you please share the details of your visa application? My wife is currently not working in India and I would also like to apply for the visa. I'm a similar timeline as your's.

Hey Bro, I think you assumed that i have applied for TRV. I am just waiting for the answer on PR application. I have not applied for TRV. :)

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......