TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Pitt1234 said:
That may not be a good option in case he actually needs to use the insurance. Taking insurance from a non-Canadian provider may force him to pay all costs upfront in Canada and claim reimbursement of bills from his Indian insurance company, which in my opinion is quite painful (and rarely do companies reimburse in full). Although, everything depends on the cost and the level of risk he is willing to take.
You have a point

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New week new hope. I hope to hear good news. Background check in process since 10 days

Simreet

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Hope NDVO shows some movement today, Happy Monday guys :)

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Simreet said:
Hope NDVO shows some movement today, Happy Monday guys :)
All the best guys.........hope for the best to all

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Pari123 said:
All sponsors file will be processed in Mississauga and then file is transferred to country of origin. So if applicant is from India it will be transferred to NDVO and processing time will be from India i.e 18 months and not from Canada. If someone is from Philippines Sponsor will submit their file is in Mississauga but processing time will be as per Philippines not Canada. This is very simple to understand
You are not reading the CIC page. It's asking the SPONSOR where THEY applied from and who THEY sponsored. It's not asking the applicant.
ALL applications (if sponsor is in Canada) are submitted to Ontario and from there, the applicant's file is sent to NDVO.
There USED to be a separate slot to select the visa office in the location of the applicant, but since the applications can now be moved around the globe, and not necessarily sent to the country of the applicant, it no longer matters. The estimate given is a GLOBAL estimate. Not for NDVO.
If you select India in the last box, then what it thinks is that the sponsor is living in India with the applicant. That takes longer because the sponsor's application now has to be processed in India as well instead of in Canada. See below from CIC website:

click for full size: https://s9.postimg.org/fpi96wsyn/000222.jpg

I hope that made sense. 13 Months is the correct estimate, no matter what country the applicant is in because the country no longer matters. It only matters if the sponsor is living outside Canada now.

If the sponsor lives in Canada, and the applicant is in India, you select CANADA in the last box - NOT India. Or else the system will think that the sponsor is in India. It's not asking what country the applicant is in. If you notice the language, its asking from the sponsor's perspective. Who the SPONSOR sponsored, and where the SPONSOR submitted the application.

THIS IS FROM CIC when I called them in Canada. They explained the estimates on the phone to me!

13 Months is the correct estimate. See the below. It KNOWS the applicant is outside Canada. It is not estimating thinking the applicant is inside Canada. It says right in the results box! You can see its asking the sponsor where the sponsor applied from.

click for full size: https://s9.postimg.org/hil5v8e5b/00001111.jpg

However, I doubt CIC are keeping within that as many are over that estimate now.

kaprabhj21

May 12, 2016
T.J. said:
Also if you can share with us What additional documents did you submit about your visit ?
It was copy of my boarding passes and ticket and pictures of us like where ever we went trelatives and family get togethers when i came to canada i mailed them everything through a courier

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
For those folks who have just joined in (and the ones who haven't done it yet, some old timers ;)) and have crossed more than 10 posts, please share your timeline in the Profile section. It makes it easier to reply to a post or a query and we all know how things are progressing.

I don't think this is too much of an ask

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
AOR 1 on 17th APRIL 2016, AOR 2nd MAY 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
HarkiranKaur said:
You are not reading the CIC page. It's asking the SPONSOR where THEY applied from and who THEY sponsored. It's not asking the applicant.
ALL applications (if sponsor is in Canada) are submitted to Ontario and from there, the applicant's file is sent to NDVO.
There USED to be a separate slot to select the visa office in the location of the applicant, but since the applications can now be moved around the globe, and not necessarily sent to the country of the applicant, it no longer matters. The estimate given is a GLOBAL estimate. Not for NDVO.
If you select India in the last box, then what it thinks is that the sponsor is living in India with the applicant. That takes longer because the sponsor's application now has to be processed in India as well instead of in Canada. See below from CIC website:

click for full size: https://s9.postimg.org/fpi96wsyn/000222.jpg

I hope that made sense. 13 Months is the correct estimate, no matter what country the applicant is in because the country no longer matters. It only matters if the sponsor is living outside Canada now.

If the sponsor lives in Canada, and the applicant is in India, you select CANADA in the last box - NOT India. Or else the system will think that the sponsor is in India. It's not asking what country the applicant is in. If you notice the language, its asking from the sponsor's perspective. Who the SPONSOR sponsored, and where the SPONSOR submitted the application.

THIS IS FROM CIC when I called them in Canada. They explained the estimates on the phone to me!

13 Months is the correct estimate. See the below. It KNOWS the applicant is outside Canada. It is not estimating thinking the applicant is inside Canada. It says right in the results box! You can see its asking the sponsor where the sponsor applied from.

click for full size: https://s9.postimg.org/hil5v8e5b/00001111.jpg

However, I doubt CIC are keeping within that as many are over that estimate now.
It's not like that it always about in which country your file is transferred for to evaluation of principle applicant...the country from where you apply means its always reffered for principle applicant not for the sponsor so it's 18 monts for India..

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
mywifemylife said:
It's not like that it always about in which country your file is transferred for to evaluation of principle applicant...the country from where you apply means its always reffered for principle applicant not for the sponsor so it's 18 monts for India..
Actually it is like that. It's asking the sponsor not the applicant. It used to ask about the applicant but now the applicants file might not even end up being processed in the applicants country anymore. Read the note from CIC I attached from December. It was changed.

If it was asking for the applicant it would not ask right before it who YOU sponsored. It's directed at the sponsor not the applicant. This is from CIC they verified this by phone. 13 is the estimate.

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
HarkiranKaur said:
Actually it is like that. It's asking the sponsor not the applicant. It used to ask about the applicant but now the applicants file might not even end up being processed in the applicants country anymore. Read the note from CIC I attached from December. It was changed.

If it was asking for the applicant it would not ask right before it who YOU sponsored. It's directed at the sponsor not the applicant. This is from CIC they verified this by phone. 13 is the estimate.
Hi HarkiranKaur,

As much of what you are saying seems logical, that is not how the time frames are seen by CIC and this has been confirmed by numerous applicants who are over the posted timelines as well (me included) and have been reportedly told by CIC and MPs and web inquiries to CIC in Ontario and New Delhi that the posted timeline is 19 months or 18 months in today's case. It is just a perspective thing I suppose. Another perspective could also be that since you are under the category for sponsoring spouse outside Canada, the web form question is obviously intended to know where your spouse is living because when you're under the sponsoring spouse outside Canada category, it is clear that you are in Canada (as a PR or a citizen) otherwise you cannot sponsor someone outside Canada. So therefore, it becomes important to know where the applicant is residing or a citizen of so it is easier for them to decide where to send the file. Guaranteed on their website they say they move files globally, but do they really? They say a lot of things on their website including the posted average time it takes but how much of it is actually true? Everything they say or post is a "politically correct" response and it changes as per their convenience. But anyway, the way you're looking at it is not right...it will be the visa office that the file gets transferred to after it leaves Ontario.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
priya_7 said:
Hi HarkiranKaur,

As much of what you are saying seems logical, that is not how the time frames are seen by CIC and this has been confirmed by numerous applicants who are over the posted timelines as well (me included) and have been reportedly told by CIC and MPs and web inquiries to CIC in Ontario and New Delhi that the posted timeline is 19 months or 18 months in today's case. It is just a perspective thing I suppose. Another perspective could also be that since you are under the category for sponsoring spouse outside Canada, the web form question is obviously intended to know where your spouse is living because when you're under the sponsoring spouse outside Canada category, it is clear that you are in Canada (as a PR or a citizen) otherwise you cannot sponsor someone outside Canada. So therefore, it becomes important to know where the applicant is residing or a citizen of so it is easier for them to decide where to send the file. Guaranteed on their website they say they move files globally, but do they really? They say a lot of things on their website including the posted average time it takes but how much of it is actually true? Everything they say or post is a "politically correct" response and it changes as per their convenience. But anyway, the way you're looking at it is not right...it will be the visa office that the file gets transferred to after it leaves Ontario.
The answe I got was not my own way of looking at it. It was confirmed by CIC themselves. It was CIC who told me that was how the page is set up now. Because though you might be in India, your application might end up in a different country. And yes if I as sponsor was living outside Canada yes I can very much sponsor someone. As a Canadian citizen I am entitled. But CIC make sure you will reestablish roots so that's why it takes longer.

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
HarkiranKaur said:
The answe I got was not my own way of looking at it. It was confirmed by CIC themselves. It was CIC who told me that was how the page is set up now. Because though you might be in India, your application might end up in a different country. And yes if I as sponsor was living outside Canada yes I can very much sponsor someone. As a Canadian citizen I am entitled. But CIC make sure you will reestablish roots so that's why it takes longer.
Actually I am living in Canada and sponsored my husband who lives in NZ and yet I have been told by CIC and MPs that we fall under the Country India for processing times as my husband is still an Indian national. And that we would not be entertained for any questions before the 19 months were over and mind you out file has now crossed 19 months and they still do not answer. So really what I have told u is also told to me by CIC agents and MP office who can directly talk to CIC. Have u requested any info from yourMP regarding ur application? When they do an inquiry they usually send u back an email which gives u the status of ur file and also a line thT says the processing time is ___ months and this application is under the processing times. Maybe that would clear your doubts. Because quite a number of us thought the same thing as you earlier on because we were also told by CIC agents but unfortunately we were all being given wrong info. Rest upto u to do your due diligence and believing what makes sense to u.

Cookie90

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-August-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 27-Sep-2016, AOR2: 03-Nov-2016
IELTS Request
Pre- IELTS in Feb-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 18-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed on 29-March-2017
Med's Done....
25-July-2016 & 28-August-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
BG: 06-April-2017, DM: 07-April-2017, PPR: 10-April-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted to VFS: 11-April-2017
LANDED..........
13-May-2017
Rainasar said:
It depends on which country the principal applicant is a citizen of.. are you the principal applicant?
Yes, I am the principal applicant holding Indian citizenship.

Cookie90

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
30-August-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 27-Sep-2016, AOR2: 03-Nov-2016
IELTS Request
Pre- IELTS in Feb-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 18-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed on 29-March-2017
Med's Done....
25-July-2016 & 28-August-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
BG: 06-April-2017, DM: 07-April-2017, PPR: 10-April-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted to VFS: 11-April-2017
LANDED..........
13-May-2017
jkfrancis said:
Hi cookie 90 looks like we both are in same boat . I am April 20 th applicant. My wife is Indian born and working in Dubai and I applied everything to abudhabi visa office but the reason they transferred my file to ndvo is my wife born in India and holding Indian passport. And I don't see any improvements in the file still now. Let's wait and see
Hello jkfrancis,

Yes, we are apparently in the same boat. So NDVO it is..... Can you share your time line with me. I would like to see how long it has been since you have received AOR2. According to many timelines for 2016, I have noticed a trend of receiving permanent resident around 3 months after receiving AOR2. Are you living in canada or with your wife in dubai?