Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
PaulU said:
Hi All,

I am an newbie here. Here is the timeline for my spousal PR application which is being processed by NDVO. I am a citizen.

File received at CPC-M : March 23, 2016
AOR1 from CPC-M: April 16, 2016
SA: April 21, 2016
AOR2 from NDVO (File transfer to NDVO): May 2, 2016

I have updated the NDVO 2016 spreadsheet under my username "PaulU".

It good to know that applications in 2016 are being processed faster, I hope all you get united with your spouses soon. :)
Welcome PaulU, our timelines are similar hope we hear good news soon :)

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. There are two types of fees which we need to pay. When and how do we pay them?

Do I have to pay bothand then attach receipts with the application package? Please suggest

Muskaan

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
muskaan24 said:
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. There are two types of fees which we need to pay. When and how do we pay them?

Do I have to pay bothand then attach receipts with the application package? Please suggest

Muskaan
It's the application fees and Right to Permanent Residence fees. Yes, pay both of these and print out the payment receipt and send it with the application package. I think the total should come to $1040. If that's not the case, you are missing something. Good luck!

ldzawa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-04-2016
Med's Done....
19-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
August 2016
Looks like I've joined the speedy NDVO crew - status changed to "Decision Made" on the "Permanent Residence Application" side on ECAS this morning - I guess the next step is PPR.
I am flabbergasted and relieved at the same time. We spent more than 4 months putting together a 12-pound package by ourselves. Although we did have a few complexities in our application, we made sure to address them all in detail and we're glad that all the hard work has paid off.

Still got a few questions though:

1. Status remains to be "In Process" on the "Sponsorship Application" side on ECAS - is this normal?

2. Passport submission via VFS to Canadian High Commission - does my spouse have to go in-person to the New Delhi VFS to submit his passport? He lives in a remote area and it'd be good to make travel plans ahead of time.

3. Anyone with experience with name change upon landing in Canada? My husband's culture does not use surnames and I think it might become a problem once he lands in the country so we're thinking that he probably has to adopt my last name at some point.

Thank you all lovely, generous and helpful people! I wish you all the best of luck ;D

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
karankullar said:
It's the application fees and Right to Permanent Residence fees. Yes, pay both of these and print out the payment receipt and send it with the application package. I think the total should come to $1040. If that's not the case, you are missing something. Good luck!
Thanks Karan for the reply. One more question, how can I make this payment? By credit card?

Please share the link for payment. Thank you

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
ldzawa said:
Looks like I've joined the speedy NDVO crew - status changed to "Decision Made" on the "Permanent Residence Application" side on ECAS this morning - I guess the next step is PPR.
I am flabbergasted and relieved at the same time. We spent more than 4 months putting together a 12-pound package by ourselves. Although we did have a few complexities in our application, we made sure to address them all in detail and we're glad that all the hard work has paid off.

Still got a few questions though:

1. Status remains to be "In Process" on the "Sponsorship Application" side on ECAS - is this normal?

2. Passport submission via VFS to Canadian High Commission - does my spouse have to go in-person to the New Delhi VFS to submit his passport? He lives in a remote area and it'd be good to make travel plans ahead of time.

3. Anyone with experience with name change upon landing in Canada? My husband's culture does not use surnames and I think it might become a problem once he lands in the country so we're thinking that he probably has to adopt my last name at some point.

Thank you all lovely, generous and helpful people! I wish you all the best of luck ;D
Hey! Congratulations on getting PPR request. Am really happy for you. :)

1. Yes, it's normal. eCAS is notorious for not being up-to-date, so don't worry. It'll change in some time anyways.

Can't help you with 2 and 3 though.

ravi35

Mar 12, 2016
Just wondering, after you get that visa stamped on your passport and it's returned- how much time do you have until that visa expires? Something happened and my wife my not be able to come for at least a month or 2.

Adiraj123

Mar 30, 2016
ravi35 said:
Just wondering, after you get that visa stamped on your passport and it's returned- how much time do you have until that visa expires? Something happened and my wife my not be able to come for at least a month or 2.
It should be good for 6-8 months

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
muskaan24 said:
Thanks Karan for the reply. One more question, how can I make this payment? By credit card?

Please share the link for payment. Thank you
You need to pay for Sponsoring a spouse and the Right to PR fees. A total of $1040. Kindly make sure you are paying for the right stuff before going ahead with the payment.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
ravi35 said:
It shouldn't be a problem. They usually give you a few months. It's probably going to be till December at least.

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
karankullar said:
You need to pay for Sponsoring a spouse and the Right to PR fees. A total of $1040. Kindly make sure you are paying for the right stuff before going ahead with the payment.
Ok I will double check that.

Do you have link of the website where to make the payment please?

Muskaan

uzmi

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 march 2016
AOR Received.
16 april 2016
File Transfer...
17 may 2016
Med's Done....
12 feb 2016
Passport Req..
12 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
20 September 2016
LANDED..........
15 dec 2016
i'm new to this place, i have a ques how much time will delhi ppl take to process the application further? i got the update saying file forwarded to delhi on 13 may

canadavisa1986

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
Aor1: 31st may 2016
File Transfer...
AOR2/ File transferred to NDVO: July 18th 2016
Med's Done....
upfront in Jan 2016
Interview........
BG check in progress: 10th dec 2016/ DM on 15th Dec 2016
vaibhavxv said:
From what I have been following, the processing has become faster for many applications post Nov & Dec 2015. But there are many applicants from June 2015 still waiting for a decision on their applications.
There are many theories - How strightforward is ur application - that can be based on how complex is ur situation, how much proofs have you provided, is it ur first or second marriage, is ur wife in canada etc..
All of these things are debatable and nobody is sure how they are processing it. Because even as March applicants are getting PPR and DM, still some of Jan and Feb 2016 applicants are waiting on their applications.

So as May applicants, all we can do is wait and watch - and pray everyone's applications gets processed at the earliest
Oh ya I remember "how starightforward is ur application".. We can only speculate about it but nothing concrete.
As u rightly said we ll jus have to wait n see how straightforward are our cases.

Good luck bro.
Nitin