App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
Started processing 13 June 2016
Med's Request
AOR 2: 22-06-2016
I need suggestion from senior members here...My husband's name was changed on his passport(his last name was removed and his middle name was added as last name) and after changing it he did not get a new passport but the correction was done on the same passport and the change was mentioned on the second page of his passport. When i filled my husband's application, I did not use his last name in any of the forms. When recently i got AOR, his name on the email was written as it is on his passport(including last name). I think the VO did not check the correction. Even on ecas, i can access his application using his last name. Now we are worried what if CIC/NDVO complains about the incorrect names in the forms.

could you please explain if we need to call CIC and explain them about the situation? or should I just wait?

Thanks

GoldenboyCA

May 12, 2016
I have a serious question guys because I feel like I am being trolled by either my immigration consultant or this forum. My application was received on feb 9th, 2016. I got my sponsorship approval on april 28th in which they said the file is now being transferred to Delhi. I can see that for most of you, it's saying that the file is being processed or DM. However, for us, it still says the same thing it has said for the last couple of months...
"We received your application for permanent residence on February 9, 2016.
Medical results have been received."

Also under the application status, it says "application received".

I feel like for majority of the people that have written something in this topic, they are much more ahead. When I speak to my consultant, he says that there is no way people from this year are getting anything done cause if they were, the individuals from last year would be suing the government etc etc. Someone PLEASE tell me wtf I should be doing next and if there is anything I can do.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
GoldenboyCA said:
I have a serious question guys because I feel like I am being trolled by either my immigration consultant or this forum. My application was received on feb 9th, 2016. I got my sponsorship approval on april 28th in which they said the file is now being transferred to Delhi. I can see that for most of you, it's saying that the file is being processed or DM. However, for us, it still says the same thing it has said for the last couple of months...
"We received your application for permanent residence on February 9, 2016.
Medical results have been received."

Also under the application status, it says "application received".

I feel like for majority of the people that have written something in this topic, they are much more ahead. When I speak to my consultant, he says that there is no way people from this year are getting anything done cause if they were, the individuals from last year would be suing the government etc etc. Someone PLEASE tell me wtf I should be doing next and if there is anything I can do.
You are fine. You should expect AOR2 and status change to "In process" within next few days (i'd say 5 days). No, people here are not lying. Your consultant is saying so because maybe he hasn't had another client who applied in 2016 and already got DM/PPR.

For now, all you can do is wait. Hopefully, your status changes to In Process in a day or two.

Msran

Apr 27, 2016
sandeepsingh said:
Hi,

Congratulations for the good news!! I am silent follower. I wanted to ask did you apply on your own or did you have a consultant assist you? If you could provide any feedback with respect to how you prepared your file would really help.

thanks in advance
Hello Sandeep

Thank you for you wishes.Yes, I took help from a consultant.

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Vikram18 said:
The passport has a column for W/O. There is no need to replace her father's name but just add your name in W/O column.
Adding your name in her passport is not mandatory. You'll be fine without doing it. Considering the speed of processing from NDVO these days, I would suggest that you don't do it since the application is with NDVO for a very few days and they might not notice the changes. See the above post from d_chahal. Her wife notified the passport change to NDVO and they didn't record it. So if you only want to add your name in her passport, I'd say you are better off without it.

But if you want to change your wife's surname also, then I'd suggest you do it in India before the application is finalized. You'll have to make sure that the copy of the changed passport reaches NDVO between SA and DM. Send it by 2-3 modes of communication. It would be quite some hassle if you would like to change your wife's surname in Canada after the PR card is issued.
Thank you Vikram. We won't make this change, however the address on Indian passport is incorrect for my wife. When is it advisable to have this changed? Since, Canadian immigration only asked for the page showing her passport number, we didn't submit the back of that page, which has the address. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
amit_27 said:
Thank you Vikram. We won't make this change, however the address on Indian passport is incorrect for my wife. When is it advisable to have this changed? Since, Canadian immigration only asked for the page showing her passport number, we didn't submit the back of that page, which has the address. Please advise. Thank you in advance.
The address on the passport doesn't matter. CIC never verifies the address on the passport. You don't have to change it.

ravneet.rav

Jun 17, 2014
T.Rex87 said:
Agree with Vikram.. I would also suggest future applicants who want to add their last name on wife's passport, better do that before sending application to CIC.. don't rush .. Adding last name on wife's passport is one more proof to prove a legal marriage. but it's not mandatory.
my question is any updation is going to affect processing time.as my husband updated my name on his passport n his passport was going to expire in this December.. so that's a reason we are late wd DM/PPR.we are February 10applicant.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
amans2515 said:
I need suggestion from senior members here...My husband's name was changed on his passport(his last name was removed and his middle name was added as last name) and after changing it he did not get a new passport but the correction was done on the same passport and the change was mentioned on the second page of his passport. When i filled my husband's application, I did not use his last name in any of the forms. When recently i got AOR, his name on the email was written as it is on his passport(including last name). I think the VO did not check the correction. Even on ecas, i can access his application using his last name. Now we are worried what if CIC/NDVO complains about the incorrect names in the forms.

could you please explain if we need to call CIC and explain them about the situation? or should I just wait?

Thanks
That's a tricky one. I have never seen different names on the main page and second page of the passport. Looks like CIC considers the name on the main page which in your case is not the actual name of your husband any more.
I'd suggest you create a new thread for this question and let other members also reply.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
ravneet.rav said:
my question is any updation is going to affect processing time.as my husband updated my name on his passport n his passport was going to expire in this December.. so that's a reason we are late wd DM/PPR.we are February 10applicant.
It might cause a delay. Depends how NDVO handles it. Have you already informed NDVO about passport change? You should be more worried about weather NDVO has noted the new passport information. The COPR has passport number on it so if they issue it with the old passport number your husband will not be able to travel on it and will have to get it changed. Try doing a case specific inquiry to confirm. Or ask your MP to check. If you MP office is willing, they can check very easily.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
ravneet.rav said:
if all documents are updated before sending to CIC, then shouldn't be a problem. delays are caused when documents are updated while application is already in the process.

Jas-t

May 6, 2016
Mississuaga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016, AOR2 31-05-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
12 sep 2016
Hi Group.
Anyone submit file in April 2016 receive SA?

canadavisa1986

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
Aor1: 31st may 2016
File Transfer...
AOR2/ File transferred to NDVO: July 18th 2016
Med's Done....
upfront in Jan 2016
Interview........
BG check in progress: 10th dec 2016/ DM on 15th Dec 2016
Dear friends,
I have a general ques: when u send spousal sponsorship application to missisauga is there any name under person who accepted the mail.

Reason i am asking is coz i sent the application which was delivered on 10th may but no name of person who accepted it.

Is this normal or something wrong.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Komal1331

Mar 12, 2016
My case is really complicated, PR filed- Jan 4,2016. AOR 1 and AOR 2 Received. Meanwhile I applied for a TRV, and it accused me of misrepresentation, apparently they happened to call on my office's reception and the receptionist was away and so a field boy said that he didn't know anyone of my name working there. With all possible proofs I filed my misrepresentation explanation and it has been two months I have no reply from them, just a missed on my cell phone which I missed, I was in washroom (bad luck) and then it has been more than a month since that call, no response from them. Nothing.

Anyone of the same problem? Or should I expect Canada isn't for me.
P.S.- I am a New Zealand P.R.
Thanks