+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADA

HKC

May 25, 2016
Need to see whether John McCallum come up with any new information or news for us on 09-Jun-2016 during the following Parliamentary Business / House of Commons Committee Meetings

Notice of meeting
Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration (CIMM)
42nd Parliament, 1st Session

Meeting No. 19
Thursday, June 9, 2016, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Room 253-D, Centre Block
Televised

Supplementary Estimates (A) 2016-17: Votes 1a and 10a under Citizenship and Immigration :: Appearing -> Hon. John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Canada's 2016 Immigration Levels Plan :: Appearing -> Hon. John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Red1992 said:
Hi all please help.
I am sponsoring wife and no other additional dependents.
So in document check list for number 19, if you must meet the minimum necessary income reuirement......
Do I need to check any box and provide documents?

I am attaching my recent notice of assessment and T4 just as supporting documents. Do I need to check any box here?
Thank you,
No, number 19 is not applicable to you. Don't check any box and write NA above the first box of number 19. Make sure you do write NA against the checklist items which are not applicable to you.

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Vikram18 said:
No, number 19 is not applicable to you. Don't check any box and write NA above the first box of number 19. Make sure you do write NA against the checklist items which are not applicable to you.
Thanks so much

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Vikram18 said:
Hey Guys!
I read the below post on another thread. Thought of sharing it here. Below is the thread where it was posted originally:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-manila-visa-office-philippines-spousefamily-timeline-t325837.4455.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone.I had dinner with a friend i knew she worked for immigration Canada but just found out she lived in Toronto recently via a search on facebook.So we went out for dinner to catch up.I knew her from Nova Scotia years ago.
So i did quiz her a lot,and got a lot of ansewrs to everything i asked but the most interesting was,when i asked her about why it takes such a long time for some more than others in the same office and both have pretty straight forward apps.
Like i have been saying for a bit about the revisit date was the biggest thing.She said each office gives different revisit dates.One office might give a two week date other offices a month date.So if you are wondering why your ap is taking longer than someone elses but you both applied around the same time at the same visa office.Her answer was if one applicant forgot one document,and the visa office has to send a request for that document,they send the letter and put the file back in the file cabinet with a revisit date,two weeks to a month.When they look in the computer to see whos app is next,it pops up a file number and go get that file to proceed on it.So if your revist date is June 30th and the IO goes into the computer on June 30th your file number pops up,it says docs requested then the IO looks to see if the docs are now in the file.They examine the docs,if it is a medical redue they have to get the results from the medical office just like they did the first time.If it is a new police report they have to send it to the security office that does the police reports and wait back for the results.So now again your file goes into the file cabinet again with a new revisit date to wait for the results from the medical office or the security office.
So you can see why it takes longer for some than others.I told her well thats where Mississauga is not doing their job at all.Because they are the ones who are suppose to check to see if all is in the app before it goes to the visa office correct?Well thats not all that true either.Mississauga checks to see if the key points are signed by parties and if the app includes the pages that are suppose to be there.And they check to make sure fees are paid.
She said if Mississauga was to check each page of every app it would be 6 months before it was sent to the visa office.
And of course she said marriages of convienece are more proned from certain countries than others hense the different process times.And security checks take longer in some offices than others as they out source that part.
I ask what was th emain reason for refusals,she said not enough proof,she said even if you went to another country to get married and you had to leave not long after the marriage take a lot of pictures in the time you do have,of everything,even if you went to the mall together snap photos of it.They want to see you doing things together no mater how small it is.If you go for dinner,snap pictures of you eating together,if your on a bus in a car snap pictures.
I asked if they read emails and look at the photos,read letters,she said that is one of the biggest and most time consuming part.They do read your emails,they do read letters from family and friends,and for contact after the wedding,cards for holidays birthdays,and what ever else.They want to see emails that you are still talking after the marriage.
There was so much more but i could type for days.
But the main thing was to find out why apps take longer than others.
I hope this helps some people who are wondering why someone on here has got their PPR and you didnt but you applied with in days of eachother in the same visa office.
Thank you so much for this...
Nice Job dr,

That makes me think that if the medical (upfront) is going to expire then we should have to take remedical on own, so that medical centre can update to medical department and when IO will look for it, they can find it valid till date?

As per my guess.

Put your comments please.

Thank you.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
HKC said:
Need to see whether John McCallum come up with any new information or news for us on 09-Jun-2016 during the following Parliamentary Business / House of Commons Committee Meetings

Notice of meeting
Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration (CIMM)
42nd Parliament, 1st Session

Meeting No. 19
Thursday, June 9, 2016, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Room 253-D, Centre Block
Televised

Supplementary Estimates (A) 2016-17: Votes 1a and 10a under Citizenship and Immigration :: Appearing -> Hon. John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Canada's 2016 Immigration Levels Plan :: Appearing -> Hon. John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Thank you so much for this...
Nice Job.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
just checked ecas ,i can only access pa side though and second line has been updated and it says medical results received. ;D

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
In Process: 29 July, 2016
AOR Received.
AoR1 on 14-06-2016, AoR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by mid December 2016
Hi buddies,
My spouse is the applicant from Nepal. The application processing time for Nepal shows 10 months. Does it apply to her or the application processing time from Canada, from where I have submitted all the documents including my sponsor application, i.e 17 months, is applied to our case?? I am confused. Since there is no Visa Office in Nepal, her case is looked after by New Delhi Visa Office. For India, it is 19 months to complete the case. So, which of the processing time may be applied on our case?

Thanks

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
bishista1 said:
Hi buddies,
My spouse is the applicant from Nepal. The application processing time for Nepal shows 10 months. Does it apply to her or the application processing time from Canada, from where I have submitted all the documents including my sponsor application, i.e 17 months, is applied to our case?? I am confused. Since there is no Visa Office in Nepal, her case is looked after by New Delhi Visa Office. For India, it is 19 months to complete the case. So, which of the processing time may be applied on our case?

Thanks
technically according to cic processing time for ndvo is 19 month but it has been observed for the last few months that ndvo finalises application in less than an year or before. ty

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
johnybegood said:
technically according to cic processing time for ndvo is 19 month but it has been observed for the last few months that ndvo finalises application in less than an year or before. ty
Thank you for response. If they deal as per the time stated for NDVO, why should they state separate time frame for the applicants to Nepal?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
bishista1 said:
Thank you for response. If they deal as per the time stated for NDVO, why should they state separate time frame for the applicants to Nepal?
i am not sure about Nepal applicants how they being treated at ndvo
19 month is the average time ndvo takes to finalize most of the application
it depends on individual applications

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
bishista1 said:
Hi buddies,

Thanks
ndvo treats nepali and bhutanese applicants differently.I guess there are certain officers allocated by ircc in ndvo who only looks at nepal and bhutan files. I received my pr in 5 months back in 2012 and at the same time majority of indian applicants received their pr in 10-14 months.

ndvo recently reduced processing times for nepalese applicants from 17 months to first 14 months and then 12 months and now it currently stands at 10 months which is definitely a biggest good news for all nepalese folks.

I am also about to apply for spousal sponsorhip by june 10. good luck to you bro.

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
ndvo treats nepali and bhutanese applicants differently.I guess there are certain officers allocated by ircc in ndvo who only looks at nepal and bhutan files. I received my pr in 5 months back in 2012 and at the same time majority of indian applicants received their pr in 10-14 months.

ndvo recently reduced processing times for nepalese applicants from 17 months to first 14 months and then 12 months and now it currently stands at 10 months which is definitely a biggest good news for all nepalese folks.

I am also about to apply for spousal sponsorhip by june 10. good luck to you bro.
Thank you bro! Sounds like something good happens for the Nepalese applicants, may be because of the last year's massive earthquakes too. Wish you all the best for speedy finalization of your process.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello. I'm just curious to know how many people sent in their application without doing the upfront medical? My husband who is the pa and I (the sponsor) were debating to do the medical in advance and send it in with the application but last minute changed our minds and decided to do it when Cic requests it. Now I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea as it could delay the processing of the application. Anyone else in our shoes? Now I am having conflicting details whether or not to do the medical now or to wait. I'm still confused!!

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hi, My wife has sent wrong size photographs by mistake. Should I wait until they ask for the new ones or should I send them now? I mailed my application yesterday.
Please suggest,
Thank you,

Mohit2777

Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-APR-2016
AOR Received.
26-APR-2016
Med's Done....
JUNE-2016
Passport Req..
NOT YET
rambopg said:
Yes, you should do your up-front medical NOW.

The way to send it is via courier writing a cover letter with your name, app#, UCI# and DOB.

You can also send it via Case specific inquiry.

If you don't submit your medical now and wait for them to ask you for it then it will DEFINITELY DELAY YOUR FILE for a few months.

Also, I have heard that they are trying to clear all the backlog by August. After that they might slow their process down to 6 month processing times. Currently for 2016 applicants it is like 2-3 month processing.

I did not do medical upfront and Now as you suggested I am trying to go for medical before they request it.... But I can not find form IMM 1017E as it is mentioned on CIC website...."the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form"

Can you please guide me how to do this medical now...and what documents I have to take to Doctor....I can't understand the exact process of doing it in-between the application. FYI- I just received AOR2 today