20-12-2015
Passport Req..
20-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Hello,

I received my Passport Request last week. For the stamping, I have to be in either Canada for atleast 3 months or be in India and send it from there.

However, I'm in USA on a work visa which is expiring on June 12, 2016. I have applied for an extension which is under processing. So, I cannot travel in the meantime.

Additionally, I have to submit the passport before June 24, 2016. Is there a way out of this? Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks.

uzmi

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 march 2016
AOR Received.
16 april 2016
File Transfer...
17 may 2016
Med's Done....
12 feb 2016
Passport Req..
12 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
20 September 2016
LANDED..........
15 dec 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
My wife finally received her COPR and Passport from Ottawa today. Ottawa took 3 weeks to stamp and send her passport back. Planning to do flag-poling at rainbow bridge over this weekend. ;D ;D ;D
CONGRATS!!!! :)

Harps111

May 12, 2016
Hello everyone
Here is a problem can anyone help me. My DM done a month ago. I just find out my agent give wrong email id. So anyone can help what should I do now.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Harps111 said:
Hello everyone
Here is a problem can anyone help me. My DM done a month ago. I just find out my agent give wrong email id. So anyone can help what should I do now.
Contact your MP asap. Tell him your problem and ask to check with NDVO if they can re-send to another email address. Also find out when did they sent the PPR. The deadline to submit the passport might be very close.
Also, ask you agent to update NDVO with his correct email through case specific inquiry. You agent should also send an email to NDVO mentioning the issue with the email id and giving the correct one and requesting to re-send PPR.
Do all of these actions. Don't rely on just one.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
BlessedPheonix said:
Hello,

I received my Passport Request last week. For the stamping, I have to be in either Canada for atleast 3 months or be in India and send it from there.

However, I'm in USA on a work visa which is expiring on June 12, 2016. I have applied for an extension which is under processing. So, I cannot travel in the meantime.

Additionally, I have to submit the passport before June 24, 2016. Is there a way out of this? Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks.
You need to immediately email CIC with your circumstances and explain in detail why you cannot travel right now. They will look into your request and most probably allow you an extension of deadline to submit passport. If there is any other way, experts can comment here.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
BlessedPheonix said:
Hello,

Thanks.
I am just mentioning what I think you should do. May be others have some better suggestion.

1. Send an email to NDVO mentioning your problem and ask if you can get your passport stamped in US (not very likely that NDVO will respond).

2. Contact your Canadian MP and explain the situation. Ask him if he can talk to NDVO and let you stamp your passport in US (MP can confirm with NDVO if that is a possibility).

If above two doesn't work:
3. Find out a courier service that sends passports. Use them to send your passport to someone in India who can submit and collect on your behalf to VFS. That person will also need an authorization letter to submit and a letter to collect from VFS (risk of getting lost/delayed in international courier).

4. Maybe someone else can travel with your passport to India and get it stamped. Will need authorization letters to submit and collect from VFS.

Btw did you mention your present address as in US?

Harps111

May 12, 2016
Vikram18 said:
Contact your MP asap. Tell him your problem and ask to check with NDVO if they can re-send to another email address. Also find out when did they sent the PPR. The deadline to submit the passport might be very close.
Also, ask you agent to update NDVO with his correct email through case specific inquiry. You agent should also send an email to NDVO mentioning the issue with the email id and giving the correct one and requesting to re-send PPR.
Do all of these actions. Don't rely on just one.
Thank u vikram for helping me.

Jan 10, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2015
Passport Req..
20-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Vikram18 said:
I am just mentioning what I think you should do. May be others have some better suggestion.

1. Send an email to NDVO mentioning your problem and ask if you can get your passport stamped in US (not very likely that NDVO will respond).

2. Contact your Canadian MP and explain the situation. Ask him if he can talk to NDVO and let you stamp your passport in US (MP can confirm with NDVO if that is a possibility).

If above two doesn't work:
3. Find out a courier service that sends passports. Use them to send your passport to someone in India who can submit and collect on your behalf to VFS. That person will also need an authorization letter to submit and a letter to collect from VFS (risk of getting lost/delayed in international courier).

4. Maybe someone else can travel with your passport to India and get it stamped. Will need authorization letters to submit and collect from VFS.

Btw did you mention your present address as in US?
Hello Vikram18,

Thank you so much for your response. I have mentioned that I live in US but have not stated my address. I have already emailed - DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca expaining my situation. I read somewhere that FEDEX does send passports to India. Do you know a template or standard format for authorization letter or know where I can get it from? It would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
BlessedPheonix said:
Hello Vikram18,

Thank you so much for your response. I have mentioned that I live in US but have not stated my address. I have already emailed - DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca expaining my situation. I read somewhere that FEDEX does send passports to India. Do you know a template or standard format for authorization letter or know where I can get it from? It would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.
I don't have a template for authorization letter. You can simply write a couple of lines saying you are authorizing so and so person to submit your passport for your PR application. Similarly another letter to collect. If you want to double check, give a call to VFS India and ask them.

I would strongly suggest you to contact your MP. He can talk to NDVO and check what are you options.

Good luck.

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
T.J. said:
I attached only few receipts too. It's Consultant again. But i attached around 100 pictures showing all events and our outings and even shopping together. I hope they will get the point. :)
I am attaching couple of receipts too. We did lot of shopping but didn't save the receipts actually.
I don't think it is mandatory.

May 1, 2016
BlessedPheonix said:
Hello,

Thanks.
I'm also in a similar situation. I received passport request on May 16th and I need to submit it in New Delhi before June 15th. But I live in Sydney and I had already booked my leaves and tickets for June 16th to travel to India. So I raised a case specific enquiry and also sent email to Delhi Immigration nearly 3 weeks back askibg if I can get it stamped from Sydney Office or whether they can extend the 30 days period. I haven't got any response yet. I called High Commission directly and they said they can't give any information on phone. They asked me to sent an email again with URGENT in the subject line. I did that 3 days back and still haven't heard anything. I might end up changing my tickets and leave next week to India. One mistake I did while raising case specific enquiry was that I did not see the option to select Visa Office. So my request was sent to Canada and after 10 working days they forwarded it to Delhi. So I lost some days there, otherwise I may have heard something from them by now I guess. I read in many places that sending passport overseas is illegal. That's why I didn't take the risk of doing that.

Sorry,this doesn't help you in anyway. But I thought I would share this so that you get an idea of what all I have tried :)

jatin.2016

May 7, 2016
Hey anyone got link for complete info of landing...
What forms to fill and their download links...

I have tried the B4 form link mentioned in this thread..but its says 404 not found ...
Anyone ??

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
jamesthomas111 said:
I'm also in a similar situation. I received passport request on May 16th and I need to submit it in New Delhi before June 15th. But I live in Sydney and I had already booked my leaves and tickets for June 16th to travel to India. So I raised a case specific enquiry and also sent email to Delhi Immigration nearly 3 weeks back askibg if I can get it stamped from Sydney Office or whether they can extend the 30 days period. I haven't got any response yet. I called High Commission directly and they said they can't give any information on phone. They asked me to sent an email again with URGENT in the subject line. I did that 3 days back and still haven't heard anything. I might end up changing my tickets and leave next week to India. One mistake I did while raising case specific enquiry was that I did not see the option to select Visa Office. So my request was sent to Canada and after 10 working days they forwarded it to Delhi. So I lost some days there, otherwise I may have heard something from them by now I guess. I read in many places that sending passport overseas is illegal. That's why I didn't take the risk of doing that.

Sorry,this doesn't help you in anyway. But I thought I would share this so that you get an idea of what all I have tried :)
Did you contact your MP? The reason why I keep asking to contact the MP is because your MP is the only person who can talk directly to NDVO and give you the possible options in like 10 mins (if he/she wants).

I am not sure if sending the passport across borders is a law. I think it is more of a guideline than a law. There is always a risk that it might get lost in the mail and then you are stuck in a foreign country without passport. I have myself sent my passport twice across borders (not Indian border) when I was in Europe. Their mail department have specific service to carry passports. Some courier services also have the same. Don't think it will be illegal if they have such services. May be it varies from country to country. Anyways it should definitely be avoided if possible. I think in a similar way it is not advisable for someone else to carry your passport.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
jatin.2016 said:
Hey anyone got link for complete info of landing...
What forms to fill and their download links...

I have tried the B4 form link mentioned in this thread..but its says 404 not found ...
Anyone ??
The B4 form is now renumbered to BSF186, that's why the old link is not working. Here is the link with complete landing info with the link to the new form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
canadafsw2015 said:
My wife finally received her COPR and Passport from Ottawa today. Ottawa took 3 weeks to stamp and send her passport back. Planning to do flag-poling at rainbow bridge over this weekend. ;D ;D ;D
What is flag poling?