15-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 Sponsor Approval letter received via email
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
sadcanadianpr said:
You can apply for work permit only if you are an inland applicant. Not sure why would he boast about work permit where the out-land applicants are not even eligible.

Another thing is Ottawa is processing in less than 4 months now. It's only NDVO which sucks. I don't understand why can't they just share the common workload if NDVO is really overloaded.
U R NOT ALONE. LONDON VISA OFFICE SUCKS BIG TIME :mad:

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
TORONTO134 said:
U R NOT ALONE. LONDON VISA OFFICE SUCKS BIG TIME :mad:

Apologies :(
I thought it's a NDVO thread. I am not aware of London time lines.
I can feel your pain mate.
:(

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
Hi everyone
Thought of applying for gcms and found where to do it. But I am confused of the forms to be signed and attached.
Tried to find out from the forum but failed to so. Also checked johnybegood's threads but still couldn't find out.
Can anyone please explain about it.
Any help is much appreciated.

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
AOR 1 on 17th APRIL 2016, AOR 2nd MAY 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

You can apply for gcms notes online trough above link..
You need to upload consent form signed by your spouse and your Canadian passport or if you are a Canadian citizen the citizenship card..
In consent form section a should be filled by principle applicant section b is not applicable for spousal sponsorship section c is filled by sponsor..your spouse can signed,scans and email to you you can take print out and signed the same form and upload it..the consent form can also be downloaded from above link..
optimistic candi said:
Hi everyone
Thought of applying for gcms and found where to do it. But I am confused of the forms to be signed and attached.
Tried to find out from the forum but failed to so. Also checked johnybegood's threads but still couldn't find out.
Can anyone please explain about it.
Any help is much appreciated.
Hope it helps..

smily_face

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2016
AOR Received.
Aug 2016
File Transfer...
7 Sep 2016, BG Check started - 21 Feb
Passport Req..
DM - 22 Feb, PPR - 27 Feb
Happy Diwali Guys !!

May GOD bless health, wealth & happiness to all here & to their families as well.

Have a lovely year ahead.

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-10-2016; Additional Doc's submitted: 10-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 18-03-2016; SA: 23-03-2016
File Transfer...
AOR 2: 04-04-2016
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
Happy Diwali to everyone on this forum. Play safe and enjoy to the fullest.

Wish days after Diwali will bring lots of good news to eveybody.

Good luck guys!!

ShaliVin

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2016
ADITYA VASHISHTHA said:
Happy Diwali to everyone on this forum. Play safe and enjoy to the fullest.

Wish days after Diwali will bring lots of good news to eveybody.

Good luck guys!!
Happy Diwali to everyone :)

May2016

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-06-2016 AOR2 : 02-08-2016
Med's Done....
12-05-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
LANDED..........
Per my Convenience.... :)
It's Diwali and few of us away from our loved one's

No clue what is happening at Immigration front but visa officers needs to be empathical..... Can't digest this "almost" no movement. I am not saying get my file processed with priority but atleast keep processing file's with a consistent pace so that our hopes are up

Anyways...Happy Diwali guys and hopefully we all will be through soon

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
suji21 said:
For Immigration minister:
john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca
bmq@cic.gc.ca

For Prime minister:
Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca
PM@pm.gc.ca

And you could copy your minister as well and you can find their contacts from http://www.parl.gc.ca/parliamentarians/en/members
Thanks a lot for sharing this, i am working towards sending them email

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
suji21 said:
This is what we wrote....

Dear Honorable IRCC Minister John McCallum,

​The information you are about to read is concerning issues faced by a large group of new immigrants who are staying away from their spouse for a very long time, and this circumstance had lead us to face many hardships in our lives which we all feel should never happen to anyone.

A quote from Charles Schulz, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely”, I second this quote however too much of absence is not. Staying away from our loved ones, especially the spouse (the one with whom we are going to spend most of our lifetime together), can be haunting due to emotional mental stress, physical weakness, and sleepless nights as all these succumb to a quality of being unproductive.

I’m not here to represent just myself rather a whole bunch of people who are sailing with me on the same boat. Most of us become permanent residents via various streams (CEC, FSW, PNP) but at that time of application we weren’t married (i.e. a single application), and we all knew that we will be getting married one day and will bring our spouse here, but only later we realized that we had to wait for 19 months for our spouse to be here in Canada. We all can feel each other as we have similar concerns and struggles that we are currently going through.

While we certainly understand that the new government had taken exceptional measures on reducing the processing times which is now less than 6 months for many countries, however, for few countries including India the processing time still remains considerably long and could be attributed to various constraints. Spouse is a spouse, and we all believe that every spouse immigrating to Canada should receive permanent residence immediately, or at least they should receive temporary residence until the final decision on their permanent resident application. The bottom line for most of us here is that we wanted to spend time with our spouse in Canada.

Since this new government has been showing incredible improvements in various sectors and they were also greatly listening to the needs of the people, hence, I would like to check with your office to see if it is possible to arrange an open group discussion with the honorable minister and if so I can gladly gather few people to travel to the respective government office. Our primary motive of this discussion is to understand more about the family spousal sponsorship process, its processing time, and also on the temporary resident visa process for the spouse while the family spousal application is in progress. Other than the processing times, we also would like to bring up some concerns and difficulties that are faced by various applicants throughout the process. I would be able to gather more people if we decided to have this open discussion over a video conferencing call.

We also acknowledge the tremendous efforts, hard work, over time that have been put by you and your team for the past 10 months, and we would like to thank you and your team for performing such a wonderful deed by bringing numerous refugees in no time.

I’m hoping to hear back from the honorable minister at his earliest convenience.

Thank you so much for your time.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following is the response we got from them.....

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX:

I am replying to your correspondence of January 30, 2016 to the Prime Minister and to your emails of July 26, August 18, and September 27, 2016, addressed to the Honourable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning delays in spousal sponsorship.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.

Family Class applicants are assessed under relaxed criteria. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is not inadmissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and common-law or conjugal partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Family reunification is a core government priority. To this end, we have extended the pilot program which gives open work permits to eligible spouses or partners in Canada, whose in-Canada sponsorship applications have already been submitted. This allows applicants to work, provide for their families and contribute to the Canadian economy while waiting for their applications to be processed - 13,500 have taken advantage of this program and the numbers continue to rise (as of Dec. 31, 2015).

The increase in family class levels for 2016 will significantly reduce application inventories in this category. More families will be reunited with an increase in admissions for programs in the Family Class to between 75,000 – 82,000 admissions planned. This is higher than 2015 levels of 63,000 – 68,000 planned admissions.

The 2016 Annual Immigration Levels Plan will reduce the backlog and improve processing times in multiple programs, especially in the Family Class, by processing more applications and admitting 300,000 new permanent residents.

Regrettably, the Minister’s schedule does not allow him to meet with you at this time.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent draft for sending out. I think if we all take sometime and change the matter across this and send out emails respectively, since he doesnt have time to entertain us, would may be / might be taken seriously and they might instruct NVDO to look into this. At the same time, my thought also goes towards the fact that if we all send out emails and flood them with such requests, they might slow us down as well, tracking our emails to the files we submitted or the info we provide by giving out our first and last name.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Because we can only go and call and bug our MPs only so much before irritating them and making them ignore us as well, then it leaves us no where but just to wait and fiddle out thumbs like we are doing now.

shminhas

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
08-26-2016
Med's Request
Remedical Jan 27/2017
Med's Done....
Jan 6 /2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM -Feb 9/2017 ..... PPR Feb13/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted march 7. Received passport with visa march 10
LANDED..........
March 13-2017
Happy Diwali Everyone! Let's hope this Diwali gives us a lot of DMs and PPRs in the coming weeks :p

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
Excellent draft for sending out. I think if we all take sometime and change the matter across this and send out emails respectively, since he doesnt have time to entertain us, would may be / might be taken seriously and they might instruct NVDO to look into this. At the same time, my thought also goes towards the fact that if we all send out emails and flood them with such requests, they might slow us down as well, tracking our emails to the files we submitted or the info we provide by giving out our first and last name.

Because we can only go and call and bug our MPs only so much before irritating them and making them ignore us as well, then it leaves us no where but just to wait and fiddle out thumbs like we are doing now.

I think there is no other way to tell them what a separation means for so long time. Sending at least emails about this will definitely bring some positive measures towards cases in NDVO. If we are not going to raise our concerns we will have to keep waiting till our turn comes.

vj1222

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 14 June 2016 AOR2 02 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
SA 27 july 2016
Med's Done....
15 April 2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
23 jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Looks like after april 18, 2016 no dm's or ppr's (just docs requests etc)

Some post in previous pages saying something like this year limt was reached for family sponserships, is that true????

Or most employees who do final decisions at NDVO are on vacation???? (Since dussera followed by diwali)??

Hopenovember should give answer to this ... staying positive and with hope

Made

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 10 2016
Nomination.....
SA:-May 20 2016
AOR Received.
Aor1 11 May 2016, Aor2 29 May 2016,
File Transfer...
Start to process May 27 2016
Med's Request
Hope not
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015.re Sep 29 2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
vj1222 said:
Looks like after april 18, 2016 no dm's or ppr's (just docs requests etc)

Some post in previous pages saying something like this year limt was reached for family sponserships, is that true????

Or most employees who do final decisions at NDVO are on vacation???? (Since dussera followed by diwali)??

Hopenovember should give answer to this ... staying positive and with hope
18 days since bg check in process .I hope next week we all get ppr mail.