+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADA

Harmanchd

Nov 23, 2014
A019624 said:
Hi Everyone,

Just a small question if anyone can advise. How long does it take to get the ecas updated for the sponsor?? Is it before AOR1?? My application was received on 10th August this month so m just thinking the 36 days SA accessing startes from the 10th or from AOR 1??

Appreciate your help and guidance. Thanks
I submitted my file in july was received on 20 july and i got AOR 1 from CPC Mississauga on 11 August ,i was able to log on to my ECAS after around 10 days from AOR1 and now received my Sponsorship approval on the 24th so 34 days for sponsorship approval and file has been forward to NDVO, so hope for ECAS login to begin around 20 to 25 days after you submit your file.

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply.. Yeah I am able to link my file to my cic, however it doesn't have much information. It's just open and nothing started yet.. So m not sure what does that mean.. As in is it already approved or is it like still under review. Nothing is showing under my ecas login or the applicant based on application number. Please suggest.

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harmanchd said:
I submitted my file in july was received on 20 july and i got AOR 1 from CPC Mississauga on 11 August ,i was able to log on to my ECAS after around 10 days from AOR1 and now received my Sponsorship approval on the 24th so 34 days for sponsorship approval and file has been forward to NDVO, so hope for ECAS login to begin around 20 to 25 days after you submit your file.
Ohh... This does helps.. So I can expect something in a monthd time.. Nothing before that. Thank you for the information.. Is there anyone who applied on 10 and have received something?

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
RobbieS said:
Hi, to all the members of the forum.......
Yesterday I got a mail from NDVO asking me for

1)Proof of payment of my Right of Permanent Resident Fee (If not paid already)
2)Submission of police clearance certificate for you and all dependent family member (If not already submitted)

I guess its AOR2

how long does it takes after this to get a reply from NDVO on an average?? Please help

plź reply

vj1222

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 14 June 2016 AOR2 02 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
SA 27 july 2016
Med's Done....
15 April 2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
23 jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
RobbieS said:
plź reply
We are all waiting in this group expecting some one from NDVO answer this :p

Expect anywhere within 12 months if your application is straightforward, or in next two months if some magic happens.. good luck : ;)

Harmanchd

Nov 23, 2014
RobbieS said:
plź reply
if the email came from NDVO so it means they have received your application means AOR 2, acknowledgment of receipt, did you submit the right of permanent residence fess and PCC upfront or no, if not thats why they asking for it now, regarding processing time for NDVO it is anywhere between from 2 months to a year so good luck with that.

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
Harmanchd said:
if the email came from NDVO so it means they have received your application means AOR 2, acknowledgment of receipt, did you submit the right of permanent residence fess and PCC upfront or no, if not thats why they asking for it now, regarding processing time for NDVO it is anywhere between from 2 months to a year so good luck with that.
Yes, that's correct. I also received the same email today, and have provided both formalities upfront. :) Good luck to all and god bless :).

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
vj1222 said:
I didn't expect this long waiting game after seeing quick processing times early this year :-X....

For future applicants (if NDVO acts in the same way as now) don't even think about starting pr application to CANADA right after marriage, instead go for TN visa and bring your spouse as a dependent. Live that precious time right after wedding together instead of waiting for PR (waste of money and increase in frustrations)

Later when you are ready throw in a application for PR (more chances of getting TRV for spouse as they already have travel history to USA)

JUST A OPINION IF ANY ONE HAS A CHOICE OF GETTING TN VISA :)
What is TN Visa?

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Harmanchd said:

thank u so much harman

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Varadar said:
What is TN Visa?
Hi Varadar, hopefully we both hear good news soon. We started the file process on the same date. :)

Now, to your question: The person you replied to really has screwed up their understanding of the process. TN visa is for Canadian citizens who want to work in US. If you get hired by American company and are a Canadian citizen (has to be a citizen, PR doesn't work), then you show your offer letter at the border and when they let you in US, you are eligible to work in US. This visa is for a list of certain occupations only (as listed under NAFTA). Person's education, work experience and job duties at new work place in US must all line up for a person to get TN visa. When the person has TN visa, their spouse can get TD (TN dependent) visa from India in US Consulate. That way, both partners can live together in US. Also, TD visa holder cannot work in US. Also, TD holder has to return to India when the spouse is no longer working for the american company under TN.

Now, why that person listed TN? I don't know! First up, PRs are obviously not eligible. Also, if someone is living in US under TN, they can't start to apply for their spouse's PR to Canada because first requirement is that sponsor must be living in Canada. The only time they can apply is when sponsor moves back to Canada, and guess what? Sponsor is in Canada, PA in India and they have to start PR process from scratch. Can always apply for TRV while PR file is in process but that can be done even now.

Source: I worked as Engineer in US under TN.

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
deepax said:
Hi Varadar, hopefully we both hear good news soon. We started the file process on the same date. :)

Now, to your question: The person you replied to really has screwed up their understanding of the process. TN visa is for Canadian citizens who want to work in US. If you get hired by American company and are a Canadian citizen (has to be a citizen, PR doesn't work), then you show your offer letter at the border and when they let you in US, you are eligible to work in US. This visa is for a list of certain occupations only (as listed under NAFTA). Person's education, work experience and job duties at new work place in US must all line up for a person to get TN visa. When the person has TN visa, their spouse can get TD (TN dependent) visa from India in US Consulate. That way, both partners can live together in US. Also, TD visa holder cannot work in US. Also, TD holder has to return to India when the spouse is no longer working for the american company under TN.

Now, why that person listed TN? I don't know! First up, PRs are obviously not eligible. Also, if someone is living in US under TN, they can't start to apply for their spouse's PR to Canada because first requirement is that sponsor must be living in Canada. The only time they can apply is when sponsor moves back to Canada, and guess what? Sponsor is in Canada, PA in India and they have to start PR process from scratch. Can always apply for TRV while PR file is in process but that can be done even now.

Source: I worked as Engineer in US under TN.
I remember you Deepax :). Yeah, I hope it all ends sooner than we think.

I have no clue about american work visa's. Appreciate your time to en-light me.

Cheers
Varadar

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Varadar said:
I remember you Deepax :). Yeah, I hope it all ends sooner than we think.

I have no clue about american work visa's. Appreciate your time to en-light me.

Cheers
Varadar
Basically, the person was saying: Get work in US, so you can be with your partner instantly.

Of course, there were many complications as I elaborated.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Major changes to Canada’s immigration system expected in fall, says Minister John McCallum
Mon., Jul 18, 2016 | By Nouman Khalil
Immigration policy
Immigration policy | Staff photo by Nouman Khalil
The Trudeau government is ready to introduce changes to the current immigration system, minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship John McCallum announced Wednesday while visiting Peel region.

McCallum’s visit to Peel was part of the government’s nationwide consultation process to bring essential changes to the immigration policy that was promised by the Liberal Party during the 2015 election campaign.

In Brampton and Mississauga, the minister met local members of parliament and stakeholders and discussed issues related to immigration. Top of the agenda is speeding up the process of family class immigration.

Story continues below
Advertisement
click here
“We’re working to meet our single most important commitment to reduce the processing time for family class,” said McCallum. “Right now, it takes approximately two years for a husband and wife to be reunited… it is unacceptable.”

McCallum said the Liberal government inherited a system that is presently creating concerns within the community and his team is working to streamline it by introducing a new and improved policy.

The new system – with changes to family and skilled class, economic category as well as visitors’ visa policy – is expected to be introduced in the coming fall season.

Ad by Quaker Canada
Is It Possible To Be A Good Parent And Still Be Good To Yourself?

“We want to streamline the admission of economic immigrants as well as refugees and family class. We are going to make it much easier for international students to become permanent residents,” said the Markham-Thornhill MP.

In competition with other countries like Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States, he said the government currently working to give international students more points and make it easier for them to come to Canada.

“International students are at the top of the government’s list to become permanent residents because they are young, educated, and fluent in English or French,” said McCallum, adding the government is also working to improve visitors’ visa procedures, which are creating problems, especially in Chandigarh, India.

“Chandigarh is not the only place facing problems. We are determined to make it easier for people – particularly for visitor visas, weddings and funerals. We are determined to find a timely solution for it. Soon we will have a much quicker entry process,” said McCallum.

The minister said it’s a great achievement that the Trudeau government recently brought in 25,000 Syrian refugees in just four months on humanitarian grounds.

“The project has gone very well. It really makes me proud to be a Canadian because so many Canadians have come out to support this project. We stand out as a country that has truly welcomed refugees,” said McCallum.

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnybegood said:
Major changes to Canada’s immigration system expected in fall, says Minister John McCallum
Mon., Jul 18, 2016 | By Nouman Khalil
Immigration policy
Immigration policy | Staff photo by Nouman Khalil
The Trudeau government is ready to introduce changes to the current immigration system, minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship John McCallum announced Wednesday while visiting Peel region.

McCallum’s visit to Peel was part of the government’s nationwide consultation process to bring essential changes to the immigration policy that was promised by the Liberal Party during the 2015 election campaign.

In Brampton and Mississauga, the minister met local members of parliament and stakeholders and discussed issues related to immigration. Top of the agenda is speeding up the process of family class immigration.

Story continues below
Advertisement
click here
“We’re working to meet our single most important commitment to reduce the processing time for family class,” said McCallum. “Right now, it takes approximately two years for a husband and wife to be reunited… it is unacceptable.”

McCallum said the Liberal government inherited a system that is presently creating concerns within the community and his team is working to streamline it by introducing a new and improved policy.

The new system – with changes to family and skilled class, economic category as well as visitors’ visa policy – is expected to be introduced in the coming fall season.

Ad by Quaker Canada
Is It Possible To Be A Good Parent And Still Be Good To Yourself?

“We want to streamline the admission of economic immigrants as well as refugees and family class. We are going to make it much easier for international students to become permanent residents,” said the Markham-Thornhill MP.

In competition with other countries like Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States, he said the government currently working to give international students more points and make it easier for them to come to Canada.

“International students are at the top of the government’s list to become permanent residents because they are young, educated, and fluent in English or French,” said McCallum, adding the government is also working to improve visitors’ visa procedures, which are creating problems, especially in Chandigarh, India.

“Chandigarh is not the only place facing problems. We are determined to make it easier for people – particularly for visitor visas, weddings and funerals. We are determined to find a timely solution for it. Soon we will have a much quicker entry process,” said McCallum.

The minister said it’s a great achievement that the Trudeau government recently brought in 25,000 Syrian refugees in just four months on humanitarian grounds.

“The project has gone very well. It really makes me proud to be a Canadian because so many Canadians have come out to support this project. We stand out as a country that has truly welcomed refugees,” said McCallum.

This post is from July 18th.

I have already read it.. But only notices and fake promises over the invernet...NOTHING ELSE BRO ..

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Sidsmt said:
This post is from July 18th.

I have already read it.. But only notices and fake promises over the invernet...NOTHING ELSE BRO ..
Was just letting everyone know that fall is here