11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
raft7 said:
i have applied on june 1st and i got an email on July 28th saying that i missed to send my candian p.p copy.. I mailed it right away. I checked online status... it says sponsorship application in process and permanent resident for my spouse: "we have received application on june 2nd 2016 and medical received.. I don't know if its sponsorship approval.. any idea??

No, that's not Sponsorship Approval email.

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hi I wanted to check my ECAS but not able to do. It says no information found with the information I provided.
It means its not updates yet? M application received on June 9th and AOR 1 was received on June 25th.
Please let me know how can I check in an other way.
We will get any notification when ECAS gets activated?
Thank you

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
hi

got followng reply in GCMS notes

Sponsor Eligibilty decision:passed , all medicals associated to application.

but in Mycic it says eligiblity in review

so is eligibilty cleared or still in proces

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
jayagoyal said:
hi

Sponsor eligibility passed not pr application eligibility
Ty

Shahzadahmadzai

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2015
Doc's Request.
Not et
AOR Received.
December 2015
File Transfer...
December 2015
Med's Request
December 28-2016
Med's Done....
January 08-2017
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
jayagoyal said:
hi

you know when i am checking my application status its say in process, it already has been 9 month since my application has been received by CIC on October 2015 but haven't received any request of medical test. if anyone know how long it will take more to receive my medical test request?
thanks

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
The Canadian government has announced a plan to reduce the backlog of existing sponsor applications and speed up processing times for spousal sponsorship and family sponsorship cases. They have also said that they will increase the number of sponsored persons allowed into Canada:

As part of its commitment to family reunification, the Government of Canada will grant permanent residence to more spouses, partners and dependent children of Canadian citizens and permanent residents this year. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

Each year, the Government sets how many permanent residents Canada intends to admit through its various immigration categories during the year. This is done with the annual immigration levels plan. The plan for 2016 reflects the Government’s key priorities for immigration, which include bringing more families together. This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.

Spousal Sponsorship Delays

While the above announcement is an admirable response to a festering situation, it is short on details. For example, is there a target in number of days or months for the completion of files? In the past there was an optimistic target of 6 months for spousal cases. This target then stretched to 12 months. Then reality really set in and there was no target at all.

Geography also plays a part. We had a recent spousal case in the US processed in less than 5 months. A similar case in the UK took only a few weeks longer. Cases from Asia, on the other hand, can take over 2 to 3 years.

The new plan is good, but it’s too short on specifics. I fear it will face the same demise as previous efforts. What people need is a clear statement in terms of days, weeks and months, and the Minister should publish regular processing times for each country. If the government meets these targets and the goalposts don’t get further away as time goes on, I will be suitably impressed.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Why does it take so long to process a spousal application in Canada?

Not too long ago, the initial processing for in-Canada spousal cases was 4 to 6 months. It now takes a minimum of 13 months from the time Citizenship and Immigration Canada receives the application for the spouse to get stage one approval. Since it usually take several months to gather all the information required (medicals, background checks, etc), the time frame is actually more like 15 to 17 months.

In my previous life, I was the Manager of Citizenship and Immigration. We had an almost 99% acceptance rate for stage one approval. This means that 13 months is wasted on something that is going to pass, anyway.Frankly, without an actual investigation, it’s almost impossible to determine that a case is a marriage of convenience and should therefore be refused. CIC does not conduct any outside investigations. The Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) is mandated to conduct the investigations. However, it would be so low in their priority list that it would not solve the problem of wait times.
The CIC should have better things to worry about than the possibility that a spouse may fail stage one approval.

The 13-month waiting period causes countless problems for a family in Canada. 1) The proposed immigrant may be the main bread winner of the family and must wait over a year before he or she is eligible to apply for a work authorization. 2) Families are forced to live on their savings and in some cases must depend on extended family or even social assistance for support. 3) If they go on social assistance, then technically the sponsor is no longer eligible to sponsor their spouse. 4) The foreign spouse is not eligible for provincial health insurance until stage one approval. So what if the spouse is now pregnant or suffers from an illness?
The irony is that if you are a foreign student and you have your spouse with you, he or she can apply for a work authorization immediately upon arrival. These spouses are also covered by provincial health insurance. For their part, refugee claimants are also eligible to work once they make their claim. Immigrant spouses of Canadians are not afforded these same rights.
Immigration Canada should immediately start a program that grants the foreign spouse of Canadian citizens or permanent residents an employment authorization as soon as the application is submitted and medicals are passed. Since spouses are currently given a conditional 2 year landing, what would be the problem in getting a conditional employment authorization to go with it?The CIC should have better things to worry about than the possibility that a spouse may fail stage one approval. These spouses should be allowed to begin their lives as productive Canadian residents as soon as possible.
Klaudios Mustakas is a former senior manager with the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). He is now a senior immigration advisor with Pace Law Firm.

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
What exactly is gcsm notes and what is its purpose and how can I check this for my file. I have already applied for spousal sponsorship. Thank you.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Immigrant spouses of Canadians are not afforded these same rights.
Immigration Canada should immediately start a program that grants the foreign spouse of Canadian citizens or permanent residents an employment authorization as soon as the application is submitted and medicals are passed. Since spouses are currently given a conditional 2 year landing, what would be the problem in getting a conditional employment authorization to go with it?The CIC should have better things to worry about than the possibility that a spouse may fail stage one approval. These spouses should be allowed to begin their lives as productive Canadian residents as soon as possible

johnygood, this guy has a point
how much this weigh in policies?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
chhapa said:
Immigrant spouses of Canadians are not afforded these same rights.
Immigration Canada should immediately start a program that grants the foreign spouse of Canadian citizens or permanent residents an employment authorization as soon as the application is submitted and medicals are passed. Since spouses are currently given a conditional 2 year landing, what would be the problem in getting a conditional employment authorization to go with it?The CIC should have better things to worry about than the possibility that a spouse may fail stage one approval. These spouses should be allowed to begin their lives as productive Canadian residents as soon as possible

johnygood, this guy has a point
how much this weigh in policies?
Literally nothing. .....the current promised changes to spousal sponsorship and backlog reduction is a failure and liberals know about it....i dont think anything great happen to family sponsors in the current year...they all diverted to economic immigrants and international students and start up immigrants. ....all economy based!

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
johnybegood said:
Literally nothing. .....the current promised changes to spousal sponsorship and backlog reduction is a failure and liberals know about it....i dont think anything great happen to family sponsors in the current year...they all diverted to economic immigrants and international students and start up immigrants. ....all economy based!
agreed
and they are slow and rejection rate high.
Liberals are acting like Modi

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
chhapa said:
agreed
and they are slow and rejection rate high.
Liberals are acting like Modi
I guess liberals are better! At least they finalized a few cases really quick

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
johnybegood said:
I guess liberals are better! At least they finalized a few cases really quick
not really, they discriminated against the applicant who are waiting from 2014, 2015
secondly, VO try to play game of balancing statics by approving nov-march, 2016 application (19 months to .....)