Interview........
Not needed at the momemt DM: 7 april 2017
Passport Req..
Hope for as soon as possible
VISA ISSUED...
Hooe for as soon as possible
LANDED..........
New week new hopes..hope this week NDVO works fast and does the rainfall of DM and PPR for aug n sept applicant.

Banga999

Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

My friend came to Canada on a study permit. She being the principal applicant applied pr for her husband too. Now, she got her passport request, but her husband didnt get any. The question here is that if its only the principal applicant who gets the request or her husband will get one too??

Hope for a reply soon!
Thank you!

Blueberry_24

Feb 8, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
8/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26 September 2016 (Valid till 30 September 2017)
AOR Received.
25/11/2016
File Transfer...
7/12/2016 (NDVO mail 12-12-16)
Med's Request
Verification call from NDVO on 11May 2017
Med's Done....
Medical updated on ECAS 12 May 2017
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
pavan88 said:
Guys does any know about what s "Bring Forward Date" in the context of immigration application.

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

Angad.chawla

Mar 21, 2017
Hi all

i've been a silent reader of this forum for a while now.

I'm an Indian working in Vietnam and my wife is from Canada staying here with me till she starts her job in July. We were hoping I would get my PR by then so we could fly toghether to Canada. This is my timeline:

Application sent - 17th Aug

This is what was showing on wife's cic:
We received your application to sponsor "" on August 19, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 16, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on September 28, 2016 about the decision on your application.

This is what is showing on my cic:
We received Angad Chawla's application for permanent residence on August 19, 2016.
We started processing Angad Chawla's application on October 4, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

And today we saw Decision made on cic. I guess it's been approved. You guys don't know but I've taken a lot of strength and support from this forum. But I have a few questions still- as my medical is expiring on May 8 - I'm expecting a PPR soon and landing vis expiring before my medical expires. So my questions:
- is there a way to get extension for a month or so? Two reasons - my wife and I want to leave together and it'll give me enough time for my eployer to find my replacement. If yes, then how do we go about it?
- if not, then could I go early, do the paperwork and come back to finish my commitments? My mother in law could receive my PR in my absence.

Thanks again guys and I pray for all of you as well! Hope y'all get united with your partners SOON!!

PreetiStephen

Jul 26, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16th september'16
Doc's Request.
Nop
AOR Received.
SA: 21 October'16
File Transfer...
AOR2 3rd November'16
Med's Done....
22nd June'16
Interview........
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
20th June 2017
Angad.chawla said:
Hi all

I'm an Indian working in Vietnam and my wife is from Canada staying here with me till she starts her job in July. We were hoping I would get my PR by then so we could fly toghether to Canada. This is my timeline:

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on September 28, 2016 about the decision on your application.

We received Angad Chawla's application for permanent residence on August 19, 2016.

And today we saw Decision made on cic. I guess it's been approved. You guys don't know but I've taken a lot of strength and support from this forum. But I have a few questions still- as my medical is expiring on May 8 - I'm expecting a PPR soon and landing vis expiring before my medical expires. So my questions:
- is there a way to get extension for a month or so? Two reasons - my wife and I want to leave together and it'll give me enough time for my eployer to find my replacement. If yes, then how do we go about it?
- if not, then could I go early, do the paperwork and come back to finish my commitments? My mother in law could receive my PR in my absence.

Thanks again guys and I pray for all of you as well! Hope y'all get united with your partners SOON!!
I dont have answer for your questions.
Want to wish you Congrats for DM.

RJ SH

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2016
File Transfer...
01-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
PreetiStephen said:
I dont have answer for your questions.
Want to wish you Congrats for DM.
When will our turn come eagerly waiting

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Congratulations on DM. Your option no 2 will work. Once you land and go back without pr card is fine but at time of re entry you need to show proof of pr. you have to get temp permit and that information is on cic website
Angad.chawla said:
Hi all

RJ SH

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2016
File Transfer...
01-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey guys if any updates on ur file plz let us know.

kshitizd

Apr 19, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016 Sponsorship Approval recd: 03-10-2016
Med's Done....
23-07-2016
Banga999 said:
Hello everyone,

My friend came to Canada on a study permit. She being the principal applicant applied pr for her husband too. Now, she got her passport request, but her husband didnt get any. The question here is that if its only the principal applicant who gets the request or her husband will get one too??

Hope for a reply soon!
Thank you!
In this case the principal applicant will receive the letter, the husband will have to submit his passport using the same UCI number. Hope this helps/

Bhulku

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th aug
Doc's Request.
Not needed
AOR Received.
7th sept
File Transfer...
19 th sept
Med's Done....
25 th july passed bg started on 31st march
Interview........
Not needed dm on 1st april
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Any updates guys?

darrenarnold

Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-07-2016 upfront
Interview........
Not required yet
Passport Req..
Dm on 31st March 2017 waiting for ppr
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
No update for me as of now. Hoping for some moment this week.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-09-2016 , Aor2 26-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Not Needed Dm on 31st march
Nothing ... :-\

iPenguin

Mar 27, 2017
Hi guys,

Long time lurker on this forum, finally registered to ask a query due to the uniqueness & unusual nature of the my state of Family Class PR application. Please let me know if this is indeed the right thread to ask such a query or kindly direct me to the right thread.

I applied for my PR through a rep. in August 2016. My file reached NDVO in September 2016. In Feb of 2017 our rep sent us the interview request letter. We were summoned for the interview on the 17th of March 2017. My wife flew in from Canada and that definitely made a huge impact on the VO's questions. We both did very well and the officer gave us the green light. She noticed that my medical had expired 10 days prior to the interview ( I had done the upfront medical in Feb 2016 ) and if it wasn't the case, she was ready to stamp the visa there and then itself ( her words not mine ).

She said since we've a rep., she will be sending over the medical request in 24-48 hours. We walked out all pleased and grateful and sent our rep an email stating we had cracked the interview and everything went smoothly. The rep. replied saying indeed the VO had emailed but had forgotten to attach the medical request form. We waited until Wednesday, 22nd of March, to call our rep. again. Our rep., again mentioned the VO hasn't replied to her request to attach the medical request form. So today, it has been over a week and the NDVO hasn't replied back to our rep.'s requests.

I've a medical appointment booked for the 4th of April but I explained the situation to the doctor doing the medical and she said she couldn't do another upfront medical if the VO has already created a UCI. Also, according to our rep., 2nd the medical appointment deadline is 30 days which if lapsed would mean we will have to re-appeal the decision, with no fault of ours. My wife and I are trying to contact the CIC officials in Canada and New Delhi. We even tweeted to the High Commissioner of ND over the weekend. So far no luck. New Delhi wouldn't even listen to my query and just directed us to the website and email listed.

If anyone has been through something similar, please reply. Your answers are very much appreciated. Also, if anyone knows how long the visa stamping is done after the medicals are received? I can see different answers throughout the thread and I know each case is unique but looking at my scenario if anyone could make an estimated guess? Thanks.

iPenguin