App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
naveensec said:
Hi,

My wife posted the applikation from canada in October 8 2014 and the filé was transferred to New Delhi on December 4 2014 and I finished the medical in December 21 2014 aswell....submitted the rest of the docs in jan 2015....my question is from which day the processing time calculated
The day your file arrived in CIC Delhi. Then you can start counting the months. It takes between 9 to 13 months

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
algrn said:
My application is in process since Nov 28, 2014...Any idea when should i expect an update..
it takes 9 to 13 months once CIC received the application.

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-15 - INPROCESS - 07/08/2015
Med's Request
Upfront on 14-11-2014 . remed req. Dec 4
Med's Done....
Remed sent back on Dec 24
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR - 25th jan , Passport sent to Ottawa -25th jan
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
aroundwrd99 said:
It should be 60 days for you then.
I think it will depends on current processing time . I submitted on Dec 12 and cic received it on Dec 18 , it was 60 days around that time. But now its 85 days . CIC site shows, they are currently processing October 27 weeks file. SO it should be plus or minus 5 days from cic processing time. It wont get processed in 60 days

Shars15

Jan 7, 2015
navdeepgill said:
NO, I did not ... not even reception of the file ..that's why I am worried ...
i sent mine Novemeber 19 and they still advent opened mine so expect yours to be opened maybe end of march

hvhs01

Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2015
Doc's Request.
nothing yet
Nomination.....
what is this?
AOR Received.
04/22/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
re-med requested feb 3rd, 2016
Med's Done....
done upfront
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
April 7th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May
LANDED..........
May 17 2016
Hi everyone!

first of all congrats getting your files completed and sent. I wish I could say the same about my application.

I am new to this website and am having some trouble with my application. I am a canadian Citizen who is looking to sponsor my husband in India. Our marriage is an arranged marriage however we have been talking for a little under a year before our marriage. the first and only time I met him was when I went to India to marry him. My trip to India was only 4 weeks (this was all my work would approve without me quitting my job). so 2 weeks before the wedding to shop and prepare and 2 weeks after the wedding to spend time with my husband. Due to the short time we did not really go anywhere for a honeymoon however we did spend a few nights at hotels when we were travelling far from home and I have lots of picture from our date nights. unfortunately I am unable to travel back to India anytime soon without the risk of losing my job. other people have suggested that he applies for a visitors visa to come see me.

My questions are:

1. If we apply for a visitors visa and it rejects will this effect the sponsorship application?
2. has anyone else gone through a similar experience like mine?
3. do you think if i provide enough proof of relationship my application will reject or we will be called for an interview?

PLEASE HELP!!!!! what can I do to make my file stronger.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
hvhs01 said:
Hi everyone!

first of all congrats getting your files completed and sent. I wish I could say the same about my application.

I am new to this website and am having some trouble with my application. I am a canadian Citizen who is looking to sponsor my husband in India. Our marriage is an arranged marriage however we have been talking for a little under a year before our marriage. the first and only time I met him was when I went to India to marry him. My trip to India was only 4 weeks (this was all my work would approve without me quitting my job). so 2 weeks before the wedding to shop and prepare and 2 weeks after the wedding to spend time with my husband. Due to the short time we did not really go anywhere for a honeymoon however we did spend a few nights at hotels when we were travelling far from home and I have lots of picture from our date nights. unfortunately I am unable to travel back to India anytime soon without the risk of losing my job. other people have suggested that he applies for a visitors visa to come see me.

My questions are:

1. If we apply for a visitors visa and it rejects will this effect the sponsorship application?
3. do you think if i provide enough proof of relationship my application will reject or we will be called for an interview?

First off congrats on your wedding..

Is it suggested people apply for visit visa after applying for PR - generally after getting sponsor approval , since its hard (not impossible) to get a visit visa for a spouse. A spouse applying for visit visa and being rejected is high which will cause a red flag for the PR process (though not the end of the world)

Though we are technically arranged (we are family friends and have know each other since kids and grew up together; started liking each other) our parents got us arranged with our initiation. The visa office in Delhi and the visa officer knows its sometimes the norm in India for a marriage to be arranged. In your case you will provide relationship proof for the times you were in contact after the engagement (call logs, chat logs, general and engagement photos); rely heavily on the wedding relationship proof and post wedding proof.

You case wont be rejected because it was an arranged marriage with enough proof.

We showed our engagement photos, post engagement relationship proof, the wedding photos, honeymoon and post wedding photos. We have got SA and waiting for next stage.

Hope that helps :)

navdeepgill

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
NVDO
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 22-2014
AOR Received.
March 11,2015
File Transfer...
March 11,2015/AOR2 received on April 13,2015
Med's Request
re-med request on nov. 27,2015
Med's Done....
dec 9,2014 upfront
Interview........
seems like waived off ,decision made dec 13,2015
Passport Req..
12/14/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/18/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Hi,

I have a question for December applicants ...have you received anything from CIC saying that they have received the application or it's just on the basis of Canada post acknowledgement ????

harwi

Oct 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi (Expected)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-jan-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-14
i am planing to apply visitor for my wife..

Any body have any knowdlege about that

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
naveensec said:
Hi,

My wife posted the applikation from canada in October 8 2014 and the filé was transferred to New Delhi on December 4 2014 and I finished the medical in December 21 2014 aswell....submitted the rest of the docs in jan 2015....my question is from which day the processing time calculated
Application starting time starts from the day it was received in Delhi..

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
Arvind12 said:
Application starting time starts from the day it was received in Delhi..
very true...

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
harwi said:
i am planing to apply visitor for my wife..

Any body have any knowdlege about that
Yes, you can plan... its better if you apply after submission of your wife case for PR.

Chances are low for approval but you can still apply. (You never know).

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
hvhs01 said:
Hi everyone!

My questions are:

No, it will not effect on your spousal case.

Yes, I will also suggest you to carry your marriage certificate from the temple or Gurudwara as well plus, a marriage certificate from the court. It was a good idea to invite your spouse's parents at the time of your marriage (if they are in India). Make sure you guys take lots of marriage pictures. (This is what they want to see).

Yes, they can call anyone...usually they call when they are not able to take a decision on documents. .... and they want to verify a few things.

Arvind12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5
LANDED..........
Feb 10
Looks likse CIC starting to Process application received in June and some July now. Good trend am seeing now is passports are getting stamped with in 7 days . Few months back it was different, CIC gets the passport and take really a month just to stamp it. Hopefully things gets fast we hope we will get process within 9 months..

algrn

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No trend.....they are taking forever to process visa....
all crap

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
algrn said:
No trend.....they are taking forever to process visa....
all crap
thats true -

CIC processing time is almost 13 months from India

UK and US - 2 to 5 months

Australia - 4 to 6 months