+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2014 APPLICANTS

amop

Feb 28, 2014
hey...d4d ... do not apply for remedical on your own until ndvo asks you.

d4d said:
Hi,

Just started reading this forum. I am in a slightly different boat than some of you. Let me start by stating my dates so it can added in the excel database.
Medical Done: September 23, 2013
Application Rec'd: May 05, 2014
AOR: June 26, 2014
The file was forwarded to NDVO on July 10, 2014
Additional documents requested: Jan 10, 2015 (asked for proof of re-settlement in Canada for sponsor. Explained below as to why I received it)
Status shows as Application Received as of now.

So a little background now. I have been travelling back and forth to Asia since 2010 for business purposes and have spent a major portion of my time there these past 5 years. I met my wife back in January 2012 in Middle East (She has a residency permit there through her parents) and have resided there for majority of her life. We got engaged and later married in December 2012 in India. As you might notice that we didn't apply for the immigration right away for two reasons: 1) it took some time to gather all the necessary documents and I was travelling back for major portion of the year anyways for work, so we were together anyways and were under the impression that spousal immigration takes 3-5 months (as it used to about a few years back when a few of my relative sponsored their spouse. When we decided to get the medical done for the application, later, however, PCC took quiet a bit of time to get as we needed two, one from India another one from the country of residency. Also, we choose to apply through New Delhi as it had a quicker processing time than middle east countries.

I am assuming there was a request of additional documents because of my absence from Canada due to business reason. So far, I have forwarded that to the NVDO and now back to the waiting game.

Based on the excel sheet, my application should have gone into in progress as majority who applied around that time did but I am assuming we hit a delay because of the request for additional documents. I have a question if someone could help me out with it:
my wife's medical is clearly past 1 year point and I am sure we will asked for a remedical and that will delay it further. I am thinking that maybe we should proceed with a second medical and forward the emedical file copy to the NDVO and when they do ask for it, they would already have it. Is that possible? I have seen people talking here about waiting for a letter stating that a remedical is required. can it be done without that and would CIC accept a remedical done before a letter to do so was issued.

VM.WK

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-june-2014
Doc's Request.
18-August-2014
File Transfer...
29-sep-2014
Med's Done....
8-April-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
amop said:
How about jan-may applicants getting visa first than all the months who applied later..???

I daily see people from june - august talking about their AR/ MR and status ....and on and on !!!!

Does anyone ever think what happens to people like us who have applied before you and we hear continuous whining for next month applicants ...

may be I am not justified in my irk or anger but sick and tired of people who just come here and keeps saying hamara kya ho raha hain ? god damn it some of june applicants have ppr or dm same for july and august so stop whining !!!

think about others as well who are living in hope that today our status will change.
:mad: Well if you use to whine and chat before what is making you stop now. This forum is for moral support, everyone has the right to whine or complain despite what month they applied in. If you like to reply to the person with supportive words then go ahead if not please ignore and move on!!!! If June or July applicants are whining it could be because many of June n July applicants have got their ppr, that gives all of us hopes and thirst to get ours too. So instead of putting the users down who are sharing their thoughts and feelings, pray to God with your applications others get there too. Thanks!!

amop

Feb 28, 2014
what makes you think its easy for people who are struck and i think you did not read properly that may be i am not justified ... so no one is putting others down ....but everyday listening and talking same thing is amounting to that. yes this open forum as much they are expressing to whine same way i am expressing my irk ..!!!! And thats the reason i hardly come here and if come i do help other people asking questions.!!! thats my 2 cents to your thoughtful thinking !!!!!

thanks !!!

VM.WK said:
:mad: Well if you use to whine and chat before what is making you stop now. This forum is for moral support, everyone has the right to whine or complain despite what month they applied in. If you like to reply to the person with supportive words then go ahead if not please ignore and move on!!!! If June or July applicants are whining it could be because many of June n July applicants have got their ppr, that gives all of us hopes and thirst to get ours too. So instead of putting the users down who are sharing their thoughts and feelings, pray to God with your applications others get there too. Thanks!!

Operation process

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Ludhiana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2may
Med's Done....
22 February...Remedical done 14 February 2015
Interview........
Hope not.file in process 3 dec,,,still no update.
deep33 said:
hello everyone..how many march applicant left there.??
U Got IP?

arika18

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014 (in process since 14-08-2015)
Med's Request
re-meds req: 17-08-2015 done: 18-08-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
no interview- Decision made 21-09-2015
Passport Req..
7-10-2015
amop said:
How about jan-may applicants getting visa first than all the months who applied later..???

I daily see people from june - august talking about their AR/ MR and status ....and on and on !!!!

Does anyone ever think what happens to people like us who have applied before you and we hear continuous whining for next month applicants ...

may be I am not justified in my irk or anger but sick and tired of people who just come here and keeps saying hamara kya ho raha hain ? god damn it some of june applicants have ppr or dm same for july and august so stop whining !!!

think about others as well who are living in hope that today our status will change.

Amop, you must be very frustrated and annoyed and losing your hope with the waiting period. You are talking without realizing who u are attacking. We are all in the same boat but I have a 6 years old daughter with me in Toronto who keeps asking about her daddy and every single day I keep giving her hope! Have you done an MP enquiry yet? I went to the MP office on Saturday regarding my case and the lady said she will find out and let me know. I will update everyone. Hoping and praying for all of us. God Bless.

notorious13

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16/2014
AOR Received.
Sept 03/2014
File Transfer...
Sept17/2014
Passport Req..
March 18/2015
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
PranSi said:
Hi Notorious13 ,

Did you get PPR ? What's your current visa status ?
Not yet Pransi. My status says IP since March 1

notorious13

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16/2014
AOR Received.
Sept 03/2014
File Transfer...
Sept17/2014
Passport Req..
March 18/2015
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
rex87 said:
Nothing Notorious13..NDVO has taken oath to not give us PPR...:-( Its been a month and half and no update..Life is going in drains looking at AR/MR...
This is going really crazy... We shouldnt have to go through this..... Hope we all hear something good soon

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
[quote author= link=topic=180473.msg4098613#msg4098613 date=1425596149]
My advice:
1. Do your medicals right before you submit your application. This will avoid remedical headaches that we had.
2. Write good long answers for relationship questions. And be happy and positive in answers.
3. Ask yours and her parents and friends to give you letters saying how good a couple you both are. I know your parents will say "Nooooooo, I can't write, you write and I will just sign", but somehow provide these letters of reference with your application.
4. When your spouse sends you their application package from India, ask them to send multiple packages, all signed. You never know when coffee will spill over on your application. Also ask them to send blank papers from India. Indian paper size is different, and you may need to make a correction in one of their forms after you receive them (hopefully not the page that has the signature).
5. Attach chats, phone logs, travel documentation etc. and reference them in your relationship answers ("I went to India to see my spouse on this day - see this boarding pass").
6. Put everything in Dropbox or some such place where you can organize things properly between you two. Also avoids computer crashes problems, and can work from anywhere on these forms. This includes all the final forms, and all the answers, and all the evidences you are attaching. God forbid, if there is an interview, you will both need to go through this to recall what you said and synchronize.

Good luck, and hope you get a quick visa!
[/quote]

Thank you so much ydj_dil. With help from this forum my wife and I have almost completed the application form. We were stuck with a few curveballs and hopefully you can help us out.

1) In the application form that my wife has filled out she is not sure if she has to fill out details of her parents and siblings in the Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406E). As I understand the definition of family members as per CIC is:
Your family members include your spouse or common-law partner, your dependent children and any children that are their dependent children
. Its our first marriage so we dont have any children and ex spouses.

2) In the application form that my wife has filled out we have not included the Additional Dependents Form (IMM 0008)..again for the same reason - Its our first marriage so we dont have any children and ex spouses.

3) The most time consuming form (Sponsored spouse questinaaire - 5490E): question #24 about Maintaining Contact asks "Has your Sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship" - Ours was an arranged marriage - I visited my home country, got married, spent 3 weeks with my wife and came back to Canada. So our relationship started once I visited my home country to get married. Not sure if my wife should answer Yes or No to the above question.

In the same form there is another confusing question for my situation: "Have you and your sponsor lived together"? I guess we did for the 3 weeks I stayed after our marriage.

4) The forms I have filled I had a couple of questions - In the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM5540) in question 5 I chose post grad studies - in the number of years completed I put 18 - is this correct or should I be putting in the years it took me to complete my masters which was 2.

Same form Questions 8 "Have you resided in countries other than Canada" - I became a naturalized canadian citizen a few years ago. Should I be answering yes to this question and list the country of my birth and the the time I resided there till I migareted to Canada?

5) When paying the 1090 fees online I have to chose from either •Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or •Family Class. I think the former is for Inland application. I will be chosing Family class but just want to make sure.

6) We are both confused about the co-signer part.. Is my wife going to be the co-signer on the forms or am I going to be co-signer? In the documents checklist Question 14 askes for a photocpy of my marriage certificate if I have a co-signer and she is my spouse? Its confusing to me what they mean by this.

Thanks you in advance guys!!!

Amanhans

Feb 12, 2015
Abbotsford
Category........
Visa Office......
Nvdo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 july 2014
AOR Received.
3 sept 2014
File Transfer...
19 sept 2014
Interview........
I hope for not. IP since 16 feb 2015
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
passport has been dispatched today. So happy and thanks to god and all of you.

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
Amanhans said:
passport has been dispatched today. So happy and thanks to god and all of you.
Congrats. :)

moneyrocks

Mar 10, 2011
innosense said:
Guys can we all please sign these petitions. The inland petition got about 2475 signatures and CIC took notice.
In this Information Age, it should be easy to gather as many signatures pretty quickly. Doing this sitting in comfort of our homes or office should not be a difficult task. Some us have 2 or more email id's. Please sign with as many as possible. we can gather 4 signatures per household easily.

There is about 60 and 170 signs in these 2 petitions. Lets increase that number please

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reduce-processing-time-for-family-sponsorship-treat-everyone-the-same-canada.html

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/improve-processing-times-for-spouse-sponsorship.html
In addition to signing the petition, can we stage a "Silent Protest" outside NDVO and invite local representative of "The Globe and Mail - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/" and perhaps a local channel to cover it? We can also present a copy of the petition to the High Commissioner there.

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
missmywife said:
Thank you so much ydj_dil. With help from this forum my wife and I have almost completed the application form. We were stuck with a few curveballs and hopefully you can help us out.

1) In the application form that my wife has filled out she is not sure if she has to fill out details of her parents and siblings in the Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406E). As I understand the definition of family members as per CIC is: . Its our first marriage so we dont have any children and ex spouses.

2) In the application form that my wife has filled out we have not included the Additional Dependents Form (IMM 0008)..again for the same reason - Its our first marriage so we dont have any children and ex spouses.

3) The most time consuming form (Sponsored spouse questinaaire - 5490E): question #24 about Maintaining Contact asks "Has your Sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship" - Ours was an arranged marriage - I visited my home country, got married, spent 3 weeks with my wife and came back to Canada. So our relationship started once I visited my home country to get married. Not sure if my wife should answer Yes or No to the above question.

In the same form there is another confusing question for my situation: "Have you and your sponsor lived together"? I guess we did for the 3 weeks I stayed after our marriage.

4) The forms I have filled I had a couple of questions - In the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM5540) in question 5 I chose post grad studies - in the number of years completed I put 18 - is this correct or should I be putting in the years it took me to complete my masters which was 2.

Same form Questions 8 "Have you resided in countries other than Canada" - I became a naturalized canadian citizen a few years ago. Should I be answering yes to this question and list the country of my birth and the the time I resided there till I migareted to Canada?

5) When paying the 1090 fees online I have to chose from either •Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or •Family Class. I think the former is for Inland application. I will be chosing Family class but just want to make sure.

6) We are both confused about the co-signer part.. Is my wife going to be the co-signer on the forms or am I going to be co-signer? In the documents checklist Question 14 askes for a photocpy of my marriage certificate if I have a co-signer and she is my spouse? Its confusing to me what they mean by this.

Thanks you in advance guys!!!
Hi,

1) Yes. She has to fill up 5406, mentioning her parents and sibling details. Put N/A for children.
2) As you dont have any children, hence no dependents, so no need to fill up 0008 Dependent form.
3) As you visited her during your wedding, she needs to mention that you visited her during the wedding time.
4) It has to be the duration of your post grad, thats 2 years.
5) Yes, you should write your country of residence before you became a citizen of Canada.
6) Fees is $1040, if it has not increased recently. Sponsorship application ($75) + Principal applicant ($475) + Right of permanent residence fee ($490) = Total $1040.
7) I think you don't have a co-signer when you are sponsoring a spouse. It is only when you sponsor other relatives along with your spouse and you don't meet the income requirement, that is when she has to sign as a co-signer to support you financially. I am not exactly sure about this. I had put N/A.

All the best. :)

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Arika, yes i am annoyed and frustrated with NDVO not with people out here...as i said in my post perhaps in my ire im not justified but I am also human..in relationships dont we shout or put our anger wrongly sometimes towards people.. tell me single soul here right now who is showing empathy even if i sounded annoyed !!

No one ..so why cant i show my frustration ...i understand its difficult for everyone especially with kids or no kids

anyway i do not expect anyone to understand my frustration. god bless all of us who are still waiting !!

arika18 said:
Amop, you must be very frustrated and annoyed and losing your hope with the waiting period. You are talking without realizing who u are attacking. We are all in the same boat but I have a 6 years old daughter with me in Toronto who keeps asking about her daddy and every single day I keep giving her hope! Have you done an MP enquiry yet? I went to the MP office on Saturday regarding my case and the lady said she will find out and let me know. I will update everyone. Hoping and praying for all of us. God Bless.