novemeber mid.
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ip on 09 july, wishing for quick DM
HI,
all those who are sending there application this year. just a question. how many passport size photographs are you attaching with the application?

DJ India

Feb 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..
vikasgandhi said:
HI,
all those who are sending there application this year. just a question. how many passport size photographs are you attaching with the application?

You have to provide 6 recent passport size photos, see Appendix B in below link for photo specifications:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3904E.pdf

Best is to take a print out of the specifications when you are going to get the photograph.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
vikasgandhi said:
hey roopa.
What i learnt from different websites and forums is that i you apply for a TRV just to visit your spouse they wont approve it. They need different reasons as well lke attending a wedding etc.
I am sure you collected all or most of these but still
1. a vacation letter from your job that you are going on a paid leave to travel abroad is always helfull
2. a return flight ticket confirming them that you will come back after your visa expires.
3. a loaded bank account, if possible proof of property of vehicle always helps.

Good luck for next time.
i am applying for my wifes TRV as soon as i get my sponsorship approval. hope for the best
Hi Vikas!!

in your last line did you mean if a sponsor gets his sponsorship approved, they can/may/should( what??) apply for the TRV?

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
pankaj08 said:
what interview for red flag??i dont under stand. I am going alone at interview. becoz my wife is in canada and she cannot come coz of her business.
Hi Pankaj please let us know how was your interview and what was asked.

Also can anyone, senior members, guide me..
I have got married in December. And waiting for my wife's pcc from another country that she lived in for 5 years on work permit(will expire in June 2014). Once I get it I will be ready to apply for her.
Does her stay in another country have any adverse impact in her file?
She doesnt live in that country after her marriage. She hasn't got her visa rejected for any country ever

Also she applied for the refugee (and got TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR3 MONTHS COUPLE OF TIMES) as she lost her status while her passport was handed over to the agent to extend/convert her visitor visa into the work permit and he got it lost
She had no option but to extend her stay as visitor and thus she applied for refugee. She was allowed TEMPORARY residence for 3 months and this was renewed couple of times, and once she get an offer letter, she got her refugee application withdrawn and applied for work permit and successfully got her work permit. Since then she is on it.

Do I have to mention in her back ground form if she has ever applied (?) Or got(?) refugee status. WOULD IT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE IMPACT ON HER APPLICATION??

Also we came closer through family so we have no much history of calls or emails nor we could be able to go to the honeymoon. I am much worried what should I do

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a ton

P.s. she used to live with her elder sister's family.

vikasgandhi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-12-2013
Med's Done....
novemeber mid.
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ip on 09 july, wishing for quick DM
Shining Moon said:
Hi Vikas!!

in your last line did you mean if a sponsor gets his sponsorship approved, they can/may/should( what??) apply for the TRV?
hey dear,
now even i would suggest that dont apply for TRV, i applied for it for my wife.. and looks like NDVO sent it back even from its doors. i mean it was rejected in less than 3 days.
reason.
1. travel history
2. family ties in canada.
3. not enough reasons to come back.

Plus in return we got disappointment..
sorry..

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Myrah,

New to this Forum, am Karthic Kumar PR in Canada, Recently got engaged in India on Jan 15th, 2014. Going to get married in June 9. What is the easiest way to bring her.

Please guide.

Thanks

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desi-girl said:
Hi Karthic, You can only apply for this if you are married to your fiancee (so she will be your spouse then) or if you have been in a common-law relationship (living together but not married). Unfortunately, sponsorship for fiancee is not accepted in Canada.
Good luck with your application.
Thanks

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
karthicbaboo said:
HI Myrah,

New to this Forum, am Karthic Kumar PR in Canada, Recently got engaged in India on Jan 15th, 2014. Going to get married in June 9. What is the easiest way to bring her.

Please guide.

Thanks
Easiest way is possibly the longest way.. no shortcuts.
After you get married, apply for spousal PR because chances of getting visit visa is very small. Outland Spousal PR takes 8-12 months but it is straightforward and better in the long run than shortcuts or Inland application.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
vikasgandhi said:
hey dear,
now even i would suggest that dont apply for TRV, i applied for it for my wife.. and looks like NDVO sent it back even from its doors. i mean it was rejected in less than 3 days.
reason.
1. travel history
2. family ties in canada.
3. not enough reasons to come back.

Plus in return we got disappointment..
sorry..
thanks bro for your valuable reply...

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Shining Moon said:

I have got married in December. And waiting for my wife's pcc from another country that she lived in for 5 years on work permit(will expire in June 2014). Once I get it I will be ready to apply for her.
She doesnt live in that country after her marriage. She hasn't got her visa rejected for any country ever

Also she applied for the refugee (and got TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR3 MONTHS COUPLE OF TIMES) as she lost her status while her passport was handed over to the agent to extend/convert her visitor visa into the work permit and he got it lost
She had no option but to extend her stay as visitor and thus she applied for refugee. She was allowed TEMPORARY residence for 3 months and this was renewed couple of times, and once she get an offer letter, she got her refugee application withdrawn and applied for work permit and successfully got her work permit. Since then she is on it.

Do I have to mention in her back ground form if she has ever applied (?) Or got(?) refugee status. WOULD IT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE IMPACT ON HER APPLICATION??

Also we came closer through family so we have no much history of calls or emails nor we could be able to go to the honeymoon. I am much worried what should I do

any help from the seniors?. pleaseeeeee

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Shining Moon said:

First, Congrats on your wedding.
Second, this seems like a confusing case in the way that you presented your information and I would advise you to consult a lawyer.
Her stay in another country doesn't impact her application (There are lots of applicants working abroad while their applications are processed successfully).
She may have to move back to the country where her application is being processed when they will ask for her passport or maybe if she can extend her work permit for another year, she can use the processing center of that country. Can I ask which country she is working in right now?

Applying for refugee status multiple times, work permit and visit visa might show proof that she wants to live anywhere outside her country with definite proof and can be a red flag for the officers.
The applications have changed since last year and I think there are questions asking if you have got any visas rejected and what visas you had applied to. So she might have to mention her refugee status.

Not having enough proof of getting closer through family is normal in arranged marriages and you have to prove that it is normal in your culture to have minimal contact before marriage but show lots of proof of communication after marriage. You must be calling each other now, skyping, emailing, texting..etc. show proof of that.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desi-girl said:
Easiest way is possibly the longest way.. no shortcuts.
After you get married, apply for spousal PR because chances of getting visit visa is very small. Outland Spousal PR takes 8-12 months but it is straightforward and better in the long run than shortcuts or Inland application.
Thanks Desi Girl

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Desi-girl said:
First, Congrats on your wedding.
Second, this seems like a confusing case in the way that you presented your information and I would advise you to consult a lawyer.
Her stay in another country doesn't impact her application (There are lots of applicants working abroad while their applications are processed successfully).
She may have to move back to the country where her application is being processed when they will ask for her passport or maybe if she can extend her work permit for another year, she can use the processing center of that country. Can I ask which country she is working in right now?

Applying for refugee status multiple times, work permit and visit visa might show proof that she wants to live anywhere outside her country with definite proof and can be a red flag for the officers.
The applications have changed since last year and I think there are questions asking if you have got any visas rejected and what visas you had applied to. So she might have to mention her refugee status.

Not having enough proof of getting closer through family is normal in arranged marriages and you have to prove that it is normal in your culture to have minimal contact before marriage but show lots of proof of communication after marriage. You must be calling each other now, skyping, emailing, texting..etc. show proof of that.
thanks desi girl for your reply...

she used to live in South Africa. the problem with her case was like this..
she had visitor visa to visit her sisters, and then she got a job offer, she applied to get a work permit through agent and he lost her passport. meanwhile she got her visitor visa expired. so she had no other option but to apply for refugee. on the other hand, she NEVER got refugee status itself. SA government gave her a temporary residency that she can live and seek employment in it. that TEMPORARY residency means, as far as i understand, given to the person who is still waiting on his result to be refugee legally.( and she didnt get reply, and upon expiry of her TEMPORARY residency, she went to the office and they extend her stay by another 3 months( as she was still waiting on for her result)

while she was waiting for the results, she got her new passport and then another job offer letter. so she took her application back for the refugee(as she never seek that status) and then continue living with her work permit.

she applied only for south africa and no other country and she never get a refusal. also she withdraw her application for the refugee quite before we came in contact. and then she continue living with her work permit. ( logically, if she wanted to live there at any cost, she would never haven withdrawn her application( on which she could have lived and worked for her entire life). instead she continue living with her work permit and thus we have a reason to prove that she had to apply for the refugee as she had no other option but as soon as she got the job offer letter and new passport she converted her stay in to work permit.
I am planning to apply to the NDVO for her case. lets hope for the best :)