17-02-2014
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident, got married on January 22nd, 2014 in India. I wanted to bring my Wife as fast as I can. Below are the two ways I think I can apply:
A. Sponsor her (outside canada) and wait till she gets approved.
B. Apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and get her into the country for limited period (less than 6 months).

Can anyone please tell me if I can apply for both above cases A and B. I really appreciate any responses. I was told by an agency that a PR holder cannot apply for TRV for his/her spouse.

Thanks,
Arravv

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
I also was in the same dillemma when i got married few months back

1) TRV is difficult to get for a spouse as the OFFICEr may assume the spouse will abuse the TRV and not return to India
2) The PR visa process takes atleast 8 months now and sooner you start it, better. Postponing the inevitable by filing TRV and keeping spouse next to you in Canada and then having to start PR process from inside Canada (which takes even longer- 18 months) is, in my opinion, counterproductive in our lives
3) My suggestion- start PR process and send the application in
4) Apply TRV and see if you get it
5) Even if spouse gets TRV , when she gets PPR, then she has to go back to India to send passport to NDVO

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Here is someone's interview experience.

Sponsor husband is 62 years old and wife applicant is 30.
Applicant arrived in Canada under a work permit in June 2009.
2 weeks after, she met her (now husband for 3 years and 4 months).
Got married on sept. Of 2010
Applied inland in nov. 2010
File tranferred from vegreville to edmonton in oct. 2011
Reasons: age gap, short courtship, doubting if our marriage is genuine, asking if i'm married back home. That i did not declare my son when i applied for a visa to come to canada.

"Sept. 12,2013- interview day- we arrived at cic edmonton very prepared! Did not even feel nervous at all! We are confident and we know that what we need to do is to show who we really are!

My interview lasted for 1 hr and 15 min.
Questions asked:
What is my name, bday, my parents name
What is my husbands name, birthday, parents name, siblings and where they live.
Where and when we meet?
Who proposed, describe the moment
When and where is our wedding?
How many people attended? Names of attendees, reception?
1st date? Where when, what we ordered?
Are we sexually active?
Do we want to have kids?
Name of my son, names of my husbands daughter, names of grandkids
How is the relationship between my husband and son

And then suddenly the io stopped typing because she said the computer stopped working. So we started again from the very beginning. I think for me this is to test if i will answer the questions the same thing.

Then, she asked me 3 times in different ways , where do i work, she probably want to make sure that i am not working anywhere else.

Describe our apartment
Who pay bills ?
Where does my husband work?
How much salary?
Do i send money to my home country? How much?
She asked if I'm in Canada
Asked if i have a criminal record or convicted

At the end of the interview, she just said that the only reason why our file was transferred is because of our age gap. Then i said, i know! Lol! I said that , when we applied in 2010, we did not even know that there are red flags like that. What we presented them is the real us!

Then i showed some personal stuff like the crosstitch i made as a birthday gift for my husbands grand daughter, cards from friends and family. Our wedding invitation.

And that's it!

Then it's my husband's turn!!

His interview lasted for 45 minutes. And he was asked the same questions and he answered the same as mine with a little bit of elaboration lol!

When the io told him that our file was tranferred because of age gap, he told the io that this has been happening eversince, just like cleopatra and julis ceasar, charlie chaplin and his wife oona etc. etc. that was the killer answer! Lol!
The io was smiling while typing this my husband said!

All in all the interview went well! The atmosphere inside the interview room was very non threatening, it was actually full of laughter. Me and my husband are very happy people by nature! So i think we really gave a positive vibes inside the interview room.

Exactly 1 month after the interview, oct12,2013, i received an email requesting for medical examination. Then aip and owp arrived on oct. 16.

Medical examination done Oct. 23, 2013.

cic received medical Oct. 31, 2013 "

Hope this is a little helpful as to what visa officers ask and could do during the interview.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
All,

I got my SA on Jan 23rd 2014 and It is now 2 weeks since then. I just called the call center and he very cooly tells me that 'your file is still in Mississauga and is not yet transferred to the visa office abroad'. I was shocked.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

What can i do to get these CPC-M people to transfer my file? How can they just sit on my file especially once they have already approved me as sponsor?

PJP109

Star Member
Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 April 2013
AOR Received.
27 April 2013
File Transfer...
7 May 2013
Med's Done....
28 December 2012
Interview........
20 February 2014
Passport Req..
31 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 20 February 2014, DM - 20 April 2014
rogerset said:
All,

I got my SA on Jan 23rd 2014 and It is now 2 weeks since then. I just called the call center and he very cooly tells me that 'your file is still in Mississauga and is not yet transferred to the visa office abroad'. I was shocked.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

What can i do to get these CPC-M people to transfer my file? How can they just sit on my file especially once they have already approved me as sponsor?
The file gets transferred within a month after SA .. So I guess u should wait...

elmatador

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 28 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 4 2014, AOR2: Mar 29 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 29 2013
Passport Req..
IP: Aug 25 2014, PPR: September 19th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 22nd 2014
LANDED..........
October 4th 2014
Just submitted by Application.

pankaj08

Nov 30, 2013
what interview for red flag??i dont under stand. I am going alone at interview. becoz my wife is in canada and she cannot come coz of her business.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;) New to this Forum, Hello all am Karthic Kumar living in Halifax, Nova Scotia. going to apply PR for my Fiancee soon.

rapunzel1228

Oct 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
A quick question on filling up the application. As part of the questions in the form "5490 - Sponsored Spouse Partner Questionnaire", I have attached all document proofs, like the marriage pictures, the reception pictures, the post wedding pictures, phone bill printout, chat, email screen shots and marriage certificate. In the supported document section I again see the point 5. Do i have again add all the 100 pictures and documents?

Also in the sponsor's section, what documents should i have to add to show relationship genuine?

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
pankaj08 said:
what interview for red flag??i dont under stand. I am going alone at interview. becoz my wife is in canada and she cannot come coz of her business.
Hi, ,sorry to hear that you are scheduled for an interview on Feb 18, which is around the corner.
What may be the reason for the interview? These reasons are called red flags.
For example,
older wife and younger husband?
short wedding and stay with husband or wife?
not enough proof?
different religions?
were your family members present at the wedding from your side and your wife's side?
etc...
It is okay if your wife cannot come to the interview. They interview is actually meant for you and if they can call your wife if they need her.
Go through all the application files in case they ask you and practice. It will give you confidence.
Good luck with your interview and let us know how it went.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
karthicbaboo said:
;) New to this Forum, Hello all am Karthic Kumar living in Halifax, Nova Scotia. going to apply PR for my Fiancee soon.
Hi Karthic, You can only apply for this if you are married to your fiancee (so she will be your spouse then) or if you have been in a common-law relationship (living together but not married). Unfortunately, sponsorship for fiancee is not accepted in Canada.
Good luck with your application.

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
rapunzel1228 said:
A quick question on filling up the application. As part of the questions in the form "5490 - Sponsored Spouse Partner Questionnaire", I have attached all document proofs, like the marriage pictures, the reception pictures, the post wedding pictures, phone bill printout, chat, email screen shots and marriage certificate. In the supported document section I again see the point 5. Do i have again add all the 100 pictures and documents?

Also in the sponsor's section, what documents should i have to add to show relationship genuine?
No. You don't have to add all proofs again because you already have all of them what they need for. Dont forget to add your family relatives in the wedding pics too or trips something like that and you need to put notes under each pictures (when, where, who are they). You will need to send them a copy of visa proof, travel papers and orginal tickets that you went there for marriage. Send them whatever you have there. Thats more than enough for them to see that. :)

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be applying pr for my spouse based in india but we have age difference of 4.5 years and i applied for her visitor visa six months back so that we can host our ceremony in canada but it got rejected .can some body tell me will this impact our application ?

DJ India

Feb 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..
rash04 said:
I will be applying pr for my spouse based in india but we have age difference of 4.5 years and i applied for her visitor visa six months back so that we can host our ceremony in canada but it got rejected .can some body tell me will this impact our application ?
Hi, Usually, less than 5 year of difference is not a red flag especially if husband is elder than wife. If you applied for the TRV only once and it got rejected it would not impact your application, but repeated rejections do have an impact as it shows desperation to get inside Canada. When you are applying(for PR), under your spouses section there will be a form called Background Declaration, there is specific question about it, please explain, in space given the reason TRV was applied in detail and it should be fine.

Good Luck with your application! :)