Sept 2014
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
Interview........
april 13, 2016
love4life said:
Did you mention to them that your processing times are already passed? sorry about this situation, hang in there. I heard they are doing June applicants for interview letters and you are july so you are next, soon you will get a date!
I mentioned that to immi office .but they asked me to cntact ndvo. I emailed my mp again stating about processing time.i hope god listens to us ppl waiting now.

love4life

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 17, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Interview........
May 18, 2016
Passport Req..
May 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2016
LANDED..........
July 9, 2016
anji536 said:
I mentioned that to immi office .but they asked me to cntact ndvo. I emailed my mp again stating about processing time.i hope god listens to us ppl waiting now.
I'm definitely with you on that. I really hope so too. It's only getting tougher for all of us :(

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
desi2 said:
Got PPR :D (please update sheet), remedical was done on 9th December in CANADA. Status is "Decision made".

Will be sending PPT to Ottawa but wondering if we should also apply for TRV extension because its already 5 months and TRV is valid for 6 months.
They say that one should apply for extension atleast 30 days before expiry of status.
Really confused now because don't want to overstay the TRV visa.

Anyone has any experience? Any thoughts?
Congratulations

Can you tell me how you can send your passport to Ottawa?
Do you need to get your case files transferred?

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mitroh said:
Congratulations

The PPR email specifies that if you are in Canada, you can send the passport to Ottawa instead of Delhi, for stamping.
I think everything is online, so Ottawa will be able to confirm my request and issue the visa.

They started allowing that like 1-2 years ago, its a very good process and saves tons of money.

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthicbaboo said:
Always you have the option to Border Cross to USA, but you are sending Passport to Ottawa so you are in Safe Zone
Yes that's the plan for landing.
But I am more concerned about, what if Ottawa didn't stamp passport in next one month?
After one month, it will be against TRV condition (only 6 months visit) and it will be counted as overstaying, no?

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Hello Friends and Seniors,

Looking for your valuable advice.

I am sponsoring my Wife who is a March, 2015 applicant. She is on a TRV to Canada and can remain in Canada until June 2016. She has done her medicals in India before coming to canada as her medicals expired in Nov, 2015. So, I am hoping there would not be a re-medical request.

I have seen several people saying that we can send passport to Ottawa in case the spouse is on TRV and one happens to receive a PPR while on a TRV. Can anyone help me understand how this will work?

Thanks very much!

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
Mitroh said:
Congratulations

According to the senior members those who hv got PPR request ....in ppr email it is clearly mention that if the applicant is inside canada so he/she may send the passport to Ottawa for stamping.....there is no need for u to worry regarding transfer of ur file frm ndvo ......as this option is given by them for the facility of applicants who are on trv or inside canada ......
I hope this helps

Cheers :)

Nabaaf

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
desi2 said:
The PPR email specifies that if you are in Canada, you can send the passport to Ottawa instead of Delhi, for stamping.
I think everything is online, so Ottawa will be able to confirm my request and issue the visa.

They started allowing that like 1-2 years ago, its a very good process and saves tons of money.
Oh that's quite nice!
Do you know if I can bring my husband's passport (in USA right now) and submit it to Ottawa myself? Or do I have to have him stay here?

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Nabaaf said:
According to the senior members those who hv got PPR request ....in ppr email it is clearly mention that if the applicant is inside canada so he/she may send the passport to Ottawa for stamping.....there is no need for u to worry regarding transfer of ur file frm ndvo ......as this option is given by them for the facility of applicants who are on trv or inside canada ......
I hope this helps

Cheers :)

Nabaaf
Thank you so much for the info :)

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mitroh said:
Oh that's quite nice!
Do you know if I can bring my husband's passport (in USA right now) and submit it to Ottawa myself? Or do I have to have him stay here?
The email clearly specifies that "If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”)", so I don't think one can be in US (outside Canada) and use this facility.

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
desi2 said:
The email clearly specifies that "If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”)", so I don't think one can be in US (outside Canada) and use this facility.
Thanks for detailed information, I really appreciate this help!
Hope you are with your loved one soon!
Good luck with everything

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
In Process since 12-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Sent 18-Sep-2015...never received. Re-sent 17-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014; Remeds done Dec 2015
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent; waiting...
Torap said:
Hello Friends and Seniors,

Looking for your valuable advice.

I am sponsoring my Wife who is a March, 2015 applicant. She is on a TRV to Canada and can remain in Canada until June 2016. She has done her medicals in India before coming to canada as her medicals expired in Nov, 2015. So, I am hoping there would not be a re-medical request.

I have seen several people saying that we can send passport to Ottawa in case the spouse is on TRV and one happens to receive a PPR while on a TRV. Can anyone help me understand how this will work?

Thanks very much!
Check out this sample PPR letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18DfDAp7sgO0t-0lHUEhjhPilNdFiQkVv6s1j3vZcITQ

It states on the second page that if you (the applicant) are in Canada, and plan to remain in Canada for at least 3 months, you can send your passport to Ottawa.

As for the medicals, I would apply for your case notes, and check the current expiry date on the medicals, just to make sure they received the updated results.

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Does anyone know how long NDVO is currently taking for DM/PPR after re-medicals? We finally got my wife's (full) re-medical form in December, after a 3 month delay.

The person who called me from NDVO said he was re-sending the re-medical request (but she had to do the full medical again because it had been 3 months), and he basically implied that every background check was done, and the medicals were the last thing remaining.

She completed it a few days later, and the doctor's office sent it to CIC via the eMedical system on Dec 30. I sent the eMedical receipt to NDVO by e-mail, as well as to our MP, asking if they can pass it along.

Currently waiting for NDVO to finalize the file...the light at the end of the tunnel is so close, yet so far away. :(

Status on ECAS still says In Process, and the 4th line saying "We have sent you correspondence on December XX, 2015" is still there. Does that line go away when they have received it? I'm thinking it doesn't, since ECAS is notorious for being out of date.

Also, my wife is flying to India in February to visit family...what is the processing time at CPC-Ottawa, if the PPR letter comes quickly? Can we send the passport to Ottawa and get it back in time?

Because the passport has to be sent (to either Ottawa or New Delhi) within 30 days of the PPR letter being sent, correct?

I see one of three scenarios playing out...

- Obviously, its easier to just have her fly to India and submit the passport to VFS there; then she can come back any time after the passport is returned.

But if the PPR letter shows up more than 30 days before she flies, we either have to...

- Change her air ticket so she can fly sooner and submit it to VFS after landing in India
- Submit the passport to Ottawa and pray that its returned before she has to fly to India (or risk having to change the air ticket to a later date)

So I'm finding myself between a rock and a hard place. I want the PPR to come...but I'm not comfortable relying on Ottawa to return the passport quickly enough for her to fly, so part of me is hoping that it comes LESS than 30 days before she flies. I mean, that "30 days before she leaves" is going to come soon enough anyway (which means I probably have nothing to worry about), but, how strict are they on that 30 day requirement?

rupjatpura1

Jul 19, 2015
Jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-sep-2014
Doc's Request.
Not yet any
AOR Received.
8-nov-2014
File Transfer...
20-nov-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, Re-medical done
Interview........
Inteview date 16/05/2016 passed
Passport Req..
DM 25/8/16, PPR 29/8/16
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Still in india
Somebody plz help me on this..,
My wife is PR of canada and she wants to travel to india in next month, but her PR card is expired this time and new PR card already in renewal process. She booked ticket with KLM now my question is would there b any problem for travelling from canada to india without calud PR card, while having trasit flight from holland(KLM).
My question is just to confirm outbound flight from canada to holland n then holland to india..
Returing from india to canada is pissible with travel document that i already know....

Waiting for any valuable advise.
Thanks

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
rupjatpura1 said:
Somebody plz help me on this..,
My wife is PR of canada and she wants to travel to india in next month, but her PR card is expired this time and new PR card already in renewal process. She booked ticket with KLM now my question is would there b any problem for travelling from canada to india without calud PR card, while having trasit flight from holland(KLM).
My question is just to confirm outbound flight from canada to holland n then holland to india..
Returing from india to canada is pissible with travel document that i already know....

Waiting for any valuable advise.
Thanks
She won't have a problem leaving Canada without a PR card, provided she is a citizen of India, or has a valid visa to enter India.

But she will have a problem returning to Canada without the PR card. Without it, you would have to apply for a travel document, and if the request is denied, you would have to either send the PR card by courier (or with a friend, perhaps), or take it to India yourself.

I, personally, would be paranoid of such an important document being lost by the courier, or anyone else. If you lose your PR card, it will take months to get a new one, so if it was me, I would fly to India myself to give her the PR card...make a vacation out of it, lol.