AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
vermas said:
Hi friends,

Did any one get "in-lieu of non impediment certificate/freedom to marry certificate" from Canada before going to India to get married and register it?
Hi vermas,
I got that document from Ottawa before going to India to get married. Ottawa takes 2-3 weeks to send this document. I even got it attested from the Indian embassy in Toronto. But it was all NO use.
The asshole at the Registrar's office in Gurgaon was like I cannot take a document from Canada. After breaking my head with him and telling him that I have it attested etc he did not
agree. Finally I went to the Canadian embassy in Delhi and got the same document in 15 minutes.

So yes, you do need it. But to save yourself the hassle just go to the Canadian embassy in delhi and get it.

PS: congrats to everyone getting PPR/DM etc :)

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 2014, remedical without request March 2015
Interview........
Oct 12th, 2015 passed, remedial request on same day
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
gigalu said:
Hi vermas,
I got that document from Ottawa before going to India to get married. Ottawa takes 2-3 weeks to send this document. I even got it attested from the Indian embassy in Toronto. But it was all NO use.
The asshole at the Registrar's office in Gurgaon was like I cannot take a document from Canada. After breaking my head with him and telling him that I have it attested etc he did not
agree. Finally I went to the Canadian embassy in Delhi and got the same document in 15 minutes.

So yes, you do need it. But to save yourself the hassle just go to the Canadian embassy in delhi and get it.

PS: congrats to everyone getting PPR/DM etc :)
I don't remember submitting any such document? My marriage was registered........no one asked for any document...

Magicman

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 8, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28, 2014
File Transfer...
June 11, 2014
Med's Done....
December 27, 2013
Interview........
Completed Oct. 06, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2015 (DM & PPR)
VISA ISSUED...
Nope
LANDED..........
Nope
algrn said:
Losing patience......why April applicant is being delayed by NDVO....

How could it take so much of time after in process....2 months and no luck yet.....simply disgrace
Just a quick question.....does your wife live in any of the following smaller town or rural area falling under a bigger district and not in a urban area or big metropolitan? Sometimes background checks and stuff take a longer time when NDVO sends out paper work to third parties such as police stations, agencies etc. I am not saying this is the case but it could be a possibility that one of those guys might be slacking and something like that is not that uncommon in India. It happens we all know it. So hang in there man we know its a hard but it will get done soon enough.

Just count your blessings that at least its "In Process" and you don't have sword hanging over your head unlike some of us who are still stuck on AR/MR.

notorious13

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16/2014
AOR Received.
Sept 03/2014
File Transfer...
Sept17/2014
Passport Req..
March 18/2015
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

algrn

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Magicman said:
Just a quick question.....does your wife live in any of the following smaller town or rural area falling under a bigger district and not in a urban area or big metropolitan? Sometimes background checks and stuff take a longer time when NDVO sends out paper work to third parties such as police stations, agencies etc. I am not saying this is the case but it could be a possibility that one of those guys might be slacking and something like that is not that uncommon in India. It happens we all know it. So hang in there man we know its a hard but it will get done soon enough.

Just count your blessings that at least its "In Process" and you don't have sword hanging over your head unlike some of us who are still stuck on AR/MR.
You mean before marriage or after....??

Thanks for the kind words...Yes I m relieved seeing IP Status but its going on from so long.....

So many troubles and hassles we are facing due to this delay...

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Hi algrn,

why don't you apply for notes. it may or may not be informative. sometimes there will be a bring forward date in it.
or atleast u can be relieved if u don't find any negative comment in ur file.

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
fiza11 said:
I don't remember submitting any such document? My marriage was registered........no one asked for any document...
Hi fiza11, i think it all depends from person to person. some ask some don't. also if you have contacts in the department then they pretty much come to your home and register your marriage :)

algrn

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
innosense said:
Hi algrn,

why don't you apply for notes. it may or may not be informative. sometimes there will be a bring forward date in it.
or atleast u can be relieved if u don't find any negative comment in ur file.
Thanks for the suggestion.
You are right.........Yes I will request for that immediately.
But I heard that it takes one month to get response of ATIP notes....Somehow this wait is killing...

algrn

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somehow I feel that this blog is so supporting.....Can thank enough ppl in it........

Thanks and wishing everyone all the best in their visa process specially to Magicman, Innosense, fiza, amansanghera, preet13, avneet kaur, Umesh1985, honeymann ....

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Thank you and Welcome algrn.

This forum is the best. All r very supportive and kind. Thank you !

Tough times don't last, tough people do ! :) Hang in there everyone

sumanvikramraj

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
Doc's Request.
29th September 2014 pcc and landing fees which was submitted in advance
Med's Request
1st med on 31st July 2013 remedical done on 10th December 2014
Med's Done....
Remedical on 10th Dec ECAS update same day as In Process
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
Booked flight on 20th of April Aircanada Del-London-Edmonton anyone plans to fly on same date please get in touch with me
Hi is there anyone with remedical case who got DM or PPR?

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
algrn said:
Somehow I feel that this blog is so supporting.....Can thank enough ppl in it........

Thanks and wishing everyone all the best in their visa process specially to Magicman, Innosense, fiza, amansanghera, preet13, avneet kaur, Umesh1985, honeymann ....
Thanks algrn. I agree without the support of forum members, it would have been more difficult to deal with this wait.

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Magicman said:

I agree Magicman, the sword or AR/MR is worse than IP.

I met a consultant over the weekend and he said nothing can be done until ndvo contacts us. There is no one who can even question Visa officer on why there is delay:(. They just won't listen to anyone. They have complete authority to take whatever decision :(

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
algrn said:
Cant focus on work....evrything is getting affected with this delay.....

Same here. I can't be strong anymore. This wait is breaking me now :( :'( :'( :'(