+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

CAfromIndia

Jun 24, 2014
Hi Innosense,
I mailed to CIC regarding the docs required and they have sent me d same chcklist wich u hav posted here for adding spouse to file.

It was jus that there was no clarification for chnge of name and address. I jus wntd to knw whether I cn proceed in my maiden name or not while fillin out the docs required by dem??
and whether the resi address to be provided should be of my in laws plc (or my parents plc ie the address wich I had originally provided)?

cn i keep my in laws address in present address and mailing address for COPR as it is as provided earlier?

innosense said:
Better to post your questions in FSW forum. CIC will reply to your email giving you a checklist of what is needed and where to submit. Which looks something like below. Do not send to NDVO. This forum is for Family sponsorship. You don't have to prove ur relationship unless specifically asked. In CEC / FSW, marriage certificate is more than enough.

· Processing fee and right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada at this time)

· Copy of your spouse's birth certificate

· Copy of your spouse's valid passport

· Copy of your marriage certificate

· If applicable, copy of your spouse's divorce certificate if your spouse was previously married

· Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse according to specifications

· Original police certificates for your spouse

· Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself

· Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse

· A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse

Copies of the original documents are required. If these documents are not in English or French, they must be accompanied with original certified translations in English or French. All documents must be sent by email, mail or fax according to the address and number below. Do not submit originals unless otherwise stated as documents submitted will not be returned.
Your spouse will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate form upon receipt of the documents listed above.

It is not mandatory to change name after marriage or to add in passport.
Residential address is where you live presently. (whether parents place or in laws or a hostel ) Also there will be a mailing address where you would like to receive your COPR. Don't confuse urself with new and old address. No need to provide proof of address.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
CAfromIndia said:
Hi Innosense,
I mailed to CIC regarding the docs required and they have sent me d same chcklist wich u hav posted here for adding spouse to file.

It was jus that there was no clarification for chnge of name and address. I jus wntd to knw whether I cn proceed in my maiden name or not while fillin out the docs required by dem??
and whether the resi address to be provided should be of my in laws plc (or my parents plc ie the address wich I had originally provided)?

cn i keep my in laws address in present address and mailing address for COPR as it is as provided earlier?
yes

CAfromIndia

Jun 24, 2014
draxz1289 said:
1) yes its not required to change your name and yes you will go by your maiden name
2) I am confused, you want to update his side of the address to your old address?
Hi Draxz1289,

No I am jus confused whther my resi address should be of my in laws plc (or my parents plc i the address which I had provided wen I filed the application)??/

cn I keep my in laws address as present address and mailing address for COPR as provided earlier?

and whr should I MAIL the docs and dd?

CAfromIndia

Jun 24, 2014
innosense said:
yes
Thnks a lot innosense.....

I hope they dont ask me for any proof cos I hav nthin to show dt I live at his plc apart frm marriage certi...

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
CAfromIndia said:
Hi Draxz1289,

No I am jus confused whther my resi address should be of my in laws plc (or my parents plc i the address which I had provided wen I filed the application)??/

cn I keep my in laws address as present address and mailing address for COPR as provided earlier?

and whr should I MAIL the docs and dd?
I think it asks what is your current residence, so if you current address has moved then you have to update your file and any other processing must have the new address.
I am not sure where to send it.

Post the question in the main forum and someone else can help

bindu661

Jul 9, 2013
Re: Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.
« Reply #1452 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:46 am »
Please take time to read, it is worthwhile...

‘High error rate' found in Canada's immigration processing
Internal government reviews find CIC employees often fail to use correct form letters or provide accurate timelines.

By: Nicholas Keung Immigration reporter, Published on Mon Jan 05 2015

Internal government reviews have identified a “high error rate” in immigration processing, from permanent resident applications to refugee work permits, prompting fears over the system's integrity.

The human errors — staff failing to use correct form letters, address missing documents and provide accurate timelines, among other shortcomings — could not only cost individual applicants a chance to live and work in Canada but affect the “efficiency of the system” and create unnecessary backlogs.

“An important area of concerns resides with the letters. The number of request letters not sent, sent incomplete or unclear at initial stage and later on create a negative impact on both clients and the Case Processing Centre (in Vegreville, Alta.),” said an evaluation of operations at Vegreville. It was one of three internal reports obtained under an access to information request.

“It delays the processing, causes more waiting times for clients and increases the work for staff. It also increases the amount of whitemail received at (Vegreville) when clients reply to unnecessary requests or seek clarification. The number of same request letters sent over time also creates unfairness for clients whose applications got refused after one request.”

Immigration applicants have complained about inconsistencies and a lack of fairness in the application processing — and sometimes the decision-making — by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officials.

The three so-called “quality management” reviews obtained by the Star focused on applications in three areas: permanent residence, refugee work permits and Canadian Experience Class.

The reviews give the public a rare glimpse into the extent of these official errors, which authorities have never admitted to.

While the rank and file of the immigration department blames the errors on the rising number of “casual employees” hired to replace well-trained permanent staff, the government insists that has not compromised the integrity of these programs.

“Since the (Stephen) Harper government came into power, Citizenship and Immigration has seen too many cuts and lost many qualified employees,” said Steve McCuaig, national president of the Canada Employment and Immigration Union.

“You have casual employees brought in within a short time with little training while qualified people are shown the door, and the public is left with people who are not on top of their job,” he said.

According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department's global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts.

Immigration department spokeswoman Sonia Lesage insisted the system's integrity was not compromised and officials regularly carry out quality monitoring exercises to evaluate programs and review procedures.

“As a result, the department is able to improve programs and provide faster and better services. CIC is focused on making our application processes and our correspondence with clients simpler and clearer,” she wrote in an email.

“We have moved to a system of ensuring perfected applications are handed in at the beginning of the process. With this practice, we have been able to identify missing or invalid information, earlier.”

However, the union's McCuaig said the casual employees are not up to the task and some of the mistakes “are not fixable,” leaving applicants' lives in limbo.

“The government keeps changing its policies. It is a challenge to keep up with all the changes that come every other week,” he said. “And you have to meet the quota and process X number of applications during your 7.5-hour shift.

“This is not like working in a bank and you either give or deny a loan. We are dealing with people's lives and dreams here.”

According to the review of 996 files handled between Nov. 1 and Dec. 6, 2014, at the Vegreville operation, which deals with permanent residence applications, the quality management team found these shortcomings in the 617 request letters sent:
13 per cent did not address all missing items.
23 per cent had no timeline or an incomplete one or did not mention the consequences of failing to reply.
6 per cent were either “not professional” or chose the incorrect template form.

Of 426 files that received a second review during the five weeks, decisions were pending for 149 owing to errors made by decision-makers at an earlier stage.

While the 2013 review of the Canadian Experience Class — a pathway for those with Canadian work experience and education to obtain permanent residence — found 23 per cent of the decisions had “significant” eligibility concerns, the evaluation of refugee permit applications identified 113 errors in 88 files.

Toronto resident Bashar Kassir said he was not surprised by the many errors identified within the immigration system. His sponsorship for his parents in war-torn Syria was denied in August because officials said he failed to respond to letters the family claimed it never received.

“When mistakes are made, they need to recognize it and have recourse to address them,” said Bassir, whose file was finally reopened after his story appeared in the Star in October. “They should not force people to go to endless appeals for their mistakes.”

His parents received their permanent resident visas in December — more than three years after Bassir submitted his sponsorship application.

payal9

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
Med's Done....
March-2014
Passport Req..
faith in god
VISA ISSUED...
God knws
LANDED..........
faith in god
Hi all
What the d meaning of " document scanned and trashed"

Noticed NDVO did this for some document..what is dat actually..

They scan the original document and destroy d original?

Please comment...

fakename

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2013
Doc's Request.
10-7-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2013
File Transfer...
17-12-2013
Med's Request
Re-Medical: Oct 2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Passport Req..
12-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Dec 20 2014; DM: March 06 2015
;D Received visa an hour ago ;D

preet13

Oct 1, 2014
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep.2013
AOR Received.
05 oct 2013
Med's Request
19 nov, 2014
Med's Done....
27 nov, 2014
Interview........
19. nov
Passport Req..
DM from 18 march 2015,,,,,,
VISA ISSUED...
got visa 19 march 2015,,,,
LANDED..........
sooooonnnnnn
fakename said:
congrats wish u happy marriage life :D :D

jaskambo

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
5-11-2013
Med's Done....
Remedical 30,dec,2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2013 ... Status: In Process 30,dec,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 23-may-2015
fakename said:
Many many congratulations dear..

jaskambo

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
5-11-2013
Med's Done....
Remedical 30,dec,2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2013 ... Status: In Process 30,dec,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 23-may-2015
Y ndvo not working now a days? No any update at any forum since last 10days. What they are doing.. Any idea ???

resh87

Apr 24, 2014
Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
Awaiting the remedical request since october!
Med's Done....
22-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting the moment since past 15 months
LANDED..........
hope it happens soon
fakename said:
Congrats fakename..:)

preet13

Oct 1, 2014
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep.2013
AOR Received.
05 oct 2013
Med's Request
19 nov, 2014
Med's Done....
27 nov, 2014
Interview........
19. nov
Passport Req..
DM from 18 march 2015,,,,,,
VISA ISSUED...
got visa 19 march 2015,,,,
LANDED..........
sooooonnnnnn
jaskambo said:
Y ndvo not working now a days? No any update at any forum since last 10days. What they are doing.. Any idea ???
yep ur right nothing update.....they r lazy dogs...some r saying they r working on 2013 files but in our forum only 3 updates i think morethen 30 files r hare...now all ideaa r fail i clear my interview 4 months ago but still IP :( :(

fakename

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2013
Doc's Request.
10-7-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2013
File Transfer...
17-12-2013
Med's Request
Re-Medical: Oct 2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Passport Req..
12-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Dec 20 2014; DM: March 06 2015
Thanks Preet, JasKambo, and Resh.
With three ADR applicants (including me) getting DM in last two weeks, I feel rest of the backlog will be taken care of soon.
Do an MP inquiry. That helped each time in my case.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015