App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
Finallyy its IP and got re medicals letter. Thank god. :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
kunjai said:
My wife (sponsor) got reply from MP stating that our file was last reviewed on Feb 19th and has been recommended for interview. :( They have transferred the file to another officer who is in charge of allotting the dates for the interview.... will have to wait for their mail i guess for the dates...

They have doubts as this is my first marriage while it is second marriage for my wife... that's what the MP enquiry revealed.... :( :( :( :(
My wife and me are really upset and disappointed and she is inconsolable after hearing the news.... as we were hoping and praying for the visa in March... as she was not feeling well and in a lot of pain last month, and if I could have been with her early enough she could have undergone a small surgical procedure... which would have helped her medical condition.... am missing her lot... she is all alone with her daughter(11 year old) and we both are feeling helpless .... it has been hell for both of us for the last 2 months......... watching her go through the pain alone is heartbreaking for me :( :( :(

How long till we can expect the interview dates.... any one?
So sorry to hear that you have been recommended for an interview. This separation from our other half for months is hell indeed and an interview on top of it can make anyone turn into a bundle of nerves. But take it as positive where you can show NDVO face to face that you two deserve to be together and you marriage is genuine. Are you the sponsor or the applicant? You can really show NDVO that your 11 year old daughter needs both her parents in her upbringing to ensure her well being and you are dedicated to each other.

As per NDVO's general trend, applicants find out date of interview approximately one month after they find out that interview is recommended. So you might get your dates in March and interview held in April.

I think too that your wife should get the medical treatment she needs so that she can have a better quality of life. If her family or close friends can look after your daughter in that time, it would be ideal. She should not delay in case her health could become a little worse.
I hope that everything works out for the three of you.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
SN0206 said:

App. Filed.......: march 2013
File Transfer...: april 2013
Passport Req..: may 2013
Congrats! After patiently waiting for so long, its really nice to get some positive news. Hope you get DM as soon as you send your medicals.

coffeeshots

Feb 27, 2014
Hi, I am 2013 applicant. I am a PR and i applied for my husband in November 2013. Below is my time line of events so far.

Application Sent to CIC (nov 2013)
Application Received at CIC (nov 2013)
Date of Sponsorship Approved (dec 2013)
Date of File Transferred to New Delhi ? they have not given me a date when the file was moved.

The status for my husband says 'file received' and 'medical received'.

Have not heard anything from the Embassy for the passport or anything. How long does it usually take? Anybody with a similar timeline who can share experiences. Also, I wanted to know if the status changes from 'received' to 'started processing' in every case?

Thanks a lot!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Robin_Pandey said:
Thnks Desi Girl,
If one carries his/her present valid unexpired DL and also the driving history summary/record and if it is of >2 yrs of history,the G category(highest) DL of canada will be given on the spot upon verirfication.
So thats what I had and got it.

Sadly only few select countries can utilize this option and India is not in that list.

The following link might help others who wannaa use this

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence
you will be given one chance and only one chance to go for a G test. if you fail in that attempt you can go for G2 test immeditely. The normal wait times are waived between G2 and G.

coffeeshots

Feb 27, 2014
ramkris said:
you will be given one chance and only one chance to go for a G test. if you fail in that attempt you can go for G2 test immeditely. The normal wait times are waived between G2 and G.
You still have to write G1 exam and its just that the wait time of one year is waived off before you can give your road test. It is your option to go for G1 or G (allows highway driving) straight away! But yes a valid Indian license will help to waive off that one year wait before you can appear for the road test. You definitely can go up to a test centre and write your G1 exam when you wish to (even the next day you land) and your G1 license will be mailed to you at your residence. You can actually order the handbook online to read through so that you are prepared for your written exam when you land in Canada. It is sure not hard to crack!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
coffeeshots said:
You still have to write G1 exam and its just that the wait time of one year is waived off before you can give your road test. It is your option to go for G1 or G (allows highway driving) straight away! But yes a valid Indian license will help to waive off that one year wait before you can appear for the road test. You definitely can go up to a test centre and write your G1 exam when you wish to (even the next day you land) and your G1 license will be mailed to you at your residence. You can actually order the handbook online to read through so that you are prepared for your written exam when you land in Canada. It is sure not hard to crack!

No. If you are writing G1 with out submitting your driving experience credentials you have to go through G1 test then wait time of 1 year to write G2 then wait time to go for G

If you are submitting your driving experience before taking up G1 written test, You can take G test or G2 test depending on license. Thats my experience

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Desi-girl said:
Congrats! After patiently waiting for so long, its really nice to get some positive news. Hope you get DM as soon as you send your medicals.
I hope too. Thank you alot. hope you get visa soon. :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
coffeeshots said:
Hi, I am 2013 applicant. I am a PR and i applied for my husband in November 2013. Below is my time line of events so far.

Application Sent to CIC (nov 2013)
Application Received at CIC (nov 2013)
Date of Sponsorship Approved (dec 2013)
Date of File Transferred to New Delhi ? they have not given me a date when the file was moved.

The status for my husband says 'file received' and 'medical received'.

Have not heard anything from the Embassy for the passport or anything. How long does it usually take? Anybody with a similar timeline who can share experiences. Also, I wanted to know if the status changes from 'received' to 'started processing' in every case?

Thanks a lot!
Hi

Thank you for your timeline. You should get ppr soon so maybe early March. it usually takes 1 month to 2 months i think. it will change from received to in process when they start working on your application. You are a November applicant so you may get good news this summer so hopefully. All the best! :)

youtube101

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
File Transfer...
26-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 4, DM: Not sure. PP received: Feb 11, 2014
LANDED..........
On March 28 @ Montreal
Wow, it is such a great news. Waiting to hear from you on this. Get the re-medicals done quickly and your visa should be there soon.

Congratulations on IP.

SN0206 said:

deekay25

Apr 27, 2013
Hello,
I m a 20th June Applicant...I sponsored my wife..this is my second marriage.. i already submitted my wife's passport and landing fees as requested in August 2013..just last week my file updated as medical received then nothing....what is next dont know...if my wife get interview, must be given in english? and wt kind of question they are asking? if anybody knows pls reply me...Thanks

Iranas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
29 Jan 2013
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2013
Med's Request
2 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
15 Jan 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP : 26th October
Hello SN0206 congrats on your Ip when you had your first medical done.

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
SN0206 said:
im the happiest woman here ..yeaaaaaa good luck sweets and im at peace now been waiting for this good news since so long finally !!!! yupieee :-* :-* :-* :-*

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
i guess it was around nov 2012 her 1st medicals....

Iranas said:
Hello SN0206 congrats on your Ip when you had your first medical done.

SidhuBTI

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Bathinda
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
18-12-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Med's Request
Re-med 24 April 2014
Interview........
In process 24 April 2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
SN0206 said:
So happy for you...congrats for IP...plz check ur inbox